Not sure about my method

Titania22

• Author
Titania22
But then you're saying you're not willing to wait for a guy, while that guy might be working his ass off trying to do everything in his power to be with you and you'd perhaps wouldn't even know he's doing/planning that.

So again, who then has the lower interest level? I know examples of women that have been sleeping with other guys within WEEKS after they come onto a guy they had a connection with. But when those women do that, then they destroy the connection they had with the guy that due to circumstances might not have been able to (fully) reciprocate immediately, but intended to go for her. And as a man you're then supposed to switch priorities for women like that? I'd be willing to switch priorities, but when you're seeing that as a man, that doesn't exactly convince you of her interest levels.

Is that love? I don't think so.

If he is keeping his interest level to himself, after the girl has approached and he was in the wrong place to reciprocate. How is she supposed to know, that she is still in the zone for something to happen? How long is she supposed to wait, just in case, when from her perspective he just isn't interested.

I get where redrobin is coming from. Especially in circumstances where we weren't really sure about the guy, but we were willing to give him a try and see where is led, so we approached, and upon feeling rejected just decided that we weren't really sure, anyway and it's just as well he isn't interested.

Because that's how I feel towards maths guy. Since he didn't get the hint at the time, I have had more time to critically assess him, and I don't think I could be interested. I would need cupids arrow to hit me, to take a chance with him, even if he turned around now and asked me out.

• Author
Titania22
Then perhaps you should consider different type of guys rather than young geeky guys. This might sound blunt, but there are young guys out there that would be willing to f*ck a MILF. However I'm not sure young geeky guys are the right "target audience" for that.

It's very hard to explain myself with words, it's more about subtleties. I don't need forever, but I would like to be with someone that i felt something for, even if that feeling is just primal desire.

It is not flattering or satisfying to be with some guy who doesn't give a crap, it's like being on a conveyor belt of women and you are just the next one in the line. It doesn't mean I need some guy to see me as the perfect woman and want to spend his life with me either.

And I am not specifically going after 18yr olds either, yes the lab guy is young, but other guys I have approached have been at least in the 20's and possibly 30.

BTW something i thought was nice and friendly, was the other day when i had lab the lab guy asked how my SC2 was going, completely unprompted. For anyone interested I made it into the Gold League in 1v1 last sunday. Yay!

• Author
Titania22

So as a man you're then between a rock and a hard place.

I agree, I often feel like that too.

It would be much easier to live without these physical urges. I also hate being teased if there isn't going to be a release.

So the idea of flirting with someone for months, in the hope of something happening one day seems torturous to me.

BTW when I see someone at uni that i don't know, but would consider approaching I have generally assessed their age to be around grad school age. I am generally purposely not going after 18-20yr olds. Lab guy is an exception, being as i have to work with him, which sometimes requires close physical proximity and even direct eye contact. For someone who isn't getting laid regularly, that is pretty much all the foreplay i need.:o

• Author
Titania22

Once you hit Diamond League perhaps he'll start being impressed.

Just kidding T. ;):p

Don't be mean, it has taken me a year to get to gold, and i am not convinced I won't get demoted.

He did congratulate me. But being an engineering student, the first time we talked SC2 he said it's boring, you just write some code to automate things like the queen larva injects, and the only thing you need to do is micro your army. Seriously engineers see the world differently from the rest of us.

But then you're saying you're not willing to wait for a guy, while that guy might be working his ass off trying to do everything in his power to be with you and you'd perhaps wouldn't even know he's doing/planning that.

I'm not a mind reader. Not sure what you mean by 'wait'. I'm not a multidater, I don't do NSA sex, flings, or FWB... so I only approach men I'm sincerely interested in having a relationship with.

So again, who then has the lower interest level? I know examples of women that have been sleeping with other guys within WEEKS after they come onto a guy they had a connection with. But when those women do that, then they destroy the connection they had with the guy that due to circumstances might not have been able to (fully) reciprocate immediately, but intended to go for her. And as a man you're then supposed to switch priorities for women like that? I'd be willing to switch priorities, but when you're seeing that as a man, that doesn't exactly convince you of her interest levels.

Is that love? I don't think so.

I'm not the woman you describe above, but yea, that seems to be the popular dating culture these days.

My observation is that the 'excuse' the guy gave is a convenient blow off, and I'm his backup plan if he strikes out with girls #1, 2, or 3. That's what I'm not playing. Backup plan. Or harem girl.

I also don't toss people to the curb. If the guy was sincerely trying to put his life together, I'd see that. But these guys didn't do that. They gave their lame excuse and went on their way... for the most part. If they call me back in 6 months, I won't be calling them back. What kind of message does that send? Like I'm some sad puppy dog waiting for them to pull their heads out of their backside? Naah.

Feelsgoodman
Australia is a strange place if you aren't getting hit on. If those pics are recent. Women who look ¼ as good get hit on once a day over here.

If "over here" is in America, I'm not surprised. Anything that has a vagina and weighs less than 400 lbs gets hit on in America.

• Author
Titania22
I wasn't trying to mean T, just playfully teasing you.

Writing a bot to control units is cheating though. Blizzard can pick up on that, that would be an instant ban.

