Consolidated Discussion - A man's/woman's height in the search for relationships

Prefering tall doesn't mean that's all you date, though, so I think the poll is too limited. It's like asking do you prefer blond hair or brown hair. Blond would probably win, but few men would limit themselves to blonds.

Women - Do you prefer tall guys or short guys? - Poll

Answer, and give reason/reasons why you chose your answer. Not sure if this thread will get deleted or not due to the huge thread about this topic, but seems the poll will get lost through all the posts on that thread.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
It was merged....hence a consolidated thread.
Prefering tall doesn't mean that's all you date, though, so I think the poll is too limited. It's like asking do you prefer blond hair or brown hair. Blond would probably win, but few men would limit themselves to blonds.

I get that, but how could I have made the poll better with better choices to choose from?

Tall guys. I'm 5'7 myself and I've always felt myself more attracted to taller guys. I WOULD date a guy who's at least my height. But I prefer men who are 6-6'3. Above that is a bit too tall, but then again, you cannot choose who you fall in love with.

I have a gal-friend of mine who is 5'8", so height is a big thing to her...I'm 5'0", so anyone over 5'4" is good for me when I'm wearing my heels.

My son is only 5'2", and I understand his angst at height issues. My hope has always been that he wouldn't justify his unhappiness in life due to his height as that is not something that anyone can change...not any more than a woman who is tall, both have their own insecurities.

I'm not sure how short guys will be eliminated from the gene pool considering how:

1. Short guys get laid. Quite a bit actually :laugh:

2. A tall couple can still have short male children.

My own parents are 5 foot 9 and 5 foot 5. I was destined to be around my dad's height at 5 foot 9 - had a growth spurt at 13, I'm now nearly 6 foot 3. I'm not genetic expert, but it doesn't appear to guarantee the height of your child.

Has my height helped me in dating? Not really. I've had far less experience than my shorter peers. My younger brother is 5 foot 6 and completely outstrips me in both dating and relationship experience.

Does it bother me? Again, not really. In life, acceptance is important, otherwise you'll spend all your days bitching and wailing at the world for your ills. It does help that I'm passionate about different things aswell.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
I am a woman :)

Yes, I've already said that height is arousing!

But so are dozens of other qualities, physical and non. So if a person NEEDS height, maybe it is for another reason. I mean, who wouldn't be aroused by this, famous or not?

http://krock.com.au/images/markymark.jpg

(my god, that smile!)

Sorry...Im not at all aroused........:p

TFY

• Like 2

IMO, nothing is worse than a short girl who only wants to date tall guys.

For example a 5'2 woman who won't date any guy shorter than 5'10.

Short guys are always told to focus on short girls, and it's really sucks when not even a short girl wants a short guy. Tall girls obviously don't want short guys.

• Like 1
IMO, nothing is worse than a short girl who only wants to date tall guys.

For example a 5'2 woman who won't date any guy shorter than 5'10.

Short guys are always told to focus on short girls, and it's really sucks when not even a short girl wants a short guy. Tall girls obviously don't want short guys.

That's when it gets ridiculous to me. Why exactly does a 5'2" woman pass over guys that are even half a foot taller?

Thanks for saying that.

A guy can be a dick no matter how tall he is.

The problem is when women apply negative sweeping generalizations to all short men and forgetting to include that the same negative things can be applied to tall men as well.

I really annoys me when a woman says she had a bad experience with a short guy and therefore will never date a short guy again. A woman would never say that she had a bad experience with a tall guy and won't date another tall guy.

Damn, that's a very good point. But I guess because the reality is more women prefer tall than short so their biased in that regard.

• Like 1
You went out with a couple of jerkoffs.....Newsflash...They come in all shapes and sizes...

I love when women say this....(bolded)

Protected from what? ...:laugh:... No disrespect to him, but you do realize that there are likely just as many shorter guys that are far stronger and far more capable of kicking someone's ass as your taller guy..??

And how does just being shorter make a guy less masculine?

What would you say if I said fat women or any woman with less than a C cup are just flat out unfeminine?

Have your cholce,,,,But the logic is kinda lame, IMO...

TFY

It's just some sort of psychological thing for women where they feel more protected by a tall guy even though it really don't mean **** in terms of strength.

See the little laughing emoticon?...Not angry or defensive at all...

When I hear a woman say stuff like "I feel protected"..that speaks of some kind of daddy issues to me, but thats my opinion...

I mean, if I was a woman, Id consider someone who was confident, quick on his feet, smart, able to earn, talented with his hands "in a McGuyver way" as someone that would make me feel more protected...And those traits have absolutely nothing to do with height.,,.Not someone that just can change a lightbulb without a stepladder...:rolleyes:

TFY

I guess it's biological. Since women naturally in general are shorter than guys. So most would prefer a tall guy over a short one. I suppose some women would think a tall guy would automatically protect them more than shorter guys, but those women are clueless.

