who will you worship God or Satan?

pureinheart
Are you sure? I was just thinking about your stance on some other issues.

Tell me what are those stances:)

And likewise :)

It's not a scare tactic, it's as much part of the Bible as anything else in the Bible. Prophecy is a large part of Jesus ministry in the Bible, so to take the parts you like and ignore the rest is not wise IMO. Have you ever read the Book of Revelations?

yes, it is. Pure and simple. "If you don't do this, then that is going to happen" ... also why I have a problem with the much of the "born-again" mentality. Not the part where someone genuinely tries to introduce you to Christ so that you live what he practiced and encourages you to strengthen your relationship with God, but the other part, the one that looks down its nose at others who aren't "saved" because they don't mimic what some group is trying to sell. The only one who can determined if you're saved is God himself ... it's a wild guess for anyone else.

have I read Revelations? No, because I don't believe in using negative publicity to "get me to God" ... I read St. Paul, who, after nearly 2000 years, still writes as though a breath of fresh air has entered the room. Dude was a love-monger, an unbeliever who embraced what Christ taught to a point where he made it his mission to spread the Good News.

I perceive the whole end-time thing to be much like negative publicity used by modern media to pitch stories. If it bleeds, it ledes! Give us your dirty laundry! Focus on the seamy side, people love that crap and it'll drive up ratings!

the Gospel shouldn't be given that kind of slant, because while God stands in judgment of us, he also is very much about love and forgiveness. If you want a good pitch about God to "sell" people, focus on the positive, the stuff that they yearn for more deeply (love, forgiveness, loyalty) than they do the stuff that only appeals to a more base nature.

besides, God deserves way more than a scare-tactic "campaign" to bring people to him, don't you think?

pureinheart

Personally, my intent is never to "sell" God to anyone because I don't think God is for sale. I've never been real good concerning evangelising, so I just pray for others salvations. On several occasions throughout my life the Holy Spirit has prompted me to speak the message of salvation, and at that point I know I better, although ultimately that's God job, not mine.

I do talk about God and the things that concern Him and His Word because He's the reason I exist, I think about Him 24/7, He's the savior of my soul.

I think that all parts of the Bible are capable of bringing others to Christ, and think that if we keep in mind that it is not us, but Him, all will be well. Love has many forms.

Like you, I tend to lean towards those like Joel Osteen, who send that message of love and forgiveness, although only God knows the heart of a man, and I have to trust Him concerning anothers salvation.

My intent in this thread was to follow the flow of the discussion, and was never intended in the evangelistic sense to scare or hurt anyone, my sincerest apologies:)

god, yaweh, whatever you wanna call him...

a) old creeper

b) lots of preaching and judging but never really does much about anything

c) claims a lot of mystical power that never gets exercised

this guy is your stereotypical loud mouthed whiney conservative. if born today, would probably die a virgin after lots of moaning and groaning on LS, all the while claiming how he's right and everyone else is wrong.

satan, beelzebub, whatever you wanna call him...

a) skills with the ladies, even by god's account

b) supposedly gets people to do things they don't wanna do

c) represents knowledge and other such things, suggests good conversationalist

d) gets bad boy rap from god people

this guy is a winner. would make a good wing man, and be generally well liked in this day and age.

• Like 2

only looks like a winner because the only thing he cares about is damnation of your soul. Besides, since he's a fallen angel, God outranks him, so no score for the guy with the cloven hooves for feet!

seriously, though, don't you ever wonder if there's more to life than what's before us/what we see? That as fun or as troublesome as things get, there's something more that we're missing?

Personally, my intent is never to "sell" God to anyone because I don't think God is for sale. I've never been real good concerning evangelising, so I just pray for others salvations. On several occasions throughout my life the Holy Spirit has prompted me to speak the message of salvation, and at that point I know I better, although ultimately that's God job, not mine.

Very true. My take is what St. Francis taught: "Preach the Gospel. Use words if necessary." Because people tend to turn a deaf ear to those things they don't agree with or find value in, but it's hard to ignore action :cool::cool::cool:

• Author
black_shemer

,the question is 'when will it happen!' only God knows. but evrythng must happen just like when jesus must face the cross so dat we will be saved.

what about d rapture guys?how will it happen?i seem not to understand the verses in bible reagrding this.thanks in advance

,what do u mean by that?

God and Satan are, in my view, mythical figures that represent the spiritual and the more base sides of human nature. God being all things kind, spiritual and clean...Satan representing the more animalistic, hedonistic side commonly termed as sinful by organised religion.

I see human beings as a bit of both. There are things we aspire to in order to be better, more enlightened beings. The Godly things. Then there is an animalistic side that is part of us...and of which we should not be unduly ashamed.

• Like 1
  • Author
black_shemer

,i respect your beliefs but if God and Satan were not real and only just myth,how could u explain the things that are evidences of their existence(noah's arc,the bible,miracles,people,animals who created them?what about us? what about the war,hunger and disasters that happen now?as they were bound to happen based from the bible.i really respect ur beliefsbut as for me,i just wnt u to share the light dat i got just so u know.for when Jesus christ comes here on earth,no one will going to be save by others but only yourself.

50% of all psychologists believe in God. ;) 51% of all scientists believe in God or a higher power.

Hahaha would love to see the study on this! Maybe in the US (doubt it) but it's definitely not true for the rest of the Western World

• Like 1
God and Satan are, in my view, mythical figures that represent the spiritual and the more base sides of human nature. God being all things kind, spiritual and clean...Satan representing the more animalistic, hedonistic side commonly termed as sinful by organised religion.

I see human beings as a bit of both. There are things we aspire to in order to be better, more enlightened beings. The Godly things. Then there is an animalistic side that is part of us...and of which we should not be unduly ashamed.

