Around what age do women start to become less desirable

sweaterweatherstar

Btw, I'm 33 and have zero wrinkles. I have better skin with more elasticity than girls in their twenties.

it also helps that I'm a size 00 and under 100 lbs. I don't have to work out a lot to stay this way and I'm eating IN N OUt burger right now. I was born this way.

wtf?:sick:

White women age faster than asians. I'm 33 and I still have problems with people thinking I'm an adult and treating me with enough respect. I'm a size 00. I get hit on by guys in their early twenties because I look their age. I also used to have higgh school guys following me around my apartment complex telling me I'm gorgeous. It can be a curse to look so young because sales people don't assume I have the funds to buy designer bags. And the like. I always have to act aggressive and assertive when shopping to put sales people in check and flash money for them to know I have money and to show them who is boss.

A lot of women do lose their looks as they get older. I am not one of them. I only get hotter. Finally at 33 I finally look 21. When I was 21 I looked like a child. I see women in their twenties who already have crows feet. Lol. Its nice too be an "immortal looking asian". Life is good.

is this a joke?

Its nice too be an "immortal looking asian". Life is good.

Until you hit middle age and then overnight you age a few decades and look 'old'. There'll be no more 'miss' and more 'ma'am and 'aunty'. You become invisible and the sales assistants fawn over the young'uns because they're the target age group and look better in the latest clothes and bags than you do. ;)

White women age faster than asians. I'm 33 and I still have problems with people thinking I'm an adult and treating me with enough respect. I'm a size 00. I get hit on by guys in their early twenties because I look their age. I also used to have higgh school guys following me around my apartment complex telling me I'm gorgeous. It can be a curse to look so young because sales people don't assume I have the funds to buy designer bags. And the like. I always have to act aggressive and assertive when shopping to put sales people in check and flash money for them to know I have money and to show them who is boss.

A lot of women do lose their looks as they get older. I am not one of them. I only get hotter. Finally at 33 I finally look 21. When I was 21 I looked like a child. I see women in their twenties who already have crows feet. Lol. Its nice too be an "immortal looking asian". Life is good.

You know what, in the past a comment like this would have likely made me feel jealous. Instead, I'm just happy for you J200. You know you have it going on and are making the most of it. Cheers!

J200 - I've noticed that Asians generally age more gracefully than other races.

(I'm Scandivian & Italian [with traces of German, Welch, English etc]. People thought I was a child of 12-16 when I was in my early twenties :confused:... the flak I received from random strangers while pregnant with both of my children (at 18 and then at 22) was ridiculous too. It is nice when people begin to start "taking one" more seriously etc. I spent most of my early youth wishing I looked older and when I finally began looking a bit older I wanted to maintain it :laugh:. Anyway I can understand living it up).

Genetics may be a big issue, but other factors are certainly important. Stress, sun exposure, inadequate sleep, diet and substance abuse are all things that will accelerate someone's natural aging process. Even if one has an innate edge, time will catch up to them --- sometimes all it takes is a nervous breakdown too :eek:

Edited by OnyxSnowfall
You've gotten plenty of opinions already but I'll throw my two cents in. At 44 years old I really am not interested in younger women. Sure, they can look good and I'm not saying I don't admire them, but in terms of having a relationship? Just not interested. I have always been attracted to women my own age, and that goes for when I was in my 20s, 30s and now 40s.

I want a woman that grew up in the same time period I did, knows the music I know, appreciates current events in the same age context I do, etc. As for looks, I really appreciate a woman my age who takes pride in looking good but that does not mean artificially (cosmetic surgery - no thanks). Eating right and staying reasonably fit are attractive qualities and I'm drawn to them, as well as having something between the ears.

I think the men you're encountering aren't men at all but in fact are boys, not knowing what they really want. When you meet a real man, he'll appreciate you for who you are and what you look like, right now.

This has been the majority of my experience with men, and is similar to my own outlook as well.

Y'all can say what you want but reality doesnt lie.

The fact is that a woman's most valuable trait is her beauty while a man's most valuable trait is his wealth. Beautiful women and rich men will always get to pick the cream of the crop.

