Is there medication that can take away sexual urges?

danmorisson

• Author

It's ok for me.

And btw, you take this 'men only care about sex' way too literally. I mean when I see a looker outside I fantasize about having a girlfriend of my own and getting kicks out of protecting her, loving her to bits and treating her like a princess. It's not all about sex.

It's ok for me.

And btw, you take this 'men only care about sex' way too literally. I mean when I see a looker outside I fantasize about having a girlfriend of my own and getting kicks out of protecting her, loving her to bits and treating her like a princess. It's not all about sex.

I got that. I'm sorry things are the way they are for you. It's no way to live.

How old are you, DM? Ugly people have girlfriends, boy friends, too! You should probably speak to a therapist to ascertain if this is truly an obsession or if there are other problems going on.

He's been told to seek therapy, but doesn't think he needs it. He's obsessed with these sexual thoughts and is miserable because of them. He needs a shrink.

ShatteredReality

Dan, even if you can get rid of sexual urges you will not be able to get rid of the urge to be with someone. What you're experiencing is being lonely. Killing your sex drive will make you no less lonely...it will just take away being lonely and horny. Are you antisocial? Is there a reason you can't get some close friends to help sorta fill some of that void? Why don't you want a girlfriend? I think you need to get to the root to solve the problem...just saying you don't want a girlfriend doesn't give us on LS anything to work with on tips for you. You won't answer your general age, virginity, living situation - etc. We cannot advise you with absolutely no facts other than you don't want to have sex or a gf.

Sailors used to use something called "Salt Peter".

Saltpeter (aka potassium nitrate) doesn't work for dampening the male libido, any more than eating raw oysters or bull testicles will make us hornier.

A pill came out that gave women more freedom. We men need the same thing to happen.

About ten years ago, researchers extracted a toxin called gossypol from cotton seeds... they tested it on men in China, and while it did indeed stop them from making sperm while leaving their horniness intact, it unfortunately made 10% of them permanently sterile... AND it turned their skins bright yellow. :eek:

Realistically, I doubt there will be a male birth control pill any time soon... because women would start whining about how hard it would be to find a man who wants to father their kid... :laugh: Think of how many paternity-suit lawyers would be out of a job...

Killing your sex drive will make you no less lonely...

Bingo.

No pill in the world can do that.

However, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of cloned girlfriends in the future... :rolleyes:

• Author

I'm not seeking tips really. Do you not think it's a tad cruel that unattractive people have the very same (in some cases more) desires to be with a woman just as much as attractive people do? I'm ugly and therefore don't want to be 'sexually' attracted to people. I wish nature would go 'You're ugly so I'll lay off on the sexual urges'

Ugly people need a break. We need science to make our lives better.

I'm not seeking tips really. Do you not think it's a tad cruel that unattractive people have the very same (in some cases more) desires to be with a woman as much as attractive people do? I'm ugly and therefore don't want to be 'sexually' attracted to people. I wish nature would go 'You're ugly so I'll lay off on the sexual urges'

Ugly people need a break. We need science to make our lives better.

How ugly are you? Come on. Are you deformed or something? There is an @ss for every seat. You'll find someone. Have you even tried dating? Hopefully if you are as busted as you say, your standards aren't that high.

• Author

Yes I am deformed, unfortunately. Ugly people don't deserve to have these urges. If nature had a conscience it would go 'Ok no sexual urges for you, I feel sorry for you'

Yes I am deformed, unfortunately. Ugly people don't deserve to have these urges. If nature had a conscience it would go 'Ok no sexual urges for you, I feel sorry for you'

I'm sorry. I really am.:( I don't know what else to suggest besides therapy to stop the obsessive thoughts and to help you deal with your unfortunate circumstances. Drugs will not help you. There are too many side effects that would be unpleasant for you. And castration is just ridiculous.

• Author

Yeah all I have are fantasies, being with a woman and having kids etc. Pure wishful thoughts. But that cannot be helped really. It is depressing though. You see men with nice families and you're never going to have that outside of fantasies. And these desires are linked to your sex drive. I wish science had a way to switch it off.

Then again, anti depressant pills might make me feel better.

Yeah all I have are fantasies, being with a woman and having kids etc. Pure wishful thoughts. But that cannot be helped really. It is depressing though. You see men with nice families and you're never going to have that outside of fantasies. And these desires are linked to your sex drive. I wish science had a way to switch it off.

Then again, anti depressant pills might make me feel better.

