Will you wait few months for sex for a girl?

conehead

somebody. is there a way to hide people's posts. im using the alert us button to try and get some posts taken off but it would be easier to hide all posts from the mysogynists.

Click on username > View Public Profile > User Lists > Add to Ignore list.

You're welcome.

Why any guy would want to be in a monogamous relationship if there's no sex is beyond me. I like sex. I like sex with my partner. If she doesn't want sex, then I still like sex. If you know what I mean.

If she doesn't want sex, then why should I have to suffer? It's her choice and she is ofcourse totally free to make that, but why should she be able to take away my choice? :confused: Why should a person abstain from sex just because his partner wants to abstain? Isn't the person that wants exclusivity without compensations, knowing her partner has a normal sexual appetite, knowingly and willingly being cruel towards him? And why should being cruel in a relationship ever be tolerated?

This is a serious question, not a trollpost

For the record, I've never had a relationship that lasted over a month, and I fortunately haven't been in one with any frigid girls, as I'm sure it wouldn't have worked out and wouldn't have been a pleasant experience.

Why any guy would want to be in a monogamous relationship if there's no sex is beyond me. I like sex. I like sex with my partner. If she doesn't want sex, then I still like sex. If you know what I mean.

If she doesn't want sex, then why should I have to suffer? It's her choice and she is ofcourse totally free to make that, but why should she be able to take away my choice? :confused: Why should a person abstain from sex just because his partner wants to abstain? Isn't the person that wants exclusivity without compensations, knowing her partner has a normal sexual appetite, knowingly and willingly being cruel towards him? And why should being cruel in a relationship ever be tolerated?

This is a serious question, not a trollpost

For the record, I've never had a relationship that lasted over a month, and I fortunately haven't been in one with any frigid girls, as I'm sure it wouldn't have worked out and wouldn't have been a pleasant experience.

Because for some of us, it actually takes a couple of months to establish a monogamous LTR, and that's what we require to have sex? Ain't rocket science.

Have you ever thought that the reason you haven't had a R that lasted over a month was because you were weeding out all the LTR-minded girls? :o No offense, but a girl who has sex with you on Day 1 is usually not LTR-minded. She will most likely be more interested in just having casual fun/NSA sex.

If someone bailed on you because of that, it isn't because he's shallow, it's because of sexual incompatibility. Think of it as of screening - you see shallowness (hey, if it makes you feel good, keep telling yourself that!), I see low sex drive to the point relationship could never work - imagine frustration several months down the road.

Hon, you have a lot to learn. ;) How quickly a woman agrees to have sex and how often she likes to have sex while in a regular relationship with you (ie, sex drive) is often unrelated.

That's exactly how I feel.

I'm in no rush at all to have sex. All I want to know is that sex is possible, then I'll be happy waiting.

I just don't know what modern women expect. As in how quickly the guy should push for sex. I once had a couple of dates with a girl (not the one I always talk about) and people told me that she thought I was a pussy for not trying to kiss her or more by the second date.

I also agree with you about building intimacy and trust over time. Also, even though I've never had sex in a relationship, I know I'd be a completely giving lover. Now if only she would let me touch her.

BTW, Elswyth, why haven't you posted in my thread yet?

Posted. :) I think different women expect different things. Some women, often with low self-esteem, wonder if a guy isn't attracted to her if he isn't trying to get into her pants on Day 1. Some, like me, expect a guy to try once we have the closeness, trust and intimacy bit sorted. Others from very traditional cultures don't expect you to even try til you're married.

I say, go with what you feel comfortable with on your own. You could also have just sent me the pic anyway, I wouldn't have minded. ;)

I didn't say no. :)

Maybe you're cute enough to wait for ;) and I agree with those other things, too.

Great to hear that. ;)

Hon, you have a lot to learn. ;) How quickly a woman agrees to have sex and how often she likes to have sex while in a regular relationship with you (ie, sex drive) is often unrelated.
Ooookay, time to put your hypothesis through test. Trick question:

While actively denyng sex to your relationship prospect, do you go for sexual gratification with other men (or women for that matter - presumably in more casual relation either way)? Or do you masturbate on a daily basis?

