For those who think Jesus is a myth...

Hello Josie,

I liked your post because even though I don't agree with everything you believe (for example, I do believe Jesus' actions are true, not mythical), I do respect and understand what you believe concerning Jesus. Thanks so much for sharing!

I understand as well about how what your church taught you made you scared as a child and sad as you grew. One of my questions is concerning the idea of hell. It seems that hell has a different meaning in Jewish beliefs than it does in Greco-Roman Gentile beliefs. For example, in the Jewish Tanakh, hell being an eternal torture chamber is not taught, as far as I know. So, sometimes I wonder what is the deal here about that issue.

However, regardless of which view of hell is correct, I personally believe that God is good and just, even when I cannot see it. I liken our difference from God to be similar to the differences between a grasshopper to a human being. God sees the whole picture, whereas we are limited.

However, I understand if you do not believe in God or are agnostic. It would most definitely help if God showed himself to everybody. However, if He did so, there would be no need for faith. It seems that faith is a part of what God wants from people at the moment. I am glad there is freedom of religion in many countries. It is the right of every person to decide whether to believe in God or not.

Because Jesus, was a better figure/a better gamble for proproganda, brainwash and belief, then the Greek Gods. Santa Clause is a close second.

There were times when he even told the recipients of his healing to NOT tell anyone what happened when they went back into town. Isn't that strange? Why wouldn't Jesus make a huge public display of everything he did?

Because that was tangential to his business here. According to the Bible God has a legal case going on with the Universe as witness, over the question of whether the creator has an intrinsic right to rule the things created. The case was raised by a rebel and is still being heard.