Armpit keeps itching after shaved :(

Thanks, norajane! Will def try that. :) My razors have rusted before, but I suppose I should be changing them out every few months or so anyway.

Here's part of your problem. You are using a blunt blade and causing irritation.

You should change your blades more often. The blade companies suggest every 2 weeks, but that seems excessive to me. But I would change it every month for sure, especially if your hair is coarse and thick. Blades will rust, but it should take them a long time (and you should change before that happens). If the expense is really that big of an issue with you, then use a cheaper blade or cheaper disposable, and also try buying in bulk from eBay.

You can also try something called TendSkin. It's a liquid that takes away razor burn (contains aspirin); it's really great for bikini line rashes, too.

And honestly, it doesn't take that much time or dedication to shave your pits every shower. It takes maybe, what, 30 seconds to lather up and run the blade over them? You avoid the stage of growing out, and you look better. A win-win situation.

So I tried shaving against the grain as several articles suggested. It worked in the sense that my legs actually did remain smooth (for, like, 24 hours *sigh*), but I got some pretty obvious razor burn - tiny red bumps where the hair follicles are. I've taken all the necessary precautions - bathed with warm water, exfoliated my legs, used a sharp razor, used cream to shave with, then moisturised them after. Damn it.

It's possible that you just have sensitive skin, but you also need to pay attention to your shaving technique. Don't press down too hard on the razor; a gentle swipe of the razor is all you need. And don't shave over the same spot repeatedly.

How is the water in your house? If you have hard water, your skin is going to feel a bit irritated after shaving.