Have you ever thought that the reason you haven't had a R that lasted over a month was because you were weeding out all the LTR-minded girls? :o No offense, but a girl who has sex with you on Day 1 is usually not LTR-minded. She will most likely be more interested in just having casual fun/NSA sex.
Given your "know-it-all" attitude, I find this bit actually hilarious, because one couple of people I know, who met at the party rather drunk (with obvious implication of sex), recently got married. In fact most couples I know are either high school sweethearts, or met at the party drunk and had crazy night. So you definitely need to revise that one too. Edited by rafallus
Because for some of us, it actually takes a couple of months to establish a monogamous LTR, and that's what we require to have sex? Ain't rocket science.

So you say you basically get into a relationship without there being any sexual tension when you start, and that it has to build up as the relationship progresses? Fair enough, honestly hadn't considered this, I'm glad this works for you but I'm pretty sure it could never work for me. I like the raw attraction from the start, the knowing you both want it and it will happen, soon. That's where the fun of dating lies imo.

No offence at all taken btw.

GoodOnPaper
While actively denyng sex to your relationship prospect, do you go for sexual gratification with other men (or women for that matter - presumably in more casual relation either way)?

This is exactly the question that comes to my mind when a woman seems to be going against the flow of the budding relationship to "wait". If the answer is yes, it's very insulting to the "relationship prospect". He will justifiably think that the woman is more attracted to the players she is having casual sex with even when she says that she really wants a relationship.

See I wonder about guys with attitudes like this - what IS your attitude about sex and why would it affect us past the first 2 months of waiting?

I'm very sexually open, happy to try new things, like to have sex often and am very generous, once I'm in a committed relationship. I do think sex is important and I do think that it is nice to have an element of trust before you have sex. So I'd want to wait at least a month - 2 months before having sex.

I can't see how this could not be compatible with someone who actually liked me and wanted a relationship with me?

It seems the only guys who wouldn't hang around would be guys who wouldn't have hung around for 2 months with the sex either. (as in they would probably only be after a 1 night stand or an unexclusive **** buddy type arrangement).

Considering the question asked - would you wait 2 months.. i can only assume that the OP is referring to 2 people in a relationship (otherwise obviously the answer must be a no.. who would wait 2 months to have sex with a sex buddy).

So I'm confused, please let me know how your attitude differs to mine about sex in a way that would affect us past you being horny for 2 months?

(for the record I have never had a problem with guys not wanting to wait, so I am curious).

Well I can tell you wher we differ.....

The fact that

a) You think 2 months is long enough to develop any sort of "trust" sets bells off.

b) your statements seem to imply that you might put too much stock in "trust"; thus thinking that it may protect you from something (it wont)..

You would just come across as a person who is just on a different wave length than I....I wouldnt understand your thought process and If I'm not getting you now I likely wont get you later.

Men who want sex to soon are disgusting. And I am a man, men who say stuff like if she doesnt want sex within a few weeks or whatever theyll move on gives the rest of us a bad name..

Explain the bolded because it makes zero sense to me

The less focus you put on sex the more she will like you.

perhaps...but it all depends on how you do it.

The danger there is if you put forth the message that sex isnt important to you, you may find yourself in a bad sitatuion later on where you are being sexually starved.

Is it possible to convey a strong interest in sexual intimacy without penile penetration? Or is dickinsider the holy grail and no other methodology is congruent?

delilah123
This. EVERY TIME I "took it slow" with a woman it did not end well.

Once I switched it up to:

Until I am in a relationship I consider myself single. free to do what I want, when I want & with who I want.

I do not answer to anyone.

Sex only guarantees I won't sleep with anyone else & gives her a chance to prove to me she is relationship worthy.

Basically after the 3rd or 4th date if they want more of my time there is going to have to be sex.

Period.

Otherwise, I got better things to do.

My quality of life has drastically improved since I made those changes. (no frustrations)

I get more stuff done because i'm not wasting my time on women that just want my attention.

ew. so you play games with a girl now? "I'll sleep with other girls unless you sleep with me."

