Why Don't Some Women At Work Look At Me?

• Author

Yesterday me and the woman (who blatantly looks away when we pass) passed by each other and she looked straight ahead!!! No turning her eyes or head away like she always does. Maybe she is starting to get soft. Lol!

Later that day we passed again and without thinking, I turned my head away from her. I think I was afraid of looking and possibly seeing her look away and then feeling bad at losing the progress we just made. Lol. Either that or I felt this was a big step for her that I didn't want to push it. Lol!

In reality, she probably didn't even notice me but I just wanted to have some fun posting an update on this thread.

It's just borderline rude. But I wouldn't worry about it. It has more to do with them than it does with you. More than likely, it's all them. It happens to me all the time and for awhile, yeah, it bothered me. Then I just said, 'F*ck it.' And it doesn't bother me so much anymore. Hope this helped :)

Get an app for your phone that makes farting noises. Start with the volume super low... barely perceptable... Hit the button when you walk past them every time. Slowly increase the volume.

• Like 1
  • Author
It's just borderline rude. But I wouldn't worry about it. It has more to do with them than it does with you. More than likely, it's all them. It happens to me all the time and for awhile, yeah, it bothered me. Then I just said, 'F*ck it.' And it doesn't bother me so much anymore. Hope this helped :)

Thanks Outlaw. It never really bothered me. I just thought it was pretty strange behavior to obviously look away when we pass, so I started this thread thinking I would get some answers from women as to why they do that.

I don't worry about it at all. I did come to the conclusion that whatever it is, it is their problem and their issue to deal with.

• Author
It's a put-down: "See how I don't even acknowledge your existence"?

But they can do that just by looking straight ahead. That's what everyone else does and that's what I do. What they are doing is acknowledging my existence by looking away. I am there so they have to look away. My existence is what is making tbem look away.

Frank, I have some insights from the service industry for you to consider that are examples of the same thing, where it is really destructive to the business.

In a fast food place the structure of the employee's job forces him to face the customer. The ONLY thing he does is push buttons on a register. He has to face the customer in order to do that. The rule for McDonald's and the others is to first greet the customer: "Welcome to McDonald's, can I take your order please..."

If you watch employees, you will find people that make it a practice to have their back turned on customers when they arrive at their station. When a customer comes through the door they will quickly find something to do that has nothing to do with their job, and a classic is turning around to the cooks and having a conversation with them. Because that appears legitimate. So what they greet you with is their back. To snub you. See how unimportant you are? The ideal wait-time before facing you is when another customer arrives behind you. Now they have a line, so they need to skip the greeting, and they say something nasty like "what do you want?" in a gruff voice.

Despite the workplace being set up so that they have to face you to do their job, they position themselves so that you have to jump up and down and make a scene to get their attention. Look at how the truth is so opposite to the illusion they are trying to create: you are actually extremely important to them. Putting you down, making you wait, turning their back on you - this is all very important to them.

A borderline retarded person can do their job correctly and will be better for business than one of these malicious creeps. The entire idea of fast food is not having to wait. These disordered people do the opposite: they make you wait on them, and it is really easy to put a frown on a person who is hungry. Customers enter with a smile, and quickly they have a frown because they are hungry and the person whose job it is to get them food fast is ignoring them. When he sees the frown, he has won. He made you feel bad.

Same with these girls. They think they are putting you down, but by doing that they are actually demonstrating how important you are to them.

You spent 3 paragraphs talking about how dumb fast food workers are, that they make you feel small and get in a quip that a retarded person could do their job. I'm sure you could.

I worked at McDonald's all through high school and I am proud that I did. It was a great experience and I regret nothing. Most of my customers were nice and wonderful and I treated them as such. I would say 90% were great but I dealt with people like you on occasion. Entitled pricks who thought they were "big" guys by mocking those of us who worked in the fast food industry to pay our way. A bunch of *******s who somehow thought they were better because they either chose not to work or couldn't work because they were too stupid but they sure made fun of those of us who bothered to care about our future.

I can simply say this about much of your rant, get over your self. People who work in the fast food industry are hard workers and some of the lowest paid. They aren't there to ask you about your day or tell you how great you are. Did you ever bother to ask about THEIR day or was it all about you and your "level" of service. Also, it is called fast food, not instant food you pretentious prick.

goodthingscome

Not to flog a dead horse, but since you refuse to ask why women A & B blatantly cut you we can only speculate as to the reasons.. My guess is maybe you got the "job" that either their friend had and lost or applied for and didn't get.

or

Maybe you got the job "they" wanted?

I would have to ask, but that's a woman for you, we just have to know!!!!! lol

• Like 1
NoMagicBullet
Not to flog a dead horse, but since you refuse to ask why women A & B blatantly cut you we can only speculate as to the reasons.. My guess is maybe you got the "job" that either their friend had and lost or applied for and didn't get.

or

I would have to ask, but that's a woman for you, we just have to know!!!!! lol

This is my thought. I'm betting it has to do with office politics you're unaware of, not male-female or ego stuff.

At one of my previous jobs, I had a coworker who totally ignored me. He wasn't a friendly with most people to begin with, but I found out that he was good friends with someone who had been in the running for the position I got. I think that was the root of his lack of recognition, but I never talked with him about it. We merely went on not talking if we didn't have to for work purposes.

So I bet that you getting hired is related to these women or someone they know not getting the job or promoted or something. It may be kind of stupid to ignore you, since it's not your fault, but loyalty to certain people can promote rude behaviour in some.

• Author
My guess is maybe you got the "job" that either their friend had and lost or applied for and didn't get.

or

Nope, the job I have is very male dominated job and these women aren't the type to do that. Trust me on this.

I have noticed lately that a number of the other women (not the ones who ignore me) have been getting flirty with me (I have actually been shocked by some of the things they have said to me), touching me, and a couple have been hugging me. Odd, it took like 6 months and now suddenly I seem to be getting all this attention.