Husband won't put me on title for new home

Mme. Chaucer

Speaking ONLY FOR MYSELF, I am happy and deeply grateful that I have some resources that enable my hardworking husband and me to share a fulfilling life together with some extra privileges.

I guess it's "MY MONEY." I am a lot happier sharing it with him than I would be keeping it to myself.

That's just me. But I appreciate it when others who may not choose to live this way refrain from characterizing either one of us as a "freeloader" or a "fool."

Honestly. There is plenty of room for people to organize their lives and their relationships in many different ways. Not all of them work out, and some do. There is not always a screwer and a screwee in those that don't work out, though there often is.

• Like 3
Speaking ONLY FOR MYSELF, I am happy that I have some resources that enable my hardworking husband and me to share a fulfilling life together with some extra privileges.

I guess it's "MY MONEY." I am a lot happier sharing it with him than I would be keeping it to myself.

That's just me. But I appreciate it when others who may not choose to live this way refrain from characterizing either one of us as a "freeloader" or a "fool."

Honestly. There is plenty of room for people to organize their lives and their relationships in many different ways. Not all of them work out, and some do. There is not always a screwer and a screwee in those that don't work out, though there often is.

Of course you feel that way. You're a woman in a rare, dominant position over your husband so it's comfortable for you to give him a little chump change here and there.

Your feminism couldn't shine any brighter.

What you are saying is that I'm like a trick or a prostitute's customer, I must let a man live here totally rent free because after all he's slipping me his sausage occasionally.

No, actually, I was saying that if you're going to charge him rent to live with you (when you are not paying rent for the house), why not go a step further and charge him for blowjobs as well? Could make a pretty profit there. ;)

• Like 1

There is not always a screwer and a screwee in those that don't work out, though there often is.

With all due respect I used to believe the same thing, but there is most definitely a fiscal winner & a loser when it's time for the divorce court judge to divvy up the assets. Somebody ALWAYS loses then.

You clearly said paying bills is involuntary. :rolleyes:

I agree: :rolleyes:

I know you've been trying to bait me and many other members. I'm ok with that. There are nice posters on this site who like me and I like them. I belong on LS as a valued, contributing member, and I'll never have to resort to acting like you do to get attention. I'll never have to start multiple accounts so that I can converse with myself. I'll never have to try to get people to hate me just so they will acknowledge me.

You can do or say what you want, and twist people's words to get a rise out of them, but in the end you have to face the fact that your anger and hatred will make it impossible for you to function here on this site you apparently love so much. And probably a lot of places in real life. I'll never have that problem. I'll never have to hide that side of myself and be so fake in order to get by.

So if you think you're upsetting me, you aren't. Anyone here can see how obviously significant I am to you, and I know that's at least in part because you're so insignificant to me.

I won't be putting you on ignore. Instead I will just overlook you. Respond to me if you want. Make remarks on the pictures in my profile again if you can. Send me PMs. Whatever you want. The high road is easy to find. It's whatever road you aren't on.

• Like 2
No, actually, I was saying that if you're going to charge him rent to live with you (when you are not paying rent for the house), why not go a step further and charge him for blowjobs as well? Could make a pretty profit there. ;)

I paid for this house & I pay the property taxes & all the bills associated with keeping it up.

He can stay in his own place & continue writing a monthly check to cover his own rent or mortgage if he is bothered at the thought of making a modest, set monthly payment here.

Mme. Chaucer
Of course you feel that way. You're a woman in a rare, dominant position over your husband so it's comfortable for you to give him a little chump change here and there.

Your feminism couldn't shine any brighter.

You know … speaking of brightness … you are not presenting yourself as a very bright guy. Just saying. Your ability to have a written conversation with articulate people is way behind the curve of even this plebeian website.

I'm a feminist, so what? Am I supposed to be ashamed of it? I'm not. In any case, I'm not posting about feminism here.

Where did you come up with the notion that I give my husband "chump change"?

• Like 1
This house didn't fall from the sky & upkeeping the property isn't free?

How does Joe Blow's moving in increase your acquisition and ongoing mortgage costs?

"Joe Blow" has to pay rent or a mortgage payment every month, why should he be feel he's entitled to gain from my assets by living here for free?