I was so so impressed when my exboyfriend (ex for reasons seperate to our love for eachother) told me he was interested and wanted to see where things would go.

I told him okay let's go on a date.

As we were friends previously i knew he was occasionally sleeping with other people and sleeping with one girl in particular (it was only sex, fwb type thing).

So I think after our first date I just asked, "so are you still seeing Lucy"

and his response was "god no, why would I keep sleeping with other girls when I told you I was interested. I'm interested in you not Lucy."

I only had one thought an that was, classy.

If he had kept sleeping with Lucy until we slept together (around 6 weeks later), he wouldn't have seemed very invested in the relationship at all.

The fact that I dont like jumping into bed with someone though, is not a reflection of my investment in the relationship, it's a reflection of the importance I place on sex. If a guy has a rule like yours, it basically says to me that unless you are getting sex from me you could be doing better. So that suggests you value personliity/relationship low and the sex aspect far higher. If you are only interested in sex and without it 'could do better' than you probably should invest in a fwb style thing rather than wasting time and money taking girls out on dates.

delilah123
If someone bailed on you because of that, it isn't because he's shallow, it's because of sexual incompatibility. Think of it as of screening - you see shallowness (hey, if it makes you feel good, keep telling yourself that!), I see low sex drive to the point relationship could never work - imagine frustration several months down the road.

Er see this is what some poeple in this thread keep missing and then keep missing good girls because of it.

I have a high sex drive. I also am capable of restraining myself for 6-8 weeks even if I want to rip his clothes off because I value sex and think it's too important to do it with someone without knowing them as well as I'd like to first.

It doesn't mean I don't want sex twice a day every day once we start doing it, it doesn't mean I don't love to give bjs and be adventurous in the bedroom. You are doing yourself a disservice by making the blanket statement that anyone who values sex or likes to have a certain level of trust and intamcy before sex therefore is no good in bed or has a low sex drive.

Er see this is what some poeple in this thread keep missing and then keep missing good girls because of it.

I have a high sex drive. I also am capable of restraining myself for 6-8 weeks even if I want to rip his clothes off because I value sex and think it's too important to do it with someone without knowing them as well as I'd like to first.

It doesn't mean I don't want sex twice a day every day once we start doing it, it doesn't mean I don't love to give bjs and be adventurous in the bedroom. You are doing yourself a disservice by making the blanket statement that anyone who values sex or likes to have a certain level of trust and intamcy before sex therefore is no good in bed or has a low sex drive.

Nobody is missing your point....

Yeah there may be some girls out there that see sexual relations the way you do....but lets be honest the vast majority of people who are sexually active and have a healthy view of sex dont play waiting games. They are confident in what they want and more often than not dont see the point in the waiting game because there is no real benefit..... and the ones who do want to play the wait game I'm willing to bet more often than not do have some hang up of some sort with sex.

As the old saying goes....where theres smoke theres fire.

So how are we to know whos who? ... sure we could ask but its all just words...which dont count for much so why bother. What your saying could just be words as far as the recipient is concerned...

so we defer to another old saying "actions speak louder than words"..... I hear the words "I want to wait" and I head for the hills because probabilities say this wont go well....I could be wrong but we're not at a loss for girls...plenty of fish in the sea so what the hell.

Probabilities...likelihoods...we all play this game...even women.

A woman hears "I'm 35, unemployed and live in my mom's basement" and shes audi 5000...why? "loser alert" right? I mean they could be wrong and he is a gripping, awesome guy who is on the cusp of turning everything around (happens all the time...maybe he has a good reason and is making good moves) but they are arent hanging around to find out right?

Ooookay, time to put your hypothesis through test. Trick question:

While actively denyng sex to your relationship prospect, do you go for sexual gratification with other men (or women for that matter - presumably in more casual relation either way)? Or do you masturbate on a daily basis?

Given your "know-it-all" attitude, I find this bit actually hilarious, because one couple of people I know, who met at the party rather drunk (with obvious implication of sex), recently got married. In fact most couples I know are either high school sweethearts, or met at the party drunk and had crazy night. So you definitely need to revise that one too.

Oh come on. I could also say that most of the happy couples I know actually waited til engagement or marriage to have sex. Does that matter? It's just your social circle and mine. There can be happy couples anywhere. All I said was that a woman's sex drive in a relationship does not necessarily correlate with how eager she is to put out prior to a relationship even starting. Being accepting of casual sex is not the same as having a low sex drive.

Yes, before we commit to a monogamous LTR, I masturbate as I do when I'm single. Which I am, at that point. And I don't 'actively deny sex' to anyone. The guys I'm attracted to usually believe in taking things slow and waiting for an actual committed relationship, too. Just because you consider dating a 'waste of your time' if you don't get insta-sex, doesn't mean every guy does.

So you say you basically get into a relationship without there being any sexual tension when you start, and that it has to build up as the relationship progresses? Fair enough, honestly hadn't considered this, I'm glad this works for you but I'm pretty sure it could never work for me. I like the raw attraction from the start, the knowing you both want it and it will happen, soon. That's where the fun of dating lies imo.

No offence at all taken btw.

Hrm. So when do you actually consider yourself in a monogamous relationship? On the first night itself, since the sexual tension is there? Or do you have sex first, and then only consider whether you even want the relationship or not? When do you do the STD/birth control talk? Surely you must do that before you actually have sex? But isn't it weird to do that with someone you literally just met?

I have never been sexually attracted to a guy (as in wanting to jump his bones) before I get to know his mind and personality deeply. First few dates are usually just getting to know each other.

Hrm. So when do you actually consider yourself in a monogamous relationship? On the first night itself, since the sexual tension is there? Or do you have sex first, and then only consider whether you even want the relationship or not?

It depends. Usually not the day or night of meeting, obviously.

When do you do the STD/birth control talk? Surely you must do that before you actually have sex? But isn't it weird to do that with someone you literally just met?

We don't. I make sure I always got condoms nearby, there's no way I'm having sex without one anyway. Besides, talking about sex without having had sex first is a huge turnoff, you might as well negotiate the positions you're gonna do.

I have never been sexually attracted to a guy (as in wanting to jump his bones) before I get to know his mind and personality deeply. First few dates are usually just getting to know each other.

Aww that's pretty sad...

That's only part of the question.

What about masturbation? Do you do that on roughly a daily basis? Or do you restrain from that too?

Yes, before we commit to a monogamous LTR, I masturbate as I do when I'm single. Which I am, at that point. And I don't 'actively deny sex' to anyone. The guys I'm attracted to usually believe in taking things slow and waiting for an actual committed relationship, too. Just because you consider dating a 'waste of your time' if you don't get insta-sex, doesn't mean every guy does.
How often actually? That's pretty vital question for your little "not having sex for several months, but having a high sex drive otherwise" hypothesis. Edited by rafallus
It depends. Usually not the day or night of meeting, obviously.

We don't. I make sure I always got condoms nearby, there's no way I'm having sex without one anyway. Besides, talking about sex without having had sex first is a huge turnoff, you might as well negotiate the positions you're gonna do.

Aww that's pretty sad...

Eh, I disagree that it's sad. :) I find my attraction more of a slow-burning, slow-rising one, like a cauldron on a slow fire. As I'm sexually attracted to deeper parts of a person than just the first impression, I find it lasts longer and is more constant. It won't disappear if they gain weight, or dress down, or change their style. Have been with a guy for 3+ years now and am still hot for him. Judging from these forums, that's a long time to remain sexually attracted to someone.

Then again, I'm sure there are people who can have sizzling chemistry without even knowing a person, and still remain attracted to that same person years later. I don't pretend to know how, though.

Condoms really do not protect you from all STDs. Then again, as long as you're taking that risk with your eyes wide open, who am I to judge? Also, being the guy, unwanted pregnancies (which happen with relative frequency in people who use only condoms) are probably less a concern as well for you.

That's only part of the question.

What about masturbation? Do you do that on roughly a daily basis? Or do you restrain from that too?

How often actually? That's pretty vital question for your little "not having sex for several months, but having a high sex drive otherwise" hypothesis.

Every day or so.

You have an extremely narrow view of sex, IMO.

I also think it's incredibly sad that society (American society, at least) went full circle from judging people for having sex before marriage, to judging people for not having sex by date 3. Whatever happened to a happy medium? Sexual freedom isn't just about the freedom to HAVE sex. It's also about the freedom to choose to wait if you prefer.

Fortunately I don't live in American society.

Anyhow, I just posted my experiences to let the girls who might feel intimidated by the male responses here, to know that it's possible to have a guy love you enough to wait, or even prefer to wait, himself. If you're a woman who genuinely enjoys sex on the first date, great for you, go for it. But if you're a woman feeling pressured into having sex early on just because guys on this forum clamor that it's manipulative, frigid, etc, etc to wait... don't. I'm pretty sure the aftermath of having sex when you didn't really want to yourself, especially if the guy just loses interest after, would be a pretty hard hit on your self-esteem.

That's my message, anyway. Not really interested anymore in defending my POV, which has so far worked very well for me.

Edited by Elswyth
Every day or so.

You have an extremely narrow view of sex, IMO.

I think that answers all of my questions. Recap:

You purposefully devoid yourself of sex in favor of masturbation and try to insult everyone who doesn't share your view, attaching extraneous labels based on their attitude toward sex.

Pointless. But hey, it's your life. Just don't think that you're superior human being in any way because of that.

I also think it's incredibly sad that society (American society, at least) went full circle from judging people for having sex before marriage, to judging people for not having sex by date 3. Whatever happened to a happy medium? Sexual freedom isn't just about the freedom to HAVE sex. It's also about the freedom to choose to wait if you prefer.
Pot, kettle, black. ;) Edited by rafallus
Disillusioned

I can wait until the day after forever. I don't need a sex fix, so by "withholding" it from me, a woman is only fooling herself.

The ball is entirely in my court. I choose whether she's worth pursuing or not.

I think that answers all of my questions. Recap:

You purposefully devoid yourself of sex in favor of masturbation and try to insult everyone who doesn't share your view, attaching extraneous labels based on their attitude toward sex.

Pointless. But hey, it's your life. Just don't think that you're superior human being in any way because of that.

Pot, kettle, black. ;)

Really? Kindly check the thread and remind me where I insulted people who consensually agree on having sex early. Whoops, no, couldn't find any, because I didn't. My 'insults' were solely aimed towards those who judge a woman falsely as 'frigid', 'manipulative', 'having a low sex drive' etc, solely because she chooses to wait for a LTR to have sex. If a guy comes right out and said 'I like casual sex on the first date and I'd like a woman who thinks likewise' or 'I'm really just looking to get laid, having a relationship is secondary' instead of spouting that 'I can't be bothered to waste my time dating a frigid bitch' crapola I wouldn't have said anything to him.

If judging people for judging others unfairly is wrong, no one could ever call someone out for any sort of prejudice, could they?

And pfft. If I'd answered 'I don't masturbate', you would've said 'Well see, you have a low sex drive, thus proving my point'. Yes, I 'devoid' myself of sex outside a committed relationship in order to masturbate. No loss of mine, really. If a guy can't commit to an LTR before having sex, I'm not interested in having sex with him.

Anyhow, you're nitpicking on red herrings and completely missing the point of my post. All I am trying to do is tell women that they need not be afraid of the judgements levied by the guys here on women who don't have sex early in the dating process, because not all men think like that. If you think there's something wrong with that, you have a problem.

I can wait until the day after forever. I don't need a sex fix, so by "withholding" it from me, a woman is only fooling herself.

The ball is entirely in my court. I choose whether she's worth pursuing or not.

I wonder why some people assume that people who wait a little to have sex are doing it solely for the purpose of 'withholding' it from their partner.

Edited by Elswyth

so we defer to another old saying "actions speak louder than words"..... I hear the words "I want to wait" and I head for the hills because probabilities say this wont go well....I could be wrong but we're not at a loss for girls...plenty of fish in the sea so what the hell.

