Abstinence

DreamerGirl27

I don't know. I am just glad that these things (abstinence) is down to individual choice. Experience is the real test. What else can be said?

All and all, do what you feel is right Dreamer. Most of us have some level of conscience to direct us. Whether you want to attribute this to God or not really is part of the journey. Try not to get too caught up in opinions, life is best lived than talked about methinks. :laugh:

As long as you treat yourself and others well, power to you. If you don't, expect problems.

Hope you sort it out soon because you are nearly 30. Can't you just put all this energy into making some sort of sculpture or something? I am assuming you are an artsy type, hence your constant reflections.

Developing your own direction in the face of competing paths is the challenge of life methinks. I don't think any of us get to bypass this. It is just how it is..

Anyhow, I am not as concerned for you as I was before. I was concerned that you were a bit of a target here and I do tend to lean towards defending the underdog within such instances. Mainly because I think it is ok to not be sure about what you believe... but you don't seem distraught or anything.

So, cool. I really hope you find what you are looking for and have the courage to chase after it with everything good within you.

All the best,

Take care,

Eve x

• Author
DreamerGirl27

Thanks for continually being nice, Eve.

You are one of the better people on these boards.

"Indian" is offensive. Chris Columbus called Natives "Indians" because he thought the was in India.

Up here in the great white north, Indians are referred to as "Natives". If one speaks of "Indians", they are referring to East Indians.

I like to be called "black" and I refer to whites as just that-WHITE.

You cannot be called "caucasion" because such a race is non existent. :lmao:

Some gay people would be offended by your use of the word "gay".

Dreamergirl's world consists of Dreamergirl. I've given up asking for any sensitivity, maturity, or growth in terms of offensive terms.

It's incredible there are some still here who insist she's simply being attacked for being a Christian! It's absolutely amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I would seriously, seriously advise that you read up on stuff to do with sexuality and go buy a toy or two. This is not meant to be nasty to you or owt like that.

Sexual tension can eat a person up.

I think you have to make very definite and specific moves in order to get to where you want to go but pray always that God lead and protect you as you venture out and try new things.

lmao, what makes you think I don't have one (or two)? :cool:

Are you sure god will be okay with it?

lmao, seriously? you actually asked that...no wonder I think you all are trolls.

FYI, God has nothing against masturbation. He isn't some strict fuddy duddy who expects you to be non-sexual.

Good that you're using that "relief" valve. Some of us wondered.

As the other poster said, you can find some satisfaction that way.

It may help relieve some of your sexual tension.

Like you said, nothing at all wrong with MB'ing. Admit I used to feel guilty about it. Yes, I MB'd a lot. Still do bec. of circumstances (living with a spouse who doesn't want it more than once a week -- or less:( -- read the thread I started).

Was trying to recall when I started MB'ing. Earliest could remember was at 18-19 in college, when I MB'd heavily...

Funny how this was after I had sex at 17 ( wayyyyyy too early and I regret that, read my posts).. Usually, it's the other way around...

Now, DreamerGirl, you are confusing.

You post how you're this "Good Christian girl" who wants or is trying to herself for marriage and then you post you're not and it doesn't really matter to you...

Got news for you:

"Good Christian Girls" have sex drives too and can still be "good" even if they have sex before marriage. That's natural and a part of life, esp. for sex-starved men and women in their late 20s and 30s.

If you feel guilt about getting sexually involved before engagement, try some "everything... but" or OS or "manual" sex --- short of going all the way.

I did that with a couple of women in my late 20s who weren't quite ready for the "ultimate act