He has questionable ethics. :p:laugh:

That's what I thought at the time.

Maybe he is just too clever for his own good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Author
Titania22
If "over here" is in America, I'm not surprised. Anything that has a vagina and weighs less than 400 lbs gets hit on in America.

Too funny. :( I need more money so I can fly over. (I discovered flights alone just to LA start at $1800)

NeverDated

Hey now, the standards in my neck of the woods are 250 pounds tops. Bonus points if you have all your (visible) teeth.

Professor X
Don't be mean, it has taken me a year to get to gold, and i am not convinced I won't get demoted.

He did congratulate me. But being an engineering student, the first time we talked SC2 he said it's boring, you just write some code to automate things like the queen larva injects, and the only thing you need to do is micro your army. Seriously engineers see the world differently from the rest of us.

Of course it's boring when you plan ahead some garbage script to cheat with. He ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Author
Titania22
Of course it's boring when you plan ahead some garbage script to cheat with. He ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

I think he is more interested in his own cleverness, than gaming per se.

• Author
Titania22
Hey now, the standards in my neck of the woods are 250 pounds tops. Bonus points if you have all your (visible) teeth.

A real high quality neighborhood no doubt. :rolleyes:

They're both exaggerating. Although I do love the continued stance by certain men on here, that overweight people don't deserve anything but mockery.

Titania, I received messages from 18 - 22 year olds, when I was on OKCupid. It disturbed me, because I was mostly hearing from men outside of my specified age range, on either side of it (up to 53 year old men who were ignoring women their own age). Have you tried that site? I didn't like the idea that they were seeing me as a potential Mrs. Robinson.

• Like 1
  • Author
Titania22
If he thinks the game is boring, because you can write a bot to automate tasks, then he's doing it wrong. If you want to have fun you're supposed to play it, not automate it, but perhaps he was trying to impress you by saying that. <('.')>

I do like a man is smart enough to do thing beyond me, that is for sure.

But when it comes to SC2 I would rather just play it, in my own limited way.

• Author
Titania22
They're both exaggerating. Although I do love the continued stance by certain men on here, that overweight people don't deserve anything but mockery.

Titania, I received messages from 18 - 22 year olds, when I was on OKCupid. It disturbed me, because I was mostly hearing from men outside of my specified age range, on either side of it (up to 53 year old men who were ignoring women their own age). Have you tried that site? I didn't like the idea that they were seeing me as a potential Mrs. Robinson.

I am on okcupid, that's where I am getting contacted by the married men.

I am on okcupid, that's where I am getting contacted by the married men.

I don't remember seeing anything about that. :)

• Author
Titania22
I don't remember seeing anything about that. :)

I didn't mention okcupid in this thread sorry, because the thread isn't about online dating.

But that is in fact where i am getting contacted by married men, of all ages.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong though, I'm just trying to give my perspective in order to see how women view these things. That being said I certainly don't hold a harem or see certain women as backup plans. I tend to focus on one woman at a time, beyond her there's nothing else, because I'm a one woman type of guy.

I appreciate the insight. Sincerely.

To get back to the OP...

I had a guy who felt like was hovering... flirting, etc. After asking him for outings a couple of times and him saying he was busy (but he was still turning on the charm and flirting... just pushing off on the outings)... I finally just came out and said I was attracted to him.

He then told me he had a GF. The flirting stopped. So did my interest. Not only that, my impression of his character took a big nose dive and he got pushed off the plate for good.

Then he broke up with his GF a couple of months later and wanted to give it a shot with me.

Nothing screams rebound/backup plan like that did. Yuck.

What is the point with my story?? You might just tell him you are attracted to him and see what happens. Either way, you'll get some clarity.

• Author
Titania22

What is the point with my story?? You might just tell him you are attracted to him and see what happens. Either way, you'll get some clarity.

Exactly that is what I was originally considering.

Exactly that is what I was originally considering.

Couldn't hurt. And since there seems to be low consequences for 'rejection', maybe, yea... go ahead and fish this one out.

Titania, wouldn't it be more productive to see if there were any university staff, instructors or mature students who might be more receptive to your overtures?

¯\_()_/¯

What is that?? ツ no really, where does that ツ thing come from??? Not on my keyboard!!

• Author
Titania22
Titania, wouldn't it be more productive to see if there were any university staff, instructors or mature students who might be more receptive to your overtures?

Ok well when I posted here last semester about wanting to ask out one of the grad school lecturers or tutors, people on ls said "don't, it's against the rules"

How am I supposed to meet staff that aren't directly related to my field of study? I agree that grad students look much more appealing to me, but I don't know how to go about meeting them.

And actually math guy is a mature age student.

What is that?? ツ no really, where does that ツ thing come from??? Not on my keyboard!!

I cheated, my keyboard doesn't either. I suspect korean keyboards do. I googled 'sup son' and then copy and pasted it in. It was first used by SeleCT when he won games in SC2.

Ok well when I posted here last semester about wanting to ask out one of the grad school lecturers or tutors, people on ls said "don't, it's against the rules"

Not one of your own tutors or lecturers but some who work at the university. You go to the bookstore, cafeteria and sit on a bench on campus, etc.