Marriage is completely unecessary

strongnrelaxed

• Author
strongnrelaxed
Um … there is no "change."

I raised my daughter to question authority and to challenge the norms of society. I don't know if she will ever get married. The only thing I care about on that front is that if she chooses to marry, that she choose wisely and with full consciousness about her decision - that she bring her best to the union - and that she continue to develop herself as a person whether she is single or not.

I am fine with serial monogamy, I am fine with polygamy, cohabitation without marriage, prostitution, open marriages, stay at home moms / dads, communal families, whatever. I hope that ALL people do their best in whatever they choose, and that they treat the people they share their lives with with respect and love.

It is NOT a gender issue, no matter how much people like you and Woggle try to make it so.

Yes, I am old, and I am also a happy newlywed. What do you have to say about that?

It is most certainly a gender issue. It shouldn't be, but it is.

I too will tell my daughter to get married. It will work well for her no matter what happens.

But my boys will have to make up their own minds and I will most certainly explain the intricacies to them. All they need to do really is to look up the divorce laws before getting married. If they can listen to a few older men who have been through the ringer with women, then even better.

Then they can make an informed decision.

If I sound angry at times I most certainly am. I was lied to by almost everyone around me about the realities of marriage and divorce and my children are paying a price for my ignorance.

That will not happen again and I am firmly committed to making sure as many young men hear what I have to say.

Mme.C, you have been a worthy responder, but you cannot change reality. Marriage is a very raw deal for men in so many more ways than I have expounded upon here. I hope this changes one day.

I too will tell my daughter to get married. It will work well for her no matter what happens.

Go ahead and tell your daughter whatever you want, but I did NOT tell mine to get married.

Do you read any posts here at all?

• Author
strongnrelaxed
Your ex does not represent the majority of women.

I am going to have to call BS on this one. ALL women are the same in some very key ways. I am sick and tired of the same old tripe "not all women are like that" while the vast majority of them are perpetrators and the rest who are not benefit greatly nonetheless.

All the while men are portrayed as potential rapists, overweight idiot oafs, dogs who would have sex with anything or anyone, and a whole bunch of crap.

I will not let this sort of BS stand while I am alive. You can always say that not all goats are like that, or not all trees are like that. But the voices of millions and millions of men are telling me otherwise.

• Author
strongnrelaxed
I know, and sorry - it wasn't fair for me to bring them up.

I had a terrible divorce. Does that make it right for me to disrespect the views of every single person on LoveShack who believes something different than I do? Or is that just okay if you're a guy?

Why do you cast anyone whose views things differently than you as "disrespectful?" Is that how it works around here? I keep hearing this over and over in the religious discussions too. I ask for proof. A simple request. And my posts are ripped for being disrespectful.

And I still have no proof.

I am going to have to call BS on this one. ALL women are the same in some very key ways. I am sick and tired of the same old tripe "not all women are like that" while the vast majority of them are perpetrators and the rest who are not benefit greatly nonetheless.

All the while men are portrayed as potential rapists, overweight idiot oafs, dogs who would have sex with anything or anyone, and a whole bunch of crap.

I will not let this sort of BS stand while I am alive. You can always say that not all goats are like that, or not all trees are like that. But the voices of millions and millions of men are telling me otherwise.

all that I could see from this post is that wah wah women suck wah wah.

You had a sh*tty marriage but that doesn't mean that the rest of us will.

• Like 1

NO KIDDING, dude.

Buddy Holly rocks. Or, rocked.

• Like 2
  • Author
strongnrelaxed
Actually one of the studies was a study on men's health and the findings were a secondary find in regards to that. They studied men's health, heart disease, depression, etc. on men married and men divorced. The study pretty conclusively found that men's health and state of mind is better married than divorced.

There was another study studying both men and women married and divorced and their physical and mental wellness.

I am aware of these studies. But if you are familiar with methodology you might look into sample sizes and composition. I am too lazy to spell this all out.

I do not trust these studies. My overwhelming experience with men of all walks of life says otherwise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyro

Your ex does not represent the majority of women.

I will not let this sort of BS stand while I am alive.

Wow, drama, much?

Does this mean you are not long for this world, then?

• Author
strongnrelaxed

Ok. Good luck.