Yep. Like I said "I want to take it slow" = I need an emotional tampon while I look for someone I REALLY want to have sex with.

Forever Learning

oh God that last comment 'Emotional Tampon' cracked me up.

well i just wanted to say that i had sex on the first date with both my ex's.

the first relationship lasted 7 years, we were engaged. (mostly happy relationship).

the second relationship lasted 15 years, we were married. (mostly unhappy relationship, we are divorcing).

so i am just saying, there are folks who have sex on the first date who do end up in long term relationships.

for me, in the future, i do NOT plan to have sex on the first date.

the age old problem is, i tend to bond with that person through sex (more common with women - bonding to a man, through sex) and i realize i need to take time in the future to get to know the person better and not just act on the impulse of my hormones. I also have more knowledge now (at age 42) of the personality traits I am looking for (honesty, integrity, kindness, affection) then back when I was in my twenties (I was clueless just horny and naive).

Yep. Like I said "I want to take it slow" = I need an emotional tampon while I look for someone I REALLY want to have sex with.

It's terribly sad that this has been your experience with women. Really though, not all of us are bitches like that.

oh God that last comment 'Emotional Tampon' cracked me up.

well i just wanted to say that i had sex on the first date with both my ex's.

the first relationship lasted 7 years, we were engaged. (mostly happy relationship).

the second relationship lasted 15 years, we were married. (mostly unhappy relationship, we are divorcing).

so i am just saying, there are folks who have sex on the first date who do end up in long term relationships.

for me, in the future, i do NOT plan to have sex on the first date.

the age old problem is, i tend to bond with that person through sex (more common with women - bonding to a man, through sex) and i realize i need to take time in the future to get to know the person better and not just act on the impulse of my hormones. I also have more knowledge now (at age 42) of the personality traits I am looking for (honesty, integrity, kindness, affection) then back when I was in my twenties (I was clueless just horny and naive).

Of course they exist, but from what I've noticed, folks who've jumped into bed with every first date they have tend to swing towards the more casual side of things. Nothing wrong with that if that's what they both enjoy though.

The bolded is precisely what I mean. :) How many women have felt crushed, heartbroken, used, because they had sex with the guy really early and he then disappeared, the thrill of the chase gone? This doesn't seem to be a problem for guys, but it definitely is for women. It's all about protecting your own emotional health if you think you would feel that way if something like that happens to you.

delilah123
Nobody is missing your point....

Yeah there may be some girls out there that see sexual relations the way you do....but lets be honest the vast majority of people who are sexually active and have a healthy view of sex dont play waiting games. They are confident in what they want and more often than not dont see the point in the waiting game because there is no real benefit..... and the ones who do want to play the wait game I'm willing to bet more often than not do have some hang up of some sort with sex.

As the old saying goes....where theres smoke theres fire.

So how are we to know whos who? ... sure we could ask but its all just words...which dont count for much so why bother. What your saying could just be words as far as the recipient is concerned...

A woman hears "I'm 35, unemployed and live in my mom's basement" and shes audi 5000...why? "loser alert" right? I mean they could be wrong and he is a gripping, awesome guy who is on the cusp of turning everything around (happens all the time...maybe he has a good reason and is making good moves) but they are arent hanging around to find out right?

It's not about playing games for me. I'm not "Withholding" anything. I don't feel comfortable having sex with someone I don't know as a person. It isn't a game to me, that's WHY I want to wait.

And if the guy takes the attitude that there are "plenty of fish in the sea" and bails because I don't sleep with him after the 2nd or 3rd date.. then obviously the relationship would never have gone far.. if he didn't like me enough to hang out with me without sex, then jesus how much can he have liked me anyway.

... also to the person who asks erm i'm not comfortable giving you a detailed description of my sex life/masturbation habits, but you can rest assured I don't go longer than a day without some form of gratification.

Yes or no?

Conehead, I see you haven't posted in this thread since asking the question. What's your own view on this? Are you keeping your guy waiting? Is that making the relationship better, or are you both just missing out?