my fitness/weight loss thread

• Author
eleanorhurting

Yay I made it to 124 on my scale this morning!

Yesterday I cheated. I had mexican for lunch and it was amaziiing

but for dinner then I only had a salad to compensate for it

I am trying to include vegetables and fruits in my meals every single day

I am lagging behind on the working out though :(

And the bowel movements keep coming!

Psyllium fiber. A tablespoon of that mixed with milk and, if you're daring, a shot of high quality olive oil.

And whatever effect that might have on you, we don't need to know.

Psyllium fiber. A tablespoon of that mixed with milk and, if you're daring, a shot of high quality olive oil.

And whatever effect that might have on you, we don't need to know.

Oh, the things you know!

I am trying to include vegetables and fruits in my meals every single day

I am lagging behind on the working out though :(

And the bowel movements keep coming!

Yay for fruits and veggies!

Running has a laxative effect :eek:

• Like 1
  • Author
eleanorhurting

I have not weighed myself in over a week and I am a little scared.

I was on vacation with my family and although I do not feel I did any major cheating, I was not on my best behavior either. I did a lot of walking in the amusement parks I hope that counted for something.

I am now staying at my grandmothers home. It is not very fruit or veggie friendly so I am going to have to make a trip to the super tomorrow.

The good thing is that grandma is big on having light dinners, something that no one else in my life seems to believe in!

Tomorrow I start at the gym! It is part of my study-work out summer.

• Like 1

Consider weighing in once a month, in the week after your period ends. You'll get a better picture of actual weight, versus fluctuations in water retention, and won't need to suffer anxiety over a "bad" week.

• Author
eleanorhurting

I joined curves today. Has anyone ever used it? They weighed me though. 128. I wanted to cry.

She measured my fat percentage and it was 21% which she said was not too bad. My bmi is 21.3.

I paid extra to meet up with the trainer every monday to have her weigh me and discuss my "progress". They also gave me access to some menu planning thing online.

I joined curves today. Has anyone ever used it? They weighed me though. 128. I wanted to cry.

She measured my fat percentage and it was 21% which she said was not too bad. My bmi is 21.3.

I paid extra to meet up with the trainer every monday to have her weigh me and discuss my "progress". They also gave me access to some menu planning thing online.

I used curves a few years ago and had a positive experience there - the trainer I used was MUCH better than the trainer I tried at my local YWCA. I felt like CURVES really monitors each client's progress whereas if you have a gym membership you're pretty much on your own trying to figure everything out and I didn't like my gym trainer because she was really hard to get in touch with.

RE nutrition: discuss your nutritional changes with a nutritionist. If you add more fiber to your diet, for example, you need to do that slowly. Too much fiber too soon will constipate you and give you the worst gas you can imagine. Without extra water in addition to extra fiber you just create an intestinal dam of sorts (this was explained to me by my doctor). There are two kinds of fiber as you know, soluble and nonsoluble. Just make sure you confer with a nutritionist before you make radical dietary changes. You want to be safe about it.

Stick with CURVES and see how it goes. If you don't like it, try a gym instead.

Edited by writergal

Congrats on joining Curves!

And Eleanor, congrats on starting out from a healthy point. Your BMI and fat percentage are already healthy. It can only get better from here, right? Enjoy your body as it is, the strength and endurance you already have and build on that. Fight the urge to constantly put yourself down. You're already doing good.

I just tested a recipe for American's Test Kitchen website. It is great, light summer fare and very filling. No exact measurements needed as you can go by your own preferences:

orange segments

grapefruit segments

finely chopped shallots or red onions

slivered almonds

chopped dates

shredded radicchio

salt and pepper

The dressing is a basic vinaigrette, using a little of the juice from the oranges, plus olive oil and Dijon mustard.

• Like 2
  • Author
eleanorhurting

I finished my first week at curves! yay

• Like 1
  • Author
eleanorhurting

So today is Day 1 of their curves complete program where I am supposed to follow the menu they give me (although I plan on altering it, for the better). I have to meet with my coach at 5 pm.

Breakfast:

A fiber one bar

Integral Toast with peanut butter

Water and Tea

Snack:

low fat string cheese

Lunch:

Codfish with potatos and Spinach salad

Grapes for Desert

Dinner:

I plan on having a lean cusine with spinach on the side.

WO: I am going to do the curves rutine today after i meet with my trainer.

