Looks are everything. (Amazing thread.)

I've always used the term "Handsome Tuxedo-Wearing Bench Sitting Man Theory." Have I been wrong?

I think that term was also listed in the thesaurus...

RiverRunning

I think I have to be a freak on LoveShack.

1. I think Asian dudes are hot, hot, hot.

2. I don't mind, and even like, short men. Too tall (really, much over 6') is a turn-off to me in a big way. I'd sooner be with a guy at the lower end of five feet.

3. I actually think I would be more drawn to the 'ugly, fat guy' than the 'handsome' guy in the tuxedo.

4. I prefer guys who are slightly overweight to guys who are average or cut.

Part of it is probably upbringing: I was the ugly duckling all through school and now I'm somewhat-average as an adult. I always saw the good-looking guys as jerks. That's not true of every good-looking guy and often they were just playing a part, but it was often part of my experiences. Those were the guys who bullied me, spoke ill of me, etc.

Part of it is the assumption, "That hot guy will have loads of opportunities." I fully admit to thinking more critically of 'good-looking' guys: I'm more likely to think he's a cheater, a jerk, he's physically or emotionally abusive, etc.

Depending on HOW unattractive the other guy is - is he sitting with booze, covered in tattoos, smoking cigarettes or joints (I wouldn't approach in this case) - I may or may not approach him or see him more favorably.

The overweight, average or somewhat unattractive guy is probably going to get more looks from me than your Typical Mr. Dashing. Because, well...he's average. I'm more attracted to that.

ThaWholigan
And if you were a robber, you might make the snap judgement: "I think it would be more worth my while to mug this handsome tuxedo wearing guy rather than that fat disheveled slob."

But really, the tuxedo guy might be bereft of funds and the ugly man might have pockets full of gold doubloons.

So, once again, looks prove to be everything.

Unless … the tuxedo guy also had the $$.

Or what if neither of them had any - but at least tuxedo man had the garb. You could sell it, or return it to the rental place for the deposit refund, if worst came to worst. And then, he would be a naked handsome man sitting on a bench in your neighborhood.

Would you automatically think more highly of him than of a fat ugly Members Only wearing dude on a bench right across the street?

What do you think?

OMG.....too many perceptions.......so many possibilities........looks could mean everything and nothing all at the sam.....

I need to lie down, I have a migraine.....

/mindblown

• Like 1

What if the handsome man was dressed in dirty clothes and was clearly a homeless person, while the overweight man was clean and well-dressed? What would your perception of the two be then?

• Like 1
Mme. Chaucer

Joking aside, I don't think anyone is going to argue with you that good looking people are treated better than crappy looking people in general.

I want to live!!!!

• Like 2
  • Author
Necromancer
Now that I've disagreed in the "Amazing Thread," am I doomed to death?

Death or Exiled? :D

That's a good point.

If I saw a guy sitting in my neighborhood with a tuxedo on and he was (ahem) "handsome", my first thought would be:

"This guy is going to get robbed immediately....."

:lmao:

:lmao::lmao:

I'm not sure what would happen here. He might get a few Bond jokes, some funny looks. Or he might be run off by the sight of a skunk.

todreaminblue

when you build a sole to add to that heel in your shoe....thanks for removing that other quote....it is almost decent your new quote....deb

StrangeBehaviors
What if the handsome man was dressed in dirty clothes and was clearly a homeless person, while the overweight man was clean and well-dressed? What would your perception of the two be then?

Ok, what if two midgets (yeah, I said it) are sitting on different benches. Both dressed the same. But one is eating a cupcake. Who do you trust?

• Author
Necromancer
Well-dressed, good-looking men, can be douchebags, rapists, etc. just as easily as someone who looks more rough around the edges.

Yes, but who would be more likely be considered a rapist by society?. We know the answer.

Ok, what if two midgets (yeah, I said it) are sitting on different benches. Both dressed the same. But one is eating a cupcake. Who do you trust?

