Consolidated Discussion - Older/younger woman/man and age gap dating

It all comes down to how the person looks, their status, success.

John Stamos is 51 years old. If he dated a 30 year old, is that wrong?

Derek Jeter is 40 years old. He's engaged to a 24 year old model. Is that wrong?

People will argue that these men are handsome, rich and famous, so it's acceptable.

I've racked my brain with this topic and believe it's about compatibility not age.

Right.

If both adults are getting what they need from the relationship whose business is it outside that?

• Like 3
Right.

If both adults are getting what they need from the relationship whose business is it outside that?

I agree.

I think those who speak up are ignorant or jealous.

• Like 1
Right.

Fyi, im simeone dating a man 22 years older.

It all comes down to how the person looks, their status, success.

In other words, crapshoot.

John Stamos is 51 years old. If he dated a 30 year old, is that wrong?

Derek Jeter is 40 years old. He's engaged to a 24 year old model. Is that wrong?

People will argue that these men are handsome, rich and famous, so it's acceptable.

I've racked my brain with this topic and believe it's about compatibility not age.

Thats the issue with older guys-each and every older guy out there thinks hes derek jeter simply bc hes a man.

Once again, that age is only a number mostly seems to apply to men...

Thats the issue with older guys-each and every older guy out there thinks hes derek jeter simply bc hes a man.

Not really, it's just that a younger woman isn't automatically a 24 yo model just because she's younger. It tends to even out IMO.

Or to flip it around: "That's the issue with younger women, each and every younger woman out there thinks she's a hot model simply bc she's young."

Not trying to be mean, just pointing out the sword cuts both ways on that one.

Of course most older men are not Dereck Jeter or George Clooney anymore than most older women are Jennifer Lopez or Madonna. These people spend millions to keep on looking like that.

Not really, it's just that a younger woman isn't automatically a 24 yo model just because she's younger. It tends to even out IMO.

Or to flip it around: "That's the issue with younger women, each and every younger woman out there thinks she's a hot model simply bc she's young."

Not trying to be mean, just pointing out the sword cuts both ways on that one.

Maybe not, but she is certainly kore attractive than average 40, 50, or even 70 year old man hitting on her. Average, balding, old, broke dude thinks he is on par with that 24 year old as far as dating.

Would you date a woman 20, 30 years older than yourself?

My thought is... When it comes down to it, I don't want to date hypocrites. If he won't date or marry a woman x number of years older than him, why should I settle for him?

There are guys on OLD trying to get my attention who are x number of years older than my max age range... Yet his max is one year older than himself.

My thought is... Pound sand, MOFO. I don't give a crap what he looks like or how much money he has.

• 2 months later...

Just curious... it seems there are far more women who date and many times marry much older men than the other way around. Why is that ?

When I was in HS it wasn't really uncommon for freshman and sophomore girls cutting class to "hangout" with their boyfriends in their 20's. Dudes had their own cars, Job, and own place to take the girls back to. The boys were mad as hell, those men(because that's what they were) had nice cars, their own place, money etc.. We couldn't compete with that.

"I don't like guys my age, they're too Imature"

Of course he is, he's 15 years old, he's supposed to be immature lol

• Like 1

Cuz like it or not, biology makes women seek out a protector/provider and the older a guy is (usually after 30), tmhe's at a point in his life where he's in a position to treat a eoman good (he has job/career, car, education, stuff).

Also, with age come experience - even in things like the bedroom. An older guy isn't thinking jackhammering is sex. He's also gonna be less selfish and focused on pleasing "you".

He's also dated around and knows how to treat a woman..

Evolutionary synergy... a) older men are often able to provide more resources, which is an evolutionary advantage, and b) younger women are more fertile, choosing them is an evolutionary advantage for men. Male fertility is not an issue. Genes that determine a male's preference for older women tend not to proliferate as well, so the ones preferring younger become the norm.

Michelle ma Belle
Almost 44.

The sweet spot for me seems to be 34/35.

They dig me.:cool:

I've started dipping into the upper 40s and had a date with a 49 yr old that looked better than most early 40s I've gone out with and met.

The only thing I've noticed is a lot of divorced women in their 40s I've gone out with had been married young and for 20 yrs and simply sucked in bed and had no desire to learn to be better.

Younger women are simply more fun in bed.

HA! I call bullsh*t!!

I was one of those women who married young and for 20 years who ended up in a sexless marriage...not of my choosing.

When I finally ended that nonsense I was on FIRE and have been making up for lost time ever since. I am nothing if not open minded, adventurous, eager and willing to learn. A lady in the street and a freak between the sheets as they say.

I've found my sexual groove BIG time the moment I turned 40 and have never looked back. With age comes confidence. I'm in my sexual prime with no end in site. I've outlasted every man I've ever been with and the main reason why I end up dating younger men (25-35). At least they very often have far more stamina and an eagerness to them I have yet to find in a man my age or older.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it :cool:

• Like 1
Just curious... it seems there are far more women who date and many times marry much older men than the other way around. Why is that ?

Money. Nothing more.

Cuz like it or not, biology makes women seek out a protector/provider and the older a guy is (usually after 30), tmhe's at a point in his life where he's in a position to treat a eoman good (he has job/career, car, education, stuff).

Also, with age come experience - even in things like the bedroom. An older guy isn't thinking jackhammering is sex. He's also gonna be less selfish and focused on pleasing "you".

He's also dated around and knows how to treat a woman..

Absolute garbage. Biology has nothing to do with young women seeking out sugar daddies.

Older men buying cocaine and expensive shoes for their sugar babies has about as much to do with biology as the latest call of duty game.

It's all societal programming and nothing more.

