Is there medication that can take away sexual urges?

danmorisson

You're lucky we're not rapists. I wish there was something. People who can't get boyfriends/girlfriends would live much happier lives! So it's not a crazy thought at all

There are at least a dozen solutions.

You asked for a pill, so you want a quick fix. You want to club your libido over the head with medication. You've got a virtual pharmacy of legal and illegal drugs that will serve your instant gratification purpose. Or you could destroy your body with overeating and not exercising. The libido fades when the body weakens.

You could turn to "sublimation" which means channeling the sexual energy to something else like art, triathalons, charity work, starting a business, gaming, being a good friend, getting an advanced degree, learning a new language, rebuilding a car, etc, etc, etc.

Or you could try Eastern philosophy and spirituality. A central premise of Eastern philosophy is minimizing suffering by letting go of desire.

You could focus your desire for connection by being present to your friends, family or get a dog or plant a garden.

I think it's best to accept that you are lonely and horny. Why push away your feelings and mock them? It's fine to want a girlfriend, but try not to let it destroy your ability to enjoy what you have. Or what you can have.

• Author

I'd still prefer a pill to take all sexual feelings away. Therapy wouldn't help, it's perfectly natural for men to think sexual thoughts all the time. So what we really need is drug to switch it all off. Believe me, it would breath new life into lots of people out there. This is absolute torture. I want to feel like a kid again.

I'd still prefer a pill to take all sexual feelings away. Therapy wouldn't help, it's perfectly natural for men to think sexual thoughts all the time. So what we really need is drug to switch it all off. Believe me, it would breath new life into lots of people out there. This is absolute torture. I want to feel like a kid again.

There is no magic pill. Therapy would help you control your sexual thoughts and desires though. Why not look into it?

Edited by ShannonMI

Trust me, Dan, you don't want the pill. I've been on antipsychotics most of my adult life and while it dampens the libido, but also clamps down on the childlike joy. It dampens everything, even motor and brain function.

I know you think drugs are all fun and games, but those of us with mental illness don't think that way. The pills I take are a miracle, but I also deal with some side effects, you don't want to face.

Remember if you take a pill, it works on your entire system - your emotions, motor skills, libido, and your organs - brain, liver, metabolic system are all affected.

• Author
There is no magic pill. Therapy would help you control you sexual thoughts and desires though. Why not look into it?

Because it's a 'feeling' not an 'action'. Believe me, when you see a hot woman absolutely nothing stops that 'feeling' --it's uncontrollable. A pill came out that gave women more freedom. We men need the same thing to happen.

Because it's a 'feeling' not an 'action'. Believe me, when you see a hot woman absolutely nothing stops that 'feeling' --it's uncontrollable. A pill came out that gave women more freedom. We men need the same thing to happen.

What pill was that? I'll make sure I stay away from it.

What you feel is normal. There is no getting rid of your instincts as a male to find women attractive. I don't know what to tell you.

• Author
Trust me, Dan, you don't want the pill. I've been on antipsychotics most of my adult life and while it dampens the libido, but also clamps down on the childlike joy. It dampens everything, even motor and brain function.

I know you think drugs are all fun and games, but those of us with mental illness don't think that way. The pills I take are a miracle, but I also deal with some side effects, you don't want to face.

Remember if you take a pill, it works on your entire system - your emotions, motor skills, libido, and your organs - brain, liver, metabolic system are all affected.

What pill are you talking about? And can I buy them at my local pharmacy? I'll read up about the negatives deciding

• Author

negatives before deciding**

Anyone know of any other pills that will ease the feelings? This antipsychotic pill has been discontinued.

I have direct experience with this issue. I am and have been on testosterone blockers and female hormones for years now. I still have sexual thoughts.

I know what some will say. Ah but your sexual orientation... Sorry Wrong it dose not work that way.

Transgender people Male to female and female to male have every kind of sexual orientation there is. Taking hormones does not change that. While less testosterone means less sex drive in male and female people even at zero testosterone surgical castration there is still sexual interest.

Having no sexual interest is it and of itself a sexual orientation just like being gay or straight.

What I think the OP really wants is to not want a relationship.

I know just how that feels. Wanting a relationship but not having any prospects for one is the worst situation. It is worse by far than having a broken heart, or pining for an unrequited love. In a sense you have less going on than a stalker as a stalker at least has someone they want to stalk!

Feeling that lack of even a prospect for a relationship, that lack of anyone available, stings worse than rejection, for it is a state with no hope for any change.

OP there is only one way to get what you want. Find something you can meditate on. A religious text, a mystery of life the universe and everything, a good long book, or a larger than life problem.

Realize and keep in mind that despite what that horrible screenn tells you there is life without that perfect family scene. The meaning in life is not in relationships, its not 42, it comes from fulfilling your self in ways that mere copulation or even companionship will not.

I hope some of this helps.:)

If some of you don't get the cultural references

Feelin Frisky
Thorazine also helps with people plagued with hiccups. Antipsychotics have a lot of dangerous side effects so a person needs to be carefully monitored.