I see this thread heading in a very humorous direction.

fat women have boyfriends while good looking guys are virgins. women dont need looks nor personalities to get a guy. when will u learn?

I agree with this 100%. I've actually met guys my age (in their 20's) who are for all intents and purposes average or good looking, yet are still virgins.

Unless the girls a Jesus freak, you're not going to find an average or good looking woman in her 20's whose still a virgin. Hell I doubt you'll even find an ugly, fat one woman who is such. In fact, I bet by the time they're 23, they've had more than 2 long term relationships.

I have no 100% foolproof explanation for this complete unbalance. My view is that like other people say, there's maybe a 15% of men women are actually attracted to , and these guys get around. Even the ones who have relationships, have them for 6 months or a year at a time, then when they leave these women they jump on to another woman who was single while he was with the previous woman, etc etc.

In other words, women keep themselves single despite many good offers, waiting for one of the "elites" to throw them a bone (no pun) after things don't work out with their women.

I think I have to be a freak on LoveShack.

1. I think Asian dudes are hot, hot, hot.

You are a freak... :eek:

Mme. Chaucer
Yes, but who would be more likely be considered a rapist by society?. We know the answer.

Really and truly, I think handsome tuxedo wearing bench sitting guy has more "potential rapist" vibes than regular fat ugly slob bench sitting guy, where I live. Which is on a farm in a rural area, so the tuxedo would be a huge red flag ...

• Author
Necromancer
Really and truly, I think handsome tuxedo wearing bench sitting guy has more "potential rapist" vibes than regular fat ugly slob bench sitting guy, where I live. Which is on a farm in a rural area, so the tuxedo would be a huge red flag ...

Take the tuxedo away (average cloths), who is then more "potential rapist"?.

And if you were a robber, you might make the snap judgement: "I think it would be more worth my while to mug this handsome tuxedo wearing guy rather than that fat disheveled slob."

But really, the tuxedo guy might be bereft of funds and the ugly man might have pockets full of gold doubloons.

So, once again, looks prove to be everything.

Unless … the tuxedo guy also had the $$.

Or what if neither of them had any - but at least tuxedo man had the garb. You could sell it, or return it to the rental place for the deposit refund, if worst came to worst. And then, he would be a naked handsome man sitting on a bench in your neighborhood.

Would you automatically think more highly of him than of a fat ugly Members Only wearing dude on a bench right across the street?

What do you think?

This is funny. Dubloons!

Take the tuxedo away (average cloths), who is then more "potential rapist"?.

Take the bench away, too, but the fat guy doesn't move. Then who is it?

StrangeBehaviors

What if the midget with the cupcake falls down but there is no-one there to hear it.....does it make a sound? :laugh:

• Like 2
todreaminblue
What if the midget with the cupcake falls down but there is no-one there to hear it.....does it make a sound? :laugh:

But what does the wrapper on the cupcake think?

StrangeBehaviors
But what does the wrapper on the cupcake think?

Cupcake: "This lil' guy is creeeepy. I wish the other lil' guy was eating me..."

I just keep thinking of a midget in a Members Only jacket eating a cupcake beside a park bench falling down.

And my world is happy.

OP, I have the solution.

Everywhere you go, wear a tuxedo. Now, everybody will treat you well.

You laugh at him but its true. Generally society will view people in a certain way, which is why people with tattoos and piercings are stigmatized while men in suits are taken more seriously.

There is a reason this stereotype exists.

you didn't know this sxit?

I realized it when I was 3 years old.

Do you know even kids at kindergarten will listen better if the female teacher is Pretty???

If you are ugly, even kids won't like you.

todreaminblue
you didn't know this sxit?

I realized it when I was 3 years old.

Do you know even kids at kindergarten will listen better if the female teacher is Pretty???

If you are ugly, even kids won't like you.

ugly is in the eye of the beholder bud....kids would run from you...

Mme. Chaucer

What if it was a beautiful woman wearing a tuxedo on one bench and a handsome man wearing a French maid outfit on the other? Which one would be the most popular?

• Like 1