He does not gain from your asset. As its in your name solely he is not party to any appreciation or tax benefits derived from the asset itself. Nor do such amounts vary based on his presence.

He gains because you care for him and, at no cost/loss to yourself or financial assets, provide him a gain (loss of rent)

It seems you choose to deny this out of spite.

What exactly do I gain by assuming all the housing obligations of a landlord for a person who never pays a dime of rent?

You already have those housing obligations NOW.

And that sums it up nicely methinks.

You won't allow a love interest to move in not because you have nothing to lose but because you won't profit from him.

You have become your xH, viewing others only in terms of your gain and nothing else matters.

• Like 1
How does Joe Blow's moving in increase your acquisition and ongoing mortgage costs?

He does not gain from your asset. As its in your name solely he is not party to any appreciation or tax benefits derived from the asset itself. Nor do such amounts vary based on his presence.

He gains because you care for him and, at no cost/loss to yourself or financial assets, provide him a gain (loss of rent)

It seems you choose to deny this out of spite.

You already have those housing obligations NOW.

And that sums it up nicely methinks.

You won't allow a love interest to move in not because you have nothing to lose but because you won't profit from him.

You have become your xH, viewing others only in terms of your gain and nothing else matters.

Why should "Joe Blow" be allowed to live here rent free?

You have not yet given me one single reason as to why a person who would have to pay rent in any other place they live should be allowed the run of this place for nothing.

Mme. Chaucer
With all due respect I used to believe the same thing, but there is most definitely a fiscal winner & a loser when it's time for the divorce court judge to divvy up the assets. Somebody ALWAYS loses then.

I do know this, and as I have posted before, I fared badly in my divorce too.

I just refuse to "live there" anymore.

Still keeping the faith in love! And, honestly, I do believe that having some money just provides for more for those I love as well as for me. And I am NOT judging you for not feeling this way yourself. Just hoping that this perspective can have some respect and not necessarily be tossed into the "freeloader vs sucker" quagmire. And hoped the same thing for the OP.

I paid for this house & I pay the property taxes & all the bills associated with keeping it up.

He can stay in his own place & continue writing a monthly check to cover his own rent or mortgage if he is bothered at the thought of making a modest, set monthly payment here.

You ALREADY paid for the house. Whether or not you happen to have someone move in in the future doesn't change that.

I don't understand why you keep talking about bills when there is a fairly clear line between bills and rent for most people. Rent is what you pay just for the privilege of being able to live in a space without being hauled out by the police by the owner's demand. Bills are what you pay for amenities and upkeep above and beyond that. You CHARGE rent. You SPLIT bills.

Mme. Chaucer

What if you give really awful blowjobs? Do you think he should still pay? Because a bad blowjob must be better than no blowjob at all, right? Is this a feminist notion????

• Like 1
You ALREADY paid for the house. Whether or not you happen to have someone move in in the future doesn't change that.

I don't understand why you keep talking about bills when there is a fairly clear line between bills and rent for most people. Rent is what you pay just for the privilege of being able to live in a space without being hauled out by the police by the owner's demand. Bills are what you pay for amenities and upkeep above and beyond that. You CHARGE rent. You SPLIT bills.

I had a room mate here for a year, that housemate paid $1K per month plus split utilities.

Sorry but I'm not willing to give up that option to provide a man with free housing, he can continue to live in his own home paying that rent or mortgage.

• Like 1
You know … speaking of brightness … you are not presenting yourself as a very bright guy. Just saying.

Of course. Any guy to you who doesn't sniff coke and doesn't submit to his woman and lick her toes every day is not a bright guy.

Your ability to have a written conversation with articulate people is way behind the curve of even this plebeian website.

You can't even hold a conversation without resorting to personal attacks and using the word bitter so you're hardly the one to judge.

I'm a feminist, so what? Am I supposed to be ashamed of it? I'm not. In any case, I'm not posting about feminism here.

Where did you come up with the notion that I give my husband "chump change"?

Right so it's hypocritical for you to talk about how everyone else is so sexist, misogynist and blah blah blah.

