Husband won't put me on title for new home

Oh I know you wouldn't! Not for a second! I can tell you have too much integrity for that.

My only sadness is that I worry that if a man were to fall in love with you there would be moments when you might look at him and wonder "when is this one gonna screw me over in some way?" I know, I know. You won't give him the opportunity. But there are other ways of being screwed over besides financially.

Donna, The very second I got even a whiff of the idea that a casual partner has fallen in love with me, we would be once again revisiting the convo we had prior to becoming intimate. And yes, I would immediately drop such a man in order to avoid toying with his feelings when I have no desire to return them.

Nah. I like SS.

No you don't. You treat her just like you do Woggle.

And I don't use your posting methods.

I don't care.

Since when it talking about somebody in the third person in pitying, condescending tones being "nice" to them?

Oh and one more thing, my alimony bill last year was $33,000 plus full medical & dental, I darn well better have an "asset-protection strategy" in place going forward.

Lots of other people besides me have said nice things to you. You ignored it every time. It wasn't third person either. Nor was it condescending. It was addressed directly to you. I understand that you don't like me, and I have no feelings about that. It's just something I noticed.

Donna, The very second I got even a whiff of the idea that a casual partner has fallen in love with me, we would be once again revisiting the convo we had prior to becoming intimate. And yes, I would immediately drop such a man in order to avoid toying with his feelings when I have no desire to return them.
Yeah, I had an FWB once. I had to threaten a RO. I vowed never to go that route again. But that's me. Everyone has their own path in life.

Be happy SS. :)

No you don't. You treat her just like you do Woggle.

Interesting, because a few posts up SS said something very nice about me, and Woggle adores me. I guess I must be doing something right! :lmao:
I know your situation, and it's just wrong on every possible level. :mad:

It is what it is, he availed himself of all the protections available to him by law. He looked out after his interests a lot better than I looked out for my own. I bought into all that " love" "trust" gifting" and "sharing" stuff & didn't insist on a pre-nup. My mistake, it won't happen again though.

Interesting, because a few posts up SS said something very nice about me, and Woggle adores me. I guess I must be doing something right! :lmao:

Not really.....

Lots of other people besides me have said nice things to you. You ignored it every time. It wasn't third person either. Nor was it condescending. It was addressed directly to you. I understand that you don't like me, and I have no feelings about that. It's just something I noticed.

Whatever...

Oh and I "don't like you" ? really? seriously? I disagree with your POV but I don't know you, this is the Internet after all :)

Edited by soserious1
Not really.....

BJ, (giggling typing that :D Donna has actually been nice to me, we've had PM exchanges etc. I don't agree with her POV but I don't consider her to be some sort of enemy who has ill will towards me.

To be truthful, I actually do worry about people going into new marriages. I never in a million years thought my marriage would end as it did, nor did I ever think I'd take the fiscal beat down that I got.

If my story causes even one person, to stop & think long & hard before saying "I do" without the protection of a pre nuptial agreement, then everything I've gone through has done some bit of good.

• Like 1
It's the truth though. You've been rude and dismissive throughout this thread.

I'm addressing people who are addressing me... and no a "oh poor SS will never change her ways" sandwiched between yet another of the 101 ways why I'm wrong for not giving a guy free rent isn't "being nice" to me.

You've already warned me that it's going to be rough for me to find relationships because "other people don't think like I do" Yeah, if I don't fork over housing or cash, I won't find a guy.. it doesn't get much "ruder" than that.

BJ, (giggling typing that :D Donna has actually been nice to me, we've had PM exchanges etc. I don't agree with her POV but I don't consider her to be some sort of enemy who has ill will towards me.

To be truthful, I actually do worry about people going into new marriages. I never in a million years thought my marriage would end as it did, nor did I ever think I'd take the fiscal beat down that I got.

If my story causes even one person, to stop & think long & hard before saying "I do" without the protection of a pre nuptial agreement, then everything I've gone through has done some bit of good.