Hate to break this to you, musemaj, but you are not now nor have you ever been the final authority on "reality". I do believe that this encapsulates reality for you, and others like you. It's a bit sad, but it's the bed you make for yourselves, I suppose.

As for me, I'm 36, and yes, I am less hot than I used to be when I was 22--if heat is all about perfection, and does not take into account things like confidence, humor, experience, sexual prowess. Many things are different now, for example I eat regularly in my 30s, something I didn't do in my early 20s which ended up leading me into some health troubles. I don't spend an hour every morning on my hair and makeup anymore, either...I just really am not emotionally invested in looking like girls in magazines anymore, something I used to waste time and energy and self-esteem on. The only magazine I read regularly anymore is Scientific American, which is better for me on multiple levels. I have a few fine lines around my eyes, although most of the time you can't tell because of my sexy librarian glasses. I've had a baby, and I'm irrevocably "marred" with a C-section scar. I do get hit on less than I did when I was 22, but then I don't really spend time reflexively flirting with men and hanging out in bars or clubs anymore, and I have my kids and/or my husband with me about 80% of the time that I am out and about in the world, which presumably puts a big damper on that kind of thing. I still see men look at me, though, and I still get hit on from time to time, even when I'm playing with my toddler in the park. I don't think there's a massive shortage of people who might be willing to f&ck me even if I'm over the age of 35. And, FYI, I was 30, almost 31 when I met my now-husband, and I certainly didn't feel washed up in any way then, either--I actually felt like I was just hitting my stride on a whole new level. I guess that's different for different people.

FWIW, I am also sometimes attracted to women, although I can't really offer a man's exact perspective on that. I have dated and had sexual relationships with women in the past. I am personally NEVER attracted to young women in their early 20s anymore, I am much more drawn to women--and men, actually--from roughly 30-45. There are two women on these boards (probably more, these are just easy examples), both in their early 40s, who are IMO quite objectively beautiful. They're older than me, and certainly "hotter" than I am. I shall cleverly disguise their identities by referring to them only as C and D :lmao:. I would not actually take them home myself, because I don't really do blondes and I don't actually want sex with everyone I think is beautiful (hence the lack of male perspective, maybe), but I'd be really surprised to hear that either of those ladies had any trouble getting male attention, of all ages. And I would hazard a guess that I personally would find them more attractive now, than I would find their 20-year-old incarnations, if they were standing in front of me. A 20 year old is just too half-formed to my eye, now. Like dough that's golden and just risen, but you know it's still kind of wet and yeasty in the middle, and not yet good to eat.

I am not attracted to those who grade women/themselves just by how they look. Rather yucky idea! I don't see age, just the person behind the eyes. I have always gravitated towards men and women in their forties and fifties due to the presence of confidence and a wisdom borne out of living.

Personally, I have no fear of becoming less attractive to men, don't even think about it.. to be honest it would be good to be left alone a bit. :laugh:

I had thought interest would slow down with age but it has not.

All in all, I think people see age differently now. It is more about ones outlook on life methnks, though this does depend on what circles one moves in. Overall, the mixing of ages within couples means different things in different circles.

OP, I hope you feel better about yourself soon. Maybe you need to do something to make yourself feel sexy? I can feel yucky too when it is time to do something different to my hair.

Chin up girl! Attraction is too subjective to get hung up on! Getting older isn't a big deal. If you take time with yourself and cherish life, the whole getting older thing seems to halt. It's about who you are. Often people look better with age!

Take care,

Eve x

I think the answer to the original question is: 5 years older than your current age.

But seriously, it's all relative. I don't want a 25 or even a 35-yo guy, so I don't have to worry about trying to be appealing to that age group.

The main question is: do I present myself well for my age, among women in my age group? It's not just about looks, but also the way one carries oneself, vibrancy, and all other characteristics of presentation and personality.

White women age faster than asians.

your post makes me want to puke. seriously. get over yourself.

FWIW, I am also sometimes attracted to women, although I can't really offer a man's exact perspective on that. I have dated and had sexual relationships with women in the past. I am personally NEVER attracted to young women in their early 20s anymore, I am much more drawn to women--and men, actually--from roughly 30-45. There are two women on these boards (probably more, these are just easy examples), both in their early 40s, who are IMO quite objectively beautiful. They're older than me, and certainly "hotter" than I am. I shall cleverly disguise their identities by referring to them only as C and D :lmao:.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I feel my ears burning. ;)

And I would hazard a guess that I personally would find them more attractive now, than I would find their 20-year-old incarnations, if they were standing in front of me. A 20 year old is just too half-formed to my eye, now. Like dough that's golden and just risen, but you know it's still kind of wet and yeasty in the middle, and not yet good to eat.

I have a similar outlook (especially when in retrospect, I was a very underdeveloped thing at 20 myself). I still *am* an underdeveloped thing, but at least I can see it now :lmao: ... I clearly recall being in denial and being delusional about it years ago.

A part of me looks forward to trading the rest of my external "beauty" for better "skills, qualities, knowledge and traits". The best thing about being "fit" and "healthy" (to me) is that it allows for one to have a better chance at developing *themselves* longer and in sharing that. Life *can* be more enjoyable when one is not weighed down by diet/life-style related health issues... I certainly appreciate my mobility and flexibility and would be sad if I could no longer hike and run around in nature etc (although there are many people who are afflicted and who still know how to enjoy life and appreciate their time... I find them admirable, there's much to learn there too).

Still, looking good should be a by-product, not the goal. People will live in "unhealthy" ways to achieve external beauty... and is their life really that much more blissful? Being physically attractive to as many people as possible, is that really satisfying? Who cares if people's brains shut off and drown in some kind of generic lustful/envious intoxication for flesh anyway, if they're doing it towards you --- they're going to do it towards another. It's rather their weakness =/...

I've not found it to be satisfying anyway.

Being gorgeous to someone for what you've become, what you've been through, what you've learned, what you've overcome, what your passions are, what you want to do, what mistakes you've made, what you've sacrificed, how you treat others, all of those things and mounds more are just... so much more important than how you *look*.

And besides, there's beauty in scars...

Better to be confident tjhen cry that I'm past my prime because I turned 28 like in the original post. Better to have too much confidence than none.

I thought the same thing of the post. You sound very cocky.

I have always spoke highly of older women actually.

I've noticed that :)

OP, if you look for men and women who believe that women become less desirable with age, you will find them. They exist.

But there also exist MANY men and women who find women beautiful, and desirable, at all ages.

Would you rather partner with the former or the latter? I'm very pleased to have partnered with the latter. I recommend it! :)

At the same time I don't care for women who go on about how older men are all boring old farts with beer bellies. Aging good or bad is about the individual and not the gender.

I turn 28 in December and am beginning to feel as if I am far past my prime. I've always been introverted and have suffered with low self-esteem, but even despite that, I got far more attention from guys when I was in my early 20s than I ever did 25+. The guy I am interested in (who is exactly my age) treats me like a male friend and shows no interest, when in my early 20s I couldn't seem to have a guy friend who WASN'T interested in me to some degree. And I was just as shy (if not more so actually) and insecure as I am now. I haven't gained a lot of weight and don't think I've changed that drastically physically, but apparently I must have, especially reading various opinions online from men stating that women start losing their looks after 25, and most men seem to prefer women 18-22. Would most men on this site agree with that? What age do you feel women start becoming less desirable? I'm wondering if I should start settling at this point and becoming less picky.

You got 2 more years, okay, so hurry up!

You got 2 more years, okay, so hurry up!

:lmao:... if you fail to see how ridiculous that sounds OP...

then I concur.

Two more, go go go.

I haven't read all 7 pages of posts, so my goal here is just to respond to the original post.

Speaking from experience, I can tell you that I get far more attention now, at 27, than I ever did in my early twenties. My body has not changed much, if anything I'm probably marginally less in shape now. Of course I have aged, but I'm told I look young for my age so I don't think that's changed too much either. Based on this, I would say the jump in male (and even female) attention has nothing to do with my looks.