You have no problem with "sharing" with your husband because you know he's expendable, and you're the one with job while he sits at home so if anything went bad, you'd be in the clear while he suffers.

What if you give really awful blowjobs? Do you think he should still pay? Because a bad blowjob must be better than no blowjob at all, right? Is this a feminist notion????

Clearly you are a feminazi for using awful sex to keep men submissive and trampled beneath your stiletto-booted feet.

Why should "Joe Blow" be allowed to live here rent free?

You have not yet given me one single reason as to why a person who would have to pay rent in any other place they live should be allowed the run of this place for nothing.

Because, at no cost to you, can provide him a gain.

And, speaking just for myself, providing a no cost gain to someone I care about is one of life's little treasures.

Hell, I even do it even when it costs me - I call it gift giving.

• Like 1
Mme. Chaucer
Of course. Any guy to you who doesn't sniff coke and doesn't submit to his woman and lick her toes every day is not a bright guy.

You can't even hold a conversation without resorting to personal attacks and using the word bitter so you're hardly the one to judge.

Right so it's hypocritical for you to talk about how everyone else is so sexist, misogynist and blah blah blah.

You have no problem with "sharing" with your husband because you know he's expendable, and you're the one with job while he sits at home so if anything went bad, you'd be in the clear while he suffers.

Do you know how to read?

If you do, here's a little hint:

READ the posts people write before you respond to them, especially if you are trying to really take them down a peg.

In case it might prove helpful to you, the reason you seem like you are dim has nothing to do with coke sniffing or toe licking.

I had a room mate here for a year, that housemate paid $1K per month plus split utilities.

Sorry but I'm not willing to give up that option to provide a man with free housing, he can continue to live in his own home paying that rent or mortgage.

Thus the question is profit, not prevention of fiscal bankruptcy or even sharing of expenses. Thank you for clearing that up. I suppose it is possibly even a good principle to have, if you're not interested in anything past casual sex. I certainly would charge rent to a FWB who wanted to live in my house.

• Like 1

Oh no.

Only a woman could possibly say this.

As a man, a bad blowjob is BAD. Like teeth bad.

Oh no dear, she should pay him!

:laugh:

• Like 1
Because, at no cost to you, can provide him a gain.

And, speaking just for myself, providing a no cost gain to someone I care about is one of life's little treasures.

Hell, I even do it even when it costs me - I call it gift giving.

Well I'm not interested in proving "Joe Blow" with the "gift" of free rent, so sorry.

Mme. Chaucer
Well I'm not interested in proving "Joe Blow" with the "gift" of free rent, so sorry.

How about BLOW jobs for Joe Blow?

Just kidding, I'm rendered punchy by the ridiculousness afoot. Not you, ss1.

Do you know how to read?

READ the posts people write before you respond to them, especially if you are trying to really take them down a peg.

In case it might prove helpful to you, the reason you seem like you are dim has nothing to do with coke sniffing or toe licking.

The interesting thing is that this poster calls the person who is being provided for, a freeloader who enjoys life at the expense of the person paying the bills. But evidently, from his latest post, the person who PROVIDES is a sexist who feels their partner is expendable and provides for them because if anything went wrong they'd be in the clear and their partner would 'suffer'. Now we just need some derogatory terms to label couples who split all expenses with, and we'll be set. ;)

• Like 2
Do you know how to read?

It will be helpful to you if you take some comprehension and philosophy courses.

The word "bitter" is not the only word in the dictionary.

Mme. Chaucer
Oh no.

Only a woman could possibly say this.

As a man, a bad blowjob is BAD. Like teeth bad.

Oh no dear, she should pay him!

:laugh:

Oh … Okay. Thank you for that, sir.

So, in order to establish true equality in my marriage, I guess first we'll need to ascertain the quality of the blowjobs I administer. Once that's figured out, then we can know whether a blowjob undertaken by myself should count as a debit or a credit, right?

If it turns out that I am an atrocious blowjob giver, then continuing to make my feeble efforts in that department would be undermining to the fiscal foundation of my marriage???

Hm. A lot to think about. It's really hard being a coke sniffing feminist with my husband alternately sitting on his ass and licking my toes.

• Like 1