Why do the hot women chase after the bad boy?

singlelife

PlumPrincess
Why do all guys chase after the hot girl even if she's not as nice or smart as the uglier girl?

There, answer your own question, cause it's pretty much the same reply.

True, isn't it? Their own shallowness causes these guys to focus on the pretty girl, but then they have the gall to complain when these girls prefer other guys for maybe similar reasons.

• Like 2
I, and others, were saying that two years ago, and it's always the same response: they chase what they're attracted to, and shouldn't be expected to lower their standards. :rolleyes: Yeah, lowering your standards means dating a decent girl, who doesn't look like Natalie Portman, who won't screw you over, use you as a friend to cry over a bad boy, etc. Sounds awful. :rolleyes: Yet they expect those same hot women to lower their own standards in that respect.

Yeah, the double standards evidenced on this board have really, really deepened my bitterness towards guys.

• Like 1
I DO love this statement.

In essence, she wants to CHANGE him from everything that attracted her in the first place, to something the opposite of what attracted her. hahahahah makes sense. :)

This has only happened to me once, when I was already emotionally involved, and he hadn't seemed like a bad boy when I was getting to know him. His bad boy crap came from his actually being a bitter, extremely insecure little boy, thinking that women wouldn't want him as he was, so he had to turn himself into a player and try for a harem of hot girls - just one example.

I've always known that you can't change someone. I know that people can't change me - they can help at times, but their loving you won't fully help you to love yourself. I've never chased someone thinking that I can change them and make them mine. I never understood it.

Yeah, the double standards evidenced on this board have really, really deepened my bitterness towards guys.
Don't let a few jackholes ruin your day. There's a lot of great guys out there. I happen to be good friends w/ some that wear their hearts on their sleeves & get heartbroken all the time.

My poor buddies. :(

Don't let a few jackholes ruin your day. There's a lot of great guys out there. I happen to be good friends w/ some that wear their hearts on their sleeves & get heartbroken all the time.

My poor buddies. :(

Eh, the good ones are taken or single because they're holding out for the perfect woman... which I am not... and the perfect woman is off chasing "bad boys." It's a great big stupid cycle.

I'd like to add that it is pretty obvious.

A stable, kahki wearing, high income computer nerd driving a Camry is WAY LESS LIKELY to:

- give a girl mind and spirit altering sexual pleasure by stressing the boundries, or trying things she says no to only to find out she loves it later

- jump up and cause blood to be drawn in a fight against any agressors, defending her, and/or protecting his claim, SHOWING how much she means to him

- do things that are extravegant or way over the top and more interesting and exciting like 144 roses instead of the standard 12

- get a permenant skin tatoo with her name on it declaring unbridled love for a lifetime

A kacki wearing nerd is likely to:

- schedule sex in a smartphone

- call 911 on same smart phone and end up knocked out before completing

- spend more time tracking the expense of roses that the moment is long gone

- explain the danger of tatoos and how unprofessional they are as a snoke screen fearing the pain.

• Like 2
Eh, the good ones are taken or single because they're holding out for the perfect woman... which I am not... and the perfect woman is off chasing "bad boys." It's a great big stupid cycle.
Perfection is unknowable. ;)

*Sigh*

This cycle needs to be broken. It's like listening to the same dreadfully boring song over & over again. I need some aspirin.

@ GH SMITH

dude, I don't know if you are spamming or trolling or both, but you dont bring anything valid to these discussions.

We KNOW good guys are better, but that doesn't explain WHY they gravitate towards bad guys. Religion and rules is not going to change it.

A bad guy bites back, a good guy cowers, women KNOW this, that's it.

Religion and rules (which I do agree are very helpful) are NOT going suddenly ALTER women wanting protection from a bad a$$.

So, all your postings about pervs, and what is wrong in America are not doing anything for this discussion other than giving religious people MORE bad examples. Please join in with something relevant, or go to a political based board. Or peeps will start reporting you, if they aren't already

Why do all guys chase after the hot girl even if she's not as nice or smart as the uglier girl?

There, answer your own question, cause it's pretty much the same reply.

Absolutely.