Careful. If you're nice to me he'll turn on you and go find someone else to suck up to. :laugh:

Careful. If you're nice to me he'll turn on you and go find someone else to suck up to. :laugh:

It's not a question of being "nice" but rather one of being truthful, I've had pleasant exchanges with you & with several others in this thread in the past.

I don't agree with a lot of the POV's about marriage here but that doesn't mean I 'hate" anybody here or wish them anything but the best.

Frankly I'm not the one doing the "sucking" here.;)

Frankly I'm not the one doing the "sucking" here.;)

Oh, my baby LOVES when I do that! I bet you wish you knew what it felt like. :laugh:

• Like 2
Oh, my baby LOVES when I do that! I bet you wish you knew what it felt like. :laugh:

I'm sure you do suck yourself a lot. Stop imagining that you have a boyfriend.

Since when it talking about somebody in the third person in pitying, condescending tones being "nice" to them?

Oh and one more thing, my alimony bill last year was $33,000 plus full medical & dental, I darn well better have an "asset-protection strategy" in place going forward.

You know what..

There are people posting on this thread that went thru divorces and got it worse than you.. I'm one of them..

Heck it cost me almost 40k just in attorney fees to get divorced in a no fault state with no kids together.

Why the constant whining about having to write an alimony check ?.. I'm sure there are men here on LS that have paid more than 33k in alimony in the last year.. heck I have a family member that paid almost double that last year.. he is happily remarried..

You know what..

There are people posting on this thread that went thru divorces and got it worse than you.. I'm one of them..

Heck it cost me almost 40k just in attorney fees to get divorced in a no fault state with no kids together.

Why the constant whining about having to write an alimony check ?.. I'm sure there are men here on LS that have paid more than 33k in alimony in the last year.. heck I have a family member that paid almost double that last year.. he is happily remarried..

Please, my attorney fees are another story..

I pay my alimony on time and in full just as the judge ordered & I'm not interested in getting married again, having sex with strange wino's in dumpsters would be better than ever being called "Mrs" ever again. My pimp gets his court ordered money every month, I won't be signing myself up to pay yet another!

Edited by soserious1
Please, my attorney fees are another story..

Well.. I just mentioned the fees as part of my divorce.. the settlement would take the wind out of you...

Well.. I just mentioned the fees as part of my divorce.. the settlement would take the wind out of you...

I'm sure it would, but my settlement that was based on my income took the wind out of me too. We had no children together either & I can't eat for 3 days every month because the thought of having to write the check gives me dry heaves!

Let's hear it, Art!

• Like 1
And with these women here with their self-entitled "I deserve your money!:mad:" attitudes, I will? I bet if I told them I don't have $100 dollars for them to get their hair done they'd get into a fit and would withhold sex from me.

Not all women! I think I already mentioned somewhere on this thread that it never even crossed my mind to ask my husband to be put on the deed of the apartment building he owned before we got married. He did make a will leaving it to me if anything had happened to him, but I never asked for anything. And he did put about 1/3 of the profits when he sold it into the down payment on the house we bought together, but I have no idea what he did with the other 2/3.

And that whole "withholding sex" thing has always been a head-scratcher for me. That punishes me, why on earth would I do that??

I'm sure it would, but my settlement that was based on my income took the wind out of me too. We had no children together either & I can't eat for 3 days every month because the thought of having to write the check gives me dry heaves!

Hopefully it's just temporary and the judge didn't give him permanent.. if he did.. then my condolences...

Let's hear it, Art!

Alimony is based in large part on the bread winning spouse's income, chances are good if Art pays more than I do that he also earns more than I do.

Hopefully it's just temporary and the judge didn't give him permanent.. if he did.. then my condolences...

He was granted permanent alimony & I was court ordered to obtain a life insurance policy on myself naming him as beneficiary should I die before he does. The alimony only ends if he remarries.