BF moving across the country....

veggirl

I guess at the end of the day, if a relationship continues in these kind of circumstances, it will come down to who is ready to sacrifice more. On the other hand, isn't relationship about 50-50 partnership?

• Like 1

I totally agree with kaylan here. Props to your bf for trying to think this type of thing through.

Also, I am sure LDR's are tough, but you often hear about how they can make or break a relationship. Between skype and frequent visits thanks to his higher income, perhaps you guys can do the LDR thing with a goal in mind, for example, you moving out there if you're still together in a year. That would at least allow the two of you to ease into this change.

Let him get settled and see if he misses you. If he does, you could always move there and find a housemate to live with if you don't want to live with him or if he thinks you will have to get engaged if you live together. Let him take the lead. It will be an adventure and take you out of your comfort zone, so it's a good thing.

• Like 6
Let him get settled and see if he misses you. If he does, you could always move there and find a housemate to live with if you don't want to live with him or if he thinks you will have to get engaged if you live together. Let him take the lead. It will be an adventure and take you out of your comfort zone, so it's a good thing.

great post......

• Author

Thanks FitChick. This is what the "middle ground" is and we will see how it goes. Freaks me out, a lot.

I totally agree with the other posters who said to live apart to see if your really need to be together. Long distance relationships can temporarely work, if you both realize you need to be together, and if he has the cash to fly you over or vise versa.

Letting him move for his big career move is obviously the best outcome for him, and since you love him your doing the RIGHT thing by supporting him and advocating this move.

Although it is scary and confusing for you, it is ultimately a test to see how strong your relationship really is; if your meant to be together, it will become apparant through talking to one another, and missing each other to the point where you would both be SO much happier together.

Mme. Chaucer

I hope that your talk was elucidating and positive for you, and that you stuck to your guns about getting answers that you needed to have.

Sometimes you have to let them go and see what happens. It's a tough decision to make and an even tougher position to be in.

I'm sorry you are going through this.