Remember me well Pyro. I too was cocky. I cannot tell you how many old men warned me. I did not listen. I remember saying to an older friend one day "you are just a bitter old man who can't get laid. Women are not all out to get men!" (jokingly)

That man is dead now and I did not listen. His words are like stains on my soul. I was so wrong to be so cocky. But i am paying the price for my youthful arrogance.

I hope you do not suffer the same fate. I really would not wish this on anyone.

Who needs studies, common sense, intelligence or facts? We have histrionics!

Ok. Good luck.

Remember me well Pyro. I too was cocky. I cannot tell you how many old men warned me. I did not listen. I remember saying to an older friend one day "you are just a bitter old man who can't get laid. Women are not all out to get men!" (jokingly)

That man is dead now and I did not listen. His words are like stains on my soul. I was so wrong to be so cocky. But i am paying the price for my youthful arrogance.

and I hope one day that you wake up from your bitter bed here.

You are going to die alone and angry unless you lighten up some.

Ok. Good luck.

:D:D:lmao::lmao::laugh::p:p:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::lmao::lmao:

I die!

Pyro, you are so cocky and arrogant that you dare to believe that you are happily married when this brilliant sage and a plethora of other old men before him are telling you what a stooge you are!

Hahaha, what a fool you are! A smart man would listen to this … um, wise man and immediately dump his wife.

Now you're gonna have to have his words as a stain upon your soul!

Oh my god!

You're dumb.

• Author
strongnrelaxed
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyro - Wow, drama, much?

Does this mean you are not long for this world, then?

Who knows. I take every day as if it is my last. I just want my time to count for something other than feeding into a horribly delusional and dishonest system.

I assume that many people on this site are Americans, and so I do not expect much understanding here. But as things change around us - and they are changing rapidly - men like me will go away. I am a dying breed - literally and figuratively.

Life will go on without me - perhaps even a little better for those I leave behind.

Perhaps there will be a dream world one day where no men will step up to fight the things he sees as wrong or insane. Perhaps one day all men will just accept the truths that are handed to them by the women around them without question like the good little boys we were raised to be. Perhaps everyone will believe in Allah one day and there will be no one like me to say "screw you!"

That is how it looks from where I stand.

But for now, I remain strong n relaxed...

• Author
strongnrelaxed

I die!

Pyro, you are so cocky and arrogant that you dare to believe that you are happily married when this brilliant sage and a plethora of other old men before him are telling you what a stooge you are!

Hahaha, what a fool you are! A smart man would listen to this … um, wise man and immediately dump his wife.

Oh my god!

You're dumb.

I was wrong to imply that pyro is arrogant. I mean to say that this was me when I was younger. I thought I knew it all. Because I did. I just repeated bible verses and agreed to whatever mommy and daddy told me.

Then I grew up.

I die!

Oh my god!

You're dumb.

I better go read my bible and pray to my God.:(

• Author
strongnrelaxed

Alas pyro. The challenge is that I finally DID wake up. And what I see is not pretty.

I have a huge rant to offer here. Perhaps another time. I am running out.

Enjoy your evening. I mean that with all sincerity.

I was wrong to imply that pyro is arrogant. I mean to say that this was me when I was younger. I thought I knew it all. Because I did. I just repeated bible verses and agreed to whatever mommy and daddy told me.

Then I grew up.

Your marriage would probably still be intact if you weren't so angry about life.

• Like 1
I better go read my bible and pray to my God.:(

OH NO! Because I also am learning that having a spiritual life is just as stupid and misguided as having a spouse! NOOOOOOOO!

• Like 1

In all seriousness S N' R you have some very strong OPINIONS and as you can see a majority of people here don't agree with you.

Tone it down some and try to see things from other perspectives and we might be more sympathetic towards you.

Try to get over your divorce some before you attempt to give any sort of relationship advice because no one is going to take you seriously if you are spewing it out in such a hateful and angry way.

• Like 2
I just repeated bible verses and agreed to whatever mommy and daddy told me.

I am pretty sure this right here is the key to "you."

What you are so clearly unable to grasp is that things like spirituality and views on marriage, for many of us, have been thoughtfully considered for our whole lifetime. We HAVE looked at it from many angles. We DO know the different sides, the positives and negatives. We ARE in the position to make informed decisions, and we do so.

Most of us (I'm talking about the regular posters here on LS) are not in a place where we feel like we've been drinking kool-aide all of our lives, swallowing some bull hook, line and sinker, and all of a sudden have awakened to that fact.

That seems to be where you are.

I could empathize with that - except for when you persist on carrying on as if you have some kind of new message that the rest of us (or the men, anyway) need to "wake up" to.

THAT is arrogance, it's very disrespectful, and it is also really sad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
strongnrelaxed
I am pretty sure this right here is the key to "you."

What you are so clearly unable to grasp is that things like spirituality and views on marriage, for many of us, have been thoughtfully considered for our whole lifetime. We HAVE looked at it from many angles. We DO know the different sides, the positives and negatives. We ARE in the position to make informed decisions, and we do so.

Most of us (I'm talking about the regular posters here on LS) are not in a place where we feel like we've been drinking kool-aide all of our lives, swallowing some bull hook, line and sinker, and all of a sudden have awakened to that fact.

That seems to be where you are.

I could empathize with that - except for when you persist on carrying on as if you have some kind of new message that the rest of us (or the men, anyway) need to "wake up" to.

THAT is arrogance, it's very disrespectful, and it is also really sad.

My intention is not to be disrespectful. But that is what any challenge to faith is deemed to be. That's the way the whole thing works.

What I find arrogant (in my personal opinion, of course) is someone who has only experienced one side of a multi facted and complex situation/phenomenon and claim to know all about it. That would be ok, but MME C, you spend a considerable amount of effort following me around this site and dishing out silly statements. Again, I am fortunate because those who read these things can see your type for who you really are. I do not need to do this.

I attack false beliefs - you attack people.

Life is amazing and beautiful, but behaviors like the ones you demonstrate are what make life sick, and twisted, and sad.

Congratulations! You win.

I bet I know your story. It is becoming clearer over time. So in some ways, I feel sorry for you. You don't have much of a choice in these matter.

I hope you emerge from this one day. Perhaps you will do good things with that transformation.

• Author
strongnrelaxed

when you don't extend that to women with serious problems?.

The numbers of programs (funded by your tax dollars and mine), the internet sites, womens forums, magazines, and - well you get the idea - dedicated to helping women with their problems is so numerous, I am shocked than an educated and wise woman like yourself would even post this.

But I know that facts and numbers and evidence are not your bag.

Men have voices too. Men need support too. Men can warn other men about the dangers of marriage. Men are not evil. We are not dogs. We are not stupid. And we are not bad for risking our lives in wars that we did not create, risking our lives in jobs we do not want to do, but must to support our families, and endure the verbal insults of the indoctrinated when we try to help them recover from their delusions.

I want someone to refute these things. This disgust and hate for men is in some of you and it is there for others to read in plain sight. I am here to call it out for young men who are just reading, lurking or here to get some perspective.

These things are not always easy to see when you are in your twenties, so I am hoping you provide your usual predictable nasty response full of dripping sarcasm and condescension.

The more young men see what they are in for the better. Some of you have been among my best supporters. This would normally be ironic - but in this case it is sadly not. This is why I am so brutally honest in my posts. There are few things hater hates more than an honest man. Sounds funny when you read it out there like that, but alas it is true.

I finally received a thank you from a young man. (ok, so it is only one, but hey - that's one) for my candor and openness here. So those of you who post nasty hateful, and unsupported responses to my posts deserve a bit of credit, so thanks.

Have a great weekend MME C. Say hi to your cats for me!

• Author
strongnrelaxed

Well, I am not sure if this is a prediction or an attempt at a curse (both perhaps?)

In terms of anger - you have no idea. But I am not bitter. I am fortunate to have a number of great colleagues, friends and my children around me. I also have a great career and all sorts of great things to be grateful for.

In terms of your other wish for me, I may indeed die alone. And that will be perfectly fine with me. I am a man of very deep principles. Most people find this odd or offensive. Being a military man is an outdated silly thing to most people. Being educated is "snobby" to half the country. Being a dedicated father is lame and weak to some people. I have heard it all.

I would rather die alone that married to someone I could not trust. I have met so few women whom I thought I could completely trust that I understand how rare a thing this is - and how special.

I am not as fortunate for you Pyro to have found one of the good ones.

Thanks for shoving my nose in that fact. You and MMe Chaucer make a great team.