Looks are everything. (Amazing thread.)

miss_jaclynrae
Uh...of course, it's basic surface trait theory...what's your point...?

This.

That being said, what is wrong with sitting in between them both and just TALKING?

So much is focused on finding someone else, people forget that they are all still just PEOPLE. Sometimes it is nice to meet someone new and have an interesting conversation no matter what they look like.

I would wonder what the hell he was doing on the beach and boardwalk with a tux.

Perhaps it was Tuxedo Tuesday...?

That being said, what is wrong with sitting in between them both and just TALKING?

So much is focused on finding someone else, people forget that they are all still just PEOPLE. Sometimes it is nice to meet someone new and have an interesting conversation no matter what they look like.

Because a lot of men are often so desperate that this is all they can focus on...unfortunately, the conversation becomes nothing more than a means to an end...and if they don't believe the end is attainable, then they have no use for the means.

• Like 3
miss_jaclynrae
Because a lot of men are often so desperate that this is all they can focus on...unfortunately, the conversation becomes nothing more than a means to an end...and if they don't believe the end is attainable, then they have no use for the means.

It makes me sad. I love meeting new people just to meet new people.

For example. The other night when I went to my bar, I was waiting for the bartender to get my drink and saw this super nerdy guy [i dont like to lable, but he ended up being a tech, LOL] sitting there sipping a beer alone. I didn't think twice to start talking to him. Turned out he had just moved there and was trying to meet new people. I couldn't help but talk to him, and we had a fun conversation. He seemed awkward but I love making people feel more comfortable... Sometimes it is a nice break to just get to know someone new for the sake of getting to know someone new.

Agree or Die . No shaming tactics or personal attacks, this thread as nothing to do with my own looks. It´s about how people will judge you based on them.

Agree. You wear your inside on the outside

That's a good point.

If I saw a guy sitting in my neighborhood with a tuxedo on and he was (ahem) "handsome", my first thought would be:

"This guy is going to get robbed immediately....."

:lmao:

:laugh: this is true also. It's far safer to be ugly and scruffy in my neighbourhood :laugh:

I had a passing thought about this once, that I put on my "notes" on facebook. Allow me to share

-

"First Impressions

by Le-Roy Pierre-samuel on Monday, February 27, 2012 at 12:01pm ·

They say first impressions count. A primitive means of deducing a person's nature, their hobbies, their financial status. We are taught not to judge a book by it's cover, never to place too much emphasis on face value. A man can be dressed in full business attire, equipped with expensive jewellery and accessories, but sleep in his car. Another man can be dressed in cargo pants and a t-shirt, but earn a 6 figure salary. One of many naive deductions made on a daily basis, though these are trivial examples, deeper prejudice does exist in our society. I should be able to sport tattoos and piercings without being labelled as a delinquent or immature in the eyes of society, but it seems that I'm being too idealistic, but I can't understand the hypocrisy..."

todreaminblue
What if it was a beautiful woman wearing a tuxedo on one bench and a handsome man wearing a French maid outfit on the other? Which one would be the most popular?

the photographer taking the photos for the gay mardi gra artistic license...mmmmmmm

I had a passing thought about this once, that I put on my "notes" on facebook. Allow me to share

-

"First Impressions

by Le-Roy Pierre-samuel on Monday, February 27, 2012 at 12:01pm ·

They say first impressions count. A primitive means of deducing a person's nature, their hobbies, their financial status. We are taught not to judge a book by it's cover, never to place too much emphasis on face value. A man can be dressed in full business attire, equipped with expensive jewellery and accessories, but sleep in his car. Another man can be dressed in cargo pants and a t-shirt, but earn a 6 figure salary. One of many naive deductions made on a daily basis, though these are trivial examples, deeper prejudice does exist in our society. I should be able to sport tattoos and piercings without being labelled as a delinquent or immature in the eyes of society, but it seems that I'm being too idealistic, but I can't understand the hypocrisy..."

The highlighted examples would be very rare, except for the latter if you are in silicon valley which most of us in the world aren't.