Also :lmao: at older men being better 'protectors'!! So a 45 year old guy will definitely better a 25 year old guy in a physical confrontation with all else equal but their age? Yeah, uh huh.

Is this Disney biology or you know, actual scientific biology?

Edited by lino
Spelling errors.
  • Like 1

I've only been with 2 women in my life. The first one was 15 years older than me and the 2nd one was 5 years older than me. Both of them had more issues than a magazine stand.

HA! I call bullsh*t!!

I was one of those women who married young and for 20 years who ended up in a sexless marriage...not of my choosing.

When I finally ended that nonsense I was on FIRE and have been making up for lost time ever since. I am nothing if not open minded, adventurous, eager and willing to learn. A lady in the street and a freak between the sheets as they say.

I've found my sexual groove BIG time the moment I turned 40 and have never looked back. With age comes confidence. I'm in my sexual prime with no end in site. I've outlasted every man I've ever been with and the main reason why I end up dating younger men (25-35). At least they very often have far more stamina and an eagerness to them I have yet to find in a man my age or older.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it :cool:

And every woman who sucked in bed talked themselves up like if they tossed their vagina into the air it would turn into sunshine. :rolleyes:

I suggest the lady boasts WAAAYYY too much.

Michelle ma Belle
And every woman who sucked in bed talked themselves up like if they tossed their vagina into the air it would turn into sunshine. :rolleyes:

I suggest the lady boasts WAAAYYY too much.

LOL you're hilarious!

Not boasting but merely stating a fact. Isn't that what forums are for after all? I've read your posts and you're no stranger to some self-promotion yourself. Funny how that goes :rolleyes:

My actions speak louder than my words. No boasting required.

• Like 1
Male fertility is not an issue..

It is an issue. There are a lot of research articles to choose from, but this one seems comprehensive The effects of advanced paternal age on fertility

APA carries both known84 and unknown risks. Testicular function and sperm quality deteriorate with age. The development of ARTs, such as IVF with intracytoplasmic sperm injection, has allowed even the oldest of males, with the poorest of semen quality, to achieve conception. The risks involved, however, are only partially understood.84,85,86,87 The offspring of fathers with APA exhibit increased rates of genetic abnormalities, cancers, autism and other psychiatric disorders.1 Current practice guidelines9 highlight a wide range of genetic disorders that may be increased with APA

(APA= advanced paternal age)

• Like 3

So, when Melania gave birth to Barron Trump in 2006, she was ~36 and Donald was ~59, so older than me, and she was roughly 23 years younger than him. Quite an age gap. Apparently the Donald is an epitome of a fertility god, siring children at such an advanced age, not to mention with an over the hill at 36 wife.

I've changed my mind. If I run into someone younger whom I get along with, I won't dismiss them as being too young anymore. Heck, I don't dismiss older ladies as being too old, so live a little. Screw society and its rules. Heck, just screw society. Heh.

It is an issue. There are a lot of research articles to choose from, but this one seems comprehensive The effects of advanced paternal age on fertility

(APA= advanced paternal age)

Yep, and let's not forget the much higher risk of autism and mental disorders stemming primarily from advanced PATERNAL age. The risk also increases with an increasing age gap. Compared to a 25 yr old, a man who is 45 has more than three times higher chance to have offspring with autism, 13 times more for ADHD, and 25 times more for bi polar disorder... Lower IQ and higher rate of substance abuse, and schizophrenia were also listed.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/study-ties-dad’s-age-risk-autism-other-mental-disorders-kids

I am sure the guys have a hard time believing this... Now we are learning that male genes and the health of them have a very strong relationship to a child's mental health. Which is good.

Having dads who are old enough to be grandpas don't really help the gene pool unless he's the last man on the planet. Like, literally. And guys like trump can afford all the extra therapy and medical care for their kid... Besides, his kids will never have to do anything productive in their lives... Ever.

Edited by RedRobin
  • Like 2
So, when Melania gave birth to Barron Trump in 2006, she was ~36 and Donald was ~59, so older than me, and she was roughly 23 years younger than him. Quite an age gap. Apparently the Donald is an epitome of a fertility god, siring children at such an advanced age, not to mention with an over the hill at 36 wife.

I've changed my mind. If I run into someone younger whom I get along with, I won't dismiss them as being too young anymore. Heck, I don't dismiss older ladies as being too old, so live a little. Screw society and its rules. Heck, just screw society. Heh.

The medical journal article findings are based on research, of course, and not anecdote.

As the journal article states, modern medical interventions mean that pretty much any man can conceive, but the risks of APA may be more heavily carried by the woman (increased chance of repeated IVF, increased chance of miscarriage) and the child (increased chance of genetic abnormalities, cancers, autism, and psychiatric disorders being some of the known risks).

Both older men and older women have greater fertility success with a younger partner. It is the younger partner accepting reduced fertility chances by choosing an older partner.

• Like 2

The convention has always been that it's ok for a guy to be a little older than a girl. Used to be much more drastic back in the day but it's still what I see most of the time.

But what about the other way? And I'm talking about a sizeable difference here, like 5-10 years apart. Have any of you had a similar experience. Is it weird in any way?

A lot of people will tell you that age is just a number.

I had a relationship like that, and it was great in the beginning. He turned out to be a boy in a man's body with the emotional intelligence of a pubescent teen.

Everyone is different but the result is always the same, no one stops aging and the age gap will never closed, physical age is what will eventually matter most. Depending on the age of the couple, A guy may want something out of life that an older woman wouldn't be able to give him, in most cases it's kids.

Older man, younger woman works. Why? Women mature faster and the kids factor.

Younger man, older woman can work but men tend to go for that young beauty, and want that option to have kids. An older woman might not want kids.

Fun Fact: Actor, Hugh Jackman is 13 years younger than his wife.

• Like 2