A girl that's 8 hot can be a bitch up to 7, and men will still chase after her. It's not because she's a 7 bitch, it's because she's 8 hot.

Same thing with bad boys. If he's 8 hot, he gets to be a jerk all the way up to 7. Then you have other guys that go... gee, I need to be a 7 jerk. No, it's not the jerk part, it's the hot part.

The moral of the story is don't be an unpleasant person more than your attractiveness. And a corollary is the more attractive you are, the worse you can treat the people around you and get away with it.

Human nature. It's not nice, but it's true.

Absolutely.

A girl that's 8 hot can be a bitch up to 7, and men will still chase after her. It's not because she's a 7 bitch, it's because she's 8 hot.

Same thing with bad boys. If he's 8 hot, he gets to be a jerk all the way up to 7. Then you have other guys that go... gee, I need to be a 7 jerk. No, it's not the jerk part, it's the hot part.

The moral of the story is don't be an unpleasant person more than your attractiveness. And a corollary is the more attractive you are, the worse you can treat the people around you and get away with it.

Human nature. It's not nice, but it's true.

I know someone is going to disagree w/ me because they apparently know me better than myself but... it wouldn't matter how hot a guy is. If he's a dick, I've got no interest in him.
  • Like 3
Ruby Slippers
All the hottest girls are either single, or dating the only guys with the balls to approach her, and usually it is the so-called "bad boys". Sometimes they aren't even "bad boys". Sometimes it's just hipsters who are abnormally confident. Or foreign dudes.

I don't know how "hot" I am, but 95% of the guys who approach me are bad boys, or "alpha". I got on online dating in hopes of more smart nice guys approaching me.

• Like 1
I'd like to add that it is pretty obvious.

A stable, kahki wearing, high income computer nerd driving a Camry is WAY LESS LIKELY to:

- give a girl mind and spirit altering sexual pleasure by stressing the boundries, or trying things she says no to only to find out she loves it later

- jump up and cause blood to be drawn in a fight against any agressors, defending her, and/or protecting his claim, SHOWING how much she means to him

- do things that are extravegant or way over the top and more interesting and exciting like 144 roses instead of the standard 12

- get a permenant skin tatoo with her name on it declaring unbridled love for a lifetime

A kacki wearing nerd is likely to:

- schedule sex in a smartphone

- call 911 on same smart phone and end up knocked out before completing

- spend more time tracking the expense of roses that the moment is long gone

- explain the danger of tatoos and how unprofessional they are as a snoke screen fearing the pain.

Earlier on, I was thinking about a guy I checked out in a bookstore. He had a nice air about him, wasn't someone you would automatically think of as a stud, but he was friendly/respectful, had a nice smile, and was obviously feeling good about making certain changes, going by the books he'd asked a shop assistant about.

I don't think that "it's always the quiet ones" solely fits girls (us "hot librarian" girls). you underestimate people who are smart, and like to learn new things. ;)

• Like 2
I don't think that "it's always the quiet ones" solely fits girls (us "hot librarian" girls). you underestimate people who are smart, and like to learn new things. ;)

Merely generalizing for the discussion. :)

threebyfate

Why is it that it's okay for people to diss attractive ones and not consider themselves mean and yet the same people, judge the more attractive ones with higher standards than they personally can live up to?

This to me is a more relevant question.

yow. ouch.

Why is this even surprising to some people I'd never know. It's the same reason why men put up with nasty bitchy women! When people complain no guy or girl wants them, what they actually mean is that no "attractive" guy or girl wants them.

ThaWholigan
Why is this even surprising to some people I'd never know. It's the same reason why men put up with nasty bitchy women! When people complain no guy or girl wants them, what they actually mean is that no "attractive" guy or girl wants them.

Attractive is always subjective in this regard. Nothing surprises me in dating.

cause the bad boys are usually hot. And the nice guys are usually nerdy and skinny or fat.

so you like getting pumped and dumped and or want to die alone?

I'm trying to remember where I read of someone sleeping with a player/bad boy, hoping for a good time, and feeling sorely disappointed - he wasn't any good in bed.