Well, back to the books!

the codfish was not on the menu. I added it because I love fish and I was not going to turn down my mom's codfish.

• Author
eleanorhurting

Today:

Breakfast:

1 slice of integral bread with peanut butter

1 piece of string cheese

snack:

1 piece of babybel cheese and a glass of milk

lunch:

a veggie burger (super tasty) from some brand named morning farm

spinach on the side

a banana

snack:

Grapes

Dinner:

Another veggie burger. It was just too good.

• Like 1
Today:

Breakfast:

Ever tried differential bread?

• Like 1
  • Author
eleanorhurting
just curious, do you count calories using an excel spreadsheet?

no... why? Should I? That sounds like a lot of work.

I have an app on my phone. But I am really following the menu that the people at curves gave me. She told me it was based on 1,200 calories and that after 2 weeks they raise it to 1,500.

I am also working on eating healthier.

Fruits and veggies everyday.

• Author
eleanorhurting
Ever tried differential bread?

no. what is it?

no. what is it?

It's better for weightloss. You can use it to solve for the minimum weight. Just find where the differential bread goes to zero.

• Author
eleanorhurting
It's better for weightloss. You can use it to solve for the minimum weight. Just find where the differential bread goes to zero.

and I was going to say that for a robot you were pretty helpful...

• Like 1
futuregopher
no... why? Should I? That sounds like a lot of work.

I have an app on my phone. But I am really following the menu that the people at curves gave me. She told me it was based on 1,200 calories and that after 2 weeks they raise it to 1,500.

I am also working on eating healthier.

Fruits and veggies everyday.

idk if you should. It's definitely not for everyone. I have an excel spreadsheet of all my 6 meals on one sheet so it prevents me from overeating at one meal when I can see that I have another meal coming up in 2.5 hrs. I just like seeing the breakup of protein/carb/fat in grams and calories that I take in per day. Like my daily consumption is at about 330g protein, 165g carb and 64g carbs for a total of ~2700 calories including 615 fat calories right now. Honestly, the only reason I do it is just so I stay disciplined.

• Author
eleanorhurting
idk if you should. It's definitely not for everyone. I have an excel spreadsheet of all my 6 meals on one sheet so it prevents me from overeating at one meal when I can see that I have another meal coming up in 2.5 hrs. I just like seeing the breakup of protein/carb/fat in grams and calories that I take in per day. Like my daily consumption is at about 330g protein, 165g carb and 64g carbs for a total of ~2700 calories including 615 fat calories right now. Honestly, the only reason I do it is just so I stay disciplined.

no that is way too OCD for me

but it seems to be working for you! Nice abs!

Keep it up!

OP - 126 lbs at 5 ' 5 is thin, on a medium frame. Only about 5% of women are healthy at 115 lbs and 5 ' 5. Very small framed women.

Oh well, if you can maintain 115 without starving yourself, moer power to you!

- I am 130 lbs

- 5 '5

- goal is : 120 lbs. That is very thin for my medium and curvy build.

I am going to write my food journal from tomorrow I cannot wait I am SO motivated.

Todays exercise: I am about to go for a jog, and do some ab work later on.

Today:

Breakfast:

1 piece of string cheese

snack:

1 piece of babybel cheese and a glass of milk

lunch:

a veggie burger (super tasty) from some brand named morning farm

spinach on the side

a banana

snack:

Grapes

Dinner:

Another veggie burger. It was just too good.

I LOVE babybel cheese!!!!!!!!! I had it as a kid and it is such a fun, child like thing to eat haha, unwrapping the wax is half the fun:)

I am worried about you though, 115 is very thin for a normal build, I had an eating disorder when I was that thin. I did not starve myself, I ate 2000 on that weight with exercise, but I believe more weight is healthier.

i want to be able to eat 2000 calories with exercise to maintain 120 lbs.

I MISS being thiin and fit:( I am so happy about this thread!!! It will really help motivated me to have another girl who is my height, and was a similar weight to me!

Consider weighing in once a month, in the week after your period ends. You'll get a better picture of actual weight, versus fluctuations in water retention, and won't need to suffer anxiety over a "bad" week.

Hey, I sucessfully lost weight from 126 down to 115 last year - I just did extra exercise.

One thing I made the mistake of, is - weighing myself too often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it does NOT help....

I recommend once a week weighing. It keeps you on track, but without being obsessive.

Daily weighing is torture, you end up bummed if you gain a lb, which happens through water weight, and the poo you did not do....:sick: