what you wish somebody had told you years ago

Imageiko

Don't have sex until you are 27. And get a well paid career and save your money, because you are going to want to have sex in your 30's and you might have to pay for it.

I would like to add one more to my list above:

7. Be suspicious of high-intensity-instant-connection relationships. "The higher the flame, the faster the burnout."

LOL, yeah I stayed away from my now Hubby for months because of such a connection. Scared the life out of me! As soon as we met, there was nothing I could do to stop the attraction... but it worked out because there had been so much shared between us. I would still say to others to really try to be cautious though.

My advice to my younger self would simply have been that it is ok to be on your own and not bother with relationships. This is what I wanted but felt pressured to be with someone from my past, even though the relationship was mostly rubbish.

The happiest period of my life was when I decided not to bother anymore. It was SUCH a relief. To be honest I had even thought sex to be over rated with consideration to all the bs that came with it.

Within two years I met Hubby and now I can see that really the previous boyfriends were an utter waste of time.

So, it is ok to be 'with yourself' rather than thinking you are alone would be my number one bit of advice.

Also, get a sex aid or two. Don't be embarrased about it. Walk into a reputable shop and take it seriously. Regardless of belief system, I think it is important for a woman to know her own body and take charge of it. Anyhow, I think this helped me avoid stupid, pointless relationships. :)

Take care,

Eve x

I would like to add one more to my list above:

7. Be suspicious of high-intensity-instant-connection relationships. "The higher the flame, the faster the burnout."

Yup, been there, done that. Not a good feeling.