* tumble weed *

you will never get a response to this :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Author
black_shemer

,i respect your beliefs taramere. but how can u explain the evidences that God and Satan leave to us? The noah's arc which was found,the bible,the miracles that happen,the salt man which was became salt when he look back on the burning sodom and gomora.

i hope u understnd wat im trying to say.

• Author
black_shemer

,anyways have you guys talk about illuminatic people?my professor told us that the pyramids were made by them since it is impossible for a human beings to build them.

Gulf-Delta
,as we all know.we are aware dat we are now on the last days here on earth.as it was written in bible,many false prophets will come and deceives many people to worship satan.from dat time, 666 mark will come and those who refuse to have it cannot buy even sell food,clothes,basc needs dat will lead for him/her to die. Those who have the mark of the beast will be proud they have d mark and dey can buy and sell anything they want.

im afraid to come in this kind of situation.what if time comes, that satan will come and deceive you,what will u do?will u save your body from hunger and death on earth or save your soul to gain the God's promise to us eternal life.

Did you know the antichrist isn't even in the Bible?

Did you know Satan isn't real?

black_shemer the Bible is a cobbled book of stories and politics from a piece of history. That you take it literally concerns me. Satan is a social construct of what is defined as evil. A figure head but not a real figure.

Edited by writergal
black_shemer the Bible is a cobbled book of stories and politics from a piece of history. That you take it literally concerns me. Satan is a social construct of what is defined as evil. A figure head but not a real figure.

What you are saying denies the fact that we live in a world of at least 10 dimensions, only 3 of which we can see. Ask for wisdom from God because these things cannot be received from man.

Did you know the antichrist isn't even in the Bible?

Did you know Satan isn't real?

The "spirit of Antichrist" is in the Bible, who will be personified in the one called "the man of lawlessness". So, yes, the Antichrist is in the Bible.

Satan isn't real because you can't see him? Well then the 10 dimensions identified by physicists aren't real, either, because you can't see them.

• Like 1
,i respect your beliefs taramere. but how can u explain the evidences that God and Satan leave to us? The noah's arc which was found,the bible,the miracles that happen,the salt man which was became salt when he look back on the burning sodom and gomora.

i hope u understnd wat im trying to say.

I don't have the answers to how ancient writings came to be, and it would be wrong for me to pretend I'm a scholar of theology. My thing, that I like to read about in depth, is psychology. I think that biblical teachings were an early form of psychology. A way of helping people to understand human nature, our weaknesses and the ways in which we self sabotage.

Much of what we learn through study of human beings is quite compatible with religious teachings....but without the magical element or threats of burning for eternity in hellfire/having a blissful afterlife present.

My view about Jesus isn't based on anything but my own speculation. I speculate that he was somebody who was determined to address the brutality of the day, that was justified on the grounds of the Old Testament. He couldn't actively depart from the Old Testament, but he sought new ways of interpreting it. A bringer of enlightenment who was prepared to sacrifice himself to that end.

Maybe one could define a cultural Christian (which is how I tend to see myself as) as somebody who doesn't believe in the magical elements of Christianity (and other biblical teachings), but who regards them as a philosophy...and who believes that there was a man called Jesus who was prepared to sacrifice himself for the sake of bringing a new, more enlightened philosophy to counter the brutality and harshess of the prevailing one of the time. A time when humanity's knowledge of science was so limited and magical explanations for various natural phenomena were readily accepted.

However, that is just my opinion. It's not for me to say there is or isn't a deity in the sky watching over us - and a demon waiting for us below if we mess up. I tend to base my beliefs on balance of probabilities based on the information available. I do think that most human beings have an inherent sense of right and wrong that's based on being possession of empathy and a conscience. That we project those things onto this external, supernatural deity we call God.

Unfortunately over the years some other less positive human feelings/traits have been projected onto the God figure (including hunger for revenge, hatred of some groups who we don't understand or mesh well with, the desire to control others etc) and used as an excuse for various atrocities.

Gulf-Delta
The "spirit of Antichrist" is in the Bible, who will be personified in the one called "the man of lawlessness". So, yes, the Antichrist is in the Bible.

Satan isn't real because you can't see him? Well then the 10 dimensions identified by physicists aren't real, either, because you can't see them.

No it isn't. No where in the Bible is the word Anti-Christ even used. I tend to think if God is trying to warn people of such things, he'd be a lot more specific than giving vague descriptions that can be applied to almost every political leader and political actions.

And Satan isn't real because there's no evidence or mathematics formula to suggest his existence. There is no evidence AT ALL. Things that exist can 99% of the time, be witness or perceived by human senses. If it can't be seen or sensed, then there is a mathematical equation/formula/algorithm to support it, for example, multiple dimensions. "Satan" cannot be sensed or seen in anyway, nor is there math to prove his existence.

• Author
black_shemer

,if you dont mind please take a time to read the last chapter whch is apocalipse in d bible.there u will see d false prophets being discussed.and actually,false prophets will look as if they are d real religion of Jesus christ.many will arise and now here on earth they were real.like hell is real,like God is real.like Satan is real.

I just did not read the stories n d bible.of course i take search of dey really exist.and they were.the noah's arc was now can b found n d vatican city,even d salt man somewhre in europe part.

i hope guys were having a peaceful discussion here.

just please take a time to read the bible.thank u guys for ur time!

Ross MwcFan
What you are saying denies the fact that we live in a world of at least 10 dimensions, only 3 of which we can see. Ask for wisdom from God because these things cannot be received from man.

For most people, if they ask god something, they wont get an answer.

• Author
black_shemer

why thank u for ur concern there.i believe u had this 'to see is to believe' now may i ask u a question,do you believe that your mother is really the one who gave birth to you? did u see it?

same question with do you believe that what was written in the bible did happen,happening and going to happen?did you observe this?