Anti-depressants will help you feel better and they may kill your sex drive as well. That's what you want, so it may be a win win situation. Good luck to you, Dan.:)

Therapy may help you a lot. I think talking to someone may help you find root causes to these issues. Its not about giving antidepressant drugs. I know talking to a therapist helped me with my bitterness and issues after my bad experiences with women. It gave me another perspective with what was going on with me. When things happen a lot of times we only see them one way. Therapy can offer other perspectives on these issues and ways to cope and resolve them

• Author

It has nothing to do with actual sex anyway. I'm in my 30s now and I've noticed the desire to have a girlfriend has gotten stronger overtime. I just have this overwhelming desire to get a girlfriend... protect her, make her feel special, give her kids, etc. This hangs over my head all the time these days

It has nothing to do with actual sex anyway. I'm in my 30s now and I've noticed the desire to have a girlfriend has gotten stronger overtime. I just have this overwhelming desire to get a girlfriend... protect her, make her feel special, give her kids, etc. This hangs over my head all the time these days

Well use therapy to help with your confidence issues so you can go out here and start looking for that special woman

• Author

More problems than that. Not having a girlfriend makes you an outsider. A double-whammy. You even need to hide that you don't have a girlfriend when talking to strangers online, most somehow see that as a bad thing, if you're virgin in your late 20s and above. So it has this double-whammy effect. Maybe they think you're a bad guy or something? I don't know. But it seems to have an effect on other aspects of your life as well

Edit: They make you feel like you're not a member of some secret society or something

Edited by danmorisson

hey op post a pic I'm 99% sure i can help u

you wouldn't believe the change in appearance you could make

stop being a phaggot with all this self pity. good looking guys can have trouble with girls too. but if its only ur looks something could be done

• Author

It's not self pity. If people like me really wanted attention we would upload to youtube or something, you complete and utter retard. And quit trolling, *******. You're lucky I replied because I usually ignore trolls these days, but this will be the only reply

hey op post a pic I'm 99% sure i can help u

you wouldn't believe the change in appearance you could make

stop being a phaggot with all this self pity. good looking guys can have trouble with girls too. but if its only ur looks something could be done

DO NOT POST A PIC OP!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you wouldn't anyways. It's just asking for people to be mean to you. If you say you are deformed, please don't do it.

It's not self pity. If people like me really wanted attention we would upload to youtube or something, you complete and utter retard. And quit trolling, *******. You're lucky I replied because I usually ignore trolls these days, but this will be the only reply

Oh good. You see that @sshole for what he is. A slimy, nasty troll:mad:

It's called masturbation.

It's not always that sexually fullfilling/satisfying, and in fact for some guys a lot of the time it can be very underwhelming. And after a short while you'll just go back to feeling sexually frustrated again.

• Author
DO NOT POST A PIC OP!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you wouldn't anyways. It's just asking for people to be mean to you. If you say you are deformed, please don't do it.

:)

All women should be nice like you. A lot of women out there act like men thinking that's what most men want, but it's not, most men prefer soft women.

Edit: Well my ideal woman would be a delicate one

Edited by danmorisson

Cyproterone = Androcur

There's also something called Leuproline or Leuprolide that they give to sex offenders.

Not sure what meds they'd use to kill a woman's sex drive... but poverty seems to do the trick there... :rolleyes:

ShatteredReality

Hmm...so you have a deformity? I can understand how that's a hurdle for sure. To be honest, we all have at least one deformity or another - but the people who have serious ones do have the raw end of the deal. Unfortunately we live in a society where conformity is strongly accepted and anything outside of a certain realm deemed as "normal" is cast aside and ignored.

I will say this, though...if you let your deformity define who you are and cause you to severely lack in self worth or self confidence - that will be your hurdle more than the deformity itself. I have seen some folks with some very blatant and impossible to ignore deformities. Ok...I hate that word...sorry, I have to stop using it ok? I may be one of those people who feels like all people are people and should be treated as such and therefore there is nothing truly wrong if it's solely on the outside...and maybe that makes me crazy and too optimistic or something...but I think you're in a situation that even attractive people find themselves in.

I am overweight. Out the gate there are a great number of men who would never look twice at me. The ones who do see a chubby girl who has a low enough self esteem to possibly jump in the sack with them. It's very few and far between I'd find a guy who actually wanted to get to know ME and be in a relationship with ME. And I am NOT bad looking - if I were thinner I'd actually probably be pretty. I have a great smile and odd, but good sense of humor. Ok, can you think of anything positive about yourself to tell me now? Believe me - it's difficult to say nice things about myself...there are so many things I feel like I could hate - but then what good would that do? I have to have a reason to keep getting up each morning.

You have reasons to try to live your life. You have reasons to like and even LOVE who you are. And once you love yourself and stop wanting so badly to project your insecurities on the external by finding external acceptance - well that's when you'll start to be less bothered by this crushing loneliness. Antidepressants may help - and you may in fact need them - but ultimately the peace comes from within...self acceptance will cause others to accept you. It'll radiate off of you. Now, that doesn't mean you won't see people staring or pointing or even mocking - but you'll find you're able to make yourself a circle of friends where that doesn't happen - or at least not in a cruel fashion. And the girl who wants to be your girlfriend? She exists. You'll likely have to stop looking to find her though. But that doesn't mean shut down so hard core that you don't recognize when she does come along.

I'm sorry for your struggle...I wish I could fix it for you or help...and I am sure my words fall infinitely short of comfort...I just hope you're able to find the part inside of you that need to be loved and nurtured and give him some attention...