Ha, not 5 minutes ago was I in a conversation in which I told someone my dad had been prescribed Thorazine for hiccups (which were an uncontrollable side effect of chemotherapy for cancer). Coinkydink.

• Author

Cannot believe there is no way to do this. They really need to find away because it would help alot of people out there, especially men.

Don't they give drugs to rapists? If so, what's that called?

Cannot believe there is no way to do this. They really need to find away because it would help alot of people out there, especially men.

There is no drug. It's called castration. That's what they do to rapists and pedophiles. You really are that desperate to kill your sexual urges? You should embrace them.

Dude, there's been at least 6 people here, who have posted options, unless you have read up on them already and discounted them. Someone mentioned testosterone blockers instead of being specific, well you will need to do more of your own research there. Bro350 mentioned deca, which I had experience with, and that effin killed it for me while I was on it. I know someone who had Proscar the hair loss drug and that screwed up his libido, but he became really depressed over it.It also took away his joy + enthusism for life. For some men it can screw up desire, but then ssri's dont have the same effects for all people either.

I really don't think you have to totally wipe out your libido, be careful you dont destroy it longterm, as you just may get with a girl that you find sexy and then you would be depressed if you could not turn the tap back on. Just dampening it would be a postive thing for you if are crazy with unrequited lust.

What about contacting a hypnotherapist and seeing if you be hypnotised into not finding women desirable, or maybe do the 'shallow hal' thing, where you find fat women desirable.

For people who dont get this, I reckonn ptp's post nailed it. It would be easier on you if you moved to an islamic country.:laugh:

• Author
Dude, there's been at least 6 people here, who have posted options, unless you have read up on them already and discounted them. Someone mentioned testosterone blockers instead of being specific, well you will need to do more of your own research there. Bro350 mentioned deca, which I had experience with, and that effin killed it for me while I was on it. I know someone who had Proscar the hair loss drug and that screwed up his libido, but he became really depressed over it.It also took away his joy + enthusism for life. For some men it can screw up desire, but then ssri's dont have the same effects for all people either.

I really don't think you have to totally wipe out your libido, be careful you dont destroy it longterm, as you just may get with a girl that you find sexy and then you would be depressed if you could not turn the tap back on. Just dampening it would be a postive thing for you if are crazy with unrequited lust.

What about contacting a hypnotherapist and seeing if you be hypnotised into not finding women desirable, or maybe do the 'shallow hal' thing, where you find fat women desirable.

For people who dont get this, I reckonn ptp's post nailed it. It would be easier on you if you moved to an islamic country.:laugh:

Deca? Does it have another name? Post a link to a site that shows the drug. And can I get it from my local pharmacy?

I think if you slam your dick in a door you'll no longer want to have sex. :)

Hahahahahahahaha true! You'll be in too much pain to think about pussy:lmao:

Deca? Does it have another name? Post a link to a site that shows the drug. And can I get it from my local pharmacy?

Just go to a f*cking hooker. That will solve all your problems. You'll get to f*ck someone and you'll release some of this sexual tension you have. No drugs or castration needed:rolleyes:

• Author
You should embrace them.
I really don't see any point in having them unless you are really good-looking. And I just don't see anything special about it. I remember when I was young and it was better, I never had these desires to be with a woman. My mind was free. The cruelty of nature is that there is absolutely no point to an ugly person having these desires, it just torture. It's just a thing we really don't need.

Deca Durabolin (nandrolone) is an anabolic. Look up phrase deca dick. Yes you can get this at your pharmacy, but you will need a script, that will be the hard part, given the govt hysteria over steroids. My guess is if you went to doctor about this issue, you would get a funny look you might have a hard time getting anything that works based on its side-effects, but just maybe they might be able to assist you.

Deca Durabolin (nandrolone) is an anabolic. Look up phrase deca dick. Yes you can get this at your pharmacy, but you will need a script, that will be the hard part, given the govt hysteria over steroids. My guess is if you went to doctor about this issue, you would get a funny look you might have a hard time getting anything that works based on its side-effects, but just maybe they might be able to assist you.

Imagine this guy would go to such extremes to kill his sex drive? This is so sad to me. He needs to visit a hooker and just embrace his urges. This is ridiculous.:rolleyes:

• Author

There is nothing sad about it at all. What if you don't want a girlfriend? You'll never truly have that choice unless science finds away to stop the sex drive. It's absolutely cruel that you don't have a choice.

I don't want desires to be with a woman popping into my head. I want to play video games.

There is nothing sad about it at all. What if you don't want a girlfriend? You'll never truly have that choice unless science finds away to stop the sex drive. It's absolutely cruel that you don't have a choice.

I don't want desires to be with a woman popping into my head. I want to play video games.

What are you 12? Sad life, dude

IfWishesWereHorses

How old are you, DM? Ugly people have girlfriends, boy friends, too! You should probably speak to a therapist to ascertain if this is truly an obsession or if there are other problems going on.