Yeah, I know, I don't get women who tie a physical appearance to their personality and then don't date them based off THAT reason alone.

That's like me saying, "I don't date women with big boobs, because every single big-boobed woman I dated were airheads!"

I'm sure there are big boobed smart women out there.

You went out with a couple of jerkoffs.....Newsflash...They come in all shapes and sizes...

I love when women say this....(bolded)

Protected from what? ...:laugh:... No disrespect to him, but you do realize that there are likely just as many shorter guys that are far stronger and far more capable of kicking someone's ass as your taller guy..??

And how does just being shorter make a guy less masculine?

What would you say if I said fat women or any woman with less than a C cup are just flat out unfeminine?

Have your cholce,,,,But the logic is kinda lame, IMO...

TFY

I would but my sources are all in non-english languages.

Humor us, after all some of us have the resources to translate websites. ;-)

it honestly seems like some of you on here have some vendetta against short guys. some of you keep implying short guys are mean people.

And why pass over someone who's 5'6" or 5'7"? I want to know since that's still 2-3 inches taller than you.

I've heard this many times before..a women seeing a short guy who turns out to be a jerk and she states it's the last time she dates short men..

It's like women look for a reason to never date a short man again..You NEVER hear a women say I had a few bad experiences with tall men I'll never date them again..

thefooloftheyear
Some of the celebrities being mentioned aren't short, they're average height. Does this mean average is now also short?

The height thing is really only a problem on the internet. Sure, many women may prefer taller guys, but they don't generally exclude shorter ones. I'm 5'9 , and according to the internet I'm short, and could never get a date. I've read enough OLD profiles to see all the ones that only want a guy over 6'. Thing is, I don't care. Let people have whatever preferences they like. Most of them will never find the 6' tall rich guy, with a huge penis and a heart of gold. There are plenty of women who will happily date a shorter guy, those are the ones that matter.

Height isn't something you can control so you shouldn't worry about it. Think instead about the things you can control.

I think the most laughable part is the one's that are seemingly the most dreamy are the ones who should be the least selective...

TFY

Some of the celebrities being mentioned aren't short, they're average height. Does this mean average is now also short?

The height thing is really only a problem on the internet. Sure, many women may prefer taller guys, but they don't generally exclude shorter ones. I'm 5'9 , and according to the internet I'm short, and could never get a date. I've read enough OLD profiles to see all the ones that only want a guy over 6'. Thing is, I don't care. Let people have whatever preferences they like. Most of them will never find the 6' tall rich guy, with a huge penis and a heart of gold. There are plenty of women who will happily date a shorter guy, those are the ones that matter.

Height isn't something you can control so you shouldn't worry about it. Think instead about the things you can control.

Despite what the internet things, 5'9 isn't short. So you aren't going to have the same dating experiences as a guy who is 5'5, who is actually short.

It's hard not to worry about height regardless if I can control it or not, because height is something that women use to determine a man's attractiveness. At your height it's never something you had to deal with.

Despite what the internet things, 5'9 isn't short. So you aren't going to have the same dating experiences as a guy who is 5'5, who is actually short.

It's hard not to worry about height regardless if I can control it or not, because height is something that women use to determine a man's attractiveness. At your height it's never something you had to deal with.

5'9" is the average height in the U.S. Anything below that & your considered short. I didn't really learn about this height issue myself until the internet. It can really **** with your mind when there's literally thousands of articles about women prefering tall guys. I'm only 5'7" or 5'6" 1/2.

I've heard this many times before..a women seeing a short guy who turns out to be a jerk and she states it's the last time she dates short men..

It's like women look for a reason to never date a short man again..You NEVER hear a women say I had a few bad experiences with tall men I'll never date them again..

Yep. There has to be some truth to this.

I'm 5' 3" by the afternoon evening (it's a thing. Trust me I know I'm taller in the morning).

So, pretty much everyone is 'tall' to me; 6' 4" is ginormous, 6' 2" is tall, 5'10" is tall 5' 7" is still tall to me. Because of my adorable shortness, short/tall doesn't register as much as others maybe?

I have never minded too much be shorter than other girls/women. I have always gotten quite a bit of attention for being short cute and feisty.

Bottom line (I think*), BIG things come in little packages.

Seriously. Look what happens when you split an Atom ;)

• Like 2
Well you should have said that in your previous post. Since you were making it seem like only the short guys were *******s that you dated like you were being biased.

Hey, first you moan because women won't date short guys. Then over and over again, when one says she did and does but that some were jerks, you gripe because they contradict your theory that short guys are nicer guys. Like you'd know that. How many short guys have you dated? Like you, a lot of short guys and other guys who have trouble getting laid get an extra chip on their shoulder. It's a fact. No one said "all." I said I knew some nice ones and one real jerk who I wasn't dating but just doing business with. But you only latch onto the negative and ignore the fact that the women who'd know whether they're jerks or not are the ones who were open to dating them. You can't have it both ways.