Instead I whole-heartedly believe it's about my attitude. I used to be unhappy, cynical, and very down on myself. I'm not sure what clicked for me but my attitude has changed dramatically over the past year - and so has the reaction I get from men. Suddenly they're coming out of the woodwork, paying me random compliments, buying me drinks and asking me out. Of course I'm not always interested, but the AGES of these men have varied greatly, some younger, some older.

I know how hard it can be to be single, watching your friends settle down while your birthday passes each year and you're still looking. I'm right there with you! But in reality you're so young! Get your head on straight, take care of yourself physically (for health reasons and for self esteem), and try to stop worrying so much and just enjoy your life. I've been told by my friends and family that they can literally see the difference in me. I promise that when you're happy, men of all ages and backgrounds will be drawn to you.

Haha.

Ladies, you have nothing to worry about. In the end we all get wrinkly. Some people do age better than others due to things like skin pigments, whether you smoke or not, lifestyle, etc. But they will still come regardless.

No one wants to feel ugly, and despite what anyone says, everyone always want to feel like "they still got it." The truth is that you do. Just find someone who appreciates it.

Sure you may get less looks in the future, but depending on how much value you put in the looks you get will determine how you handle it. You're more in control than you think.

MrNate has spoken.

your posts are very similiar to his.:confused:

Far from it.

Woggle has issues with women which are very understandable based on his past but he realises this and is addressing this. Whilst he can be overly critical at times, he is often very pro women. He is also capable of having a real relationship with a real woman unlike the poster he is being compared to.

I turn 28 in December and am beginning to feel as if I am far past my prime. I've always been introverted and have suffered with low self-esteem, but even despite that, I got far more attention from guys when I was in my early 20s than I ever did 25+. The guy I am interested in (who is exactly my age) treats me like a male friend and shows no interest, when in my early 20s I couldn't seem to have a guy friend who WASN'T interested in me to some degree. And I was just as shy (if not more so actually) and insecure as I am now. I haven't gained a lot of weight and don't think I've changed that drastically physically, but apparently I must have, especially reading various opinions online from men stating that women start losing their looks after 25, and most men seem to prefer women 18-22. Would most men on this site agree with that? What age do you feel women start becoming less desirable? I'm wondering if I should start settling at this point and becoming less picky.

Sounds to me like it's not age but your attractiveness and perhaps desperation? I mean I'm around your age and almost every single close guy friend of mine wants something more, either sex or relationship. As far as getting hit on, I get hit on the same amount as I was younger I think which is not that often, lol. But I get more looks than I ever did.

I am seriously better looking now, at 47, than I was at 35.

But at 35, I was almost 80 pounds overweight. Now I am just 15 pounds overweight and working hard on those...

At 28, you're still a baby!

Like Carrie I think I look better now than I did at 20. I'm much fitter, in better shape, and more confident than I was when I was younger.

I'm turning 42 in a couple of weeks, and most people are shocked when I tell them my age. It's really all about taking care of yourself. I meet up with my highschool gf's several times a year- and the majority of themselves have let themselves go. It's sad to see. I have people guessing my age anywhere from 30-35- which is cool with me. I've met 30 year old women that look older than I do.

IMO opinion, the age you become less desirable depends on you and how you look after yourself.

At 28, you're still a baby!

Like Carrie I think I look better now than I did at 20. I'm much fitter, in better shape, and more confident than I was when I was younger.

I'm turning 42 in a couple of weeks, and most people are shocked when I tell them my age. It's really all about taking care of yourself. I meet up with my highschool gf's several times a year- and the majority of themselves have let themselves go. It's sad to see. I have people guessing my age anywhere from 30-35- which is cool with me. I've met 30 year old women that look older than I do.

IMO opinion, the age you become less desirable depends on you and how you look after yourself.

Judging from the pictures I've seen of you, you're one of those few women that can pull it off to date guys that are in their 20's and walk away with them. In terms of looks men tend to gravitate towards women younger than themselves, so landing a guy in his 20's would be hard enough to accomplish for a woman in her 30's, let alone for a woman in her 40's. I can count the women who are in their 40's that are able to do that on my fingers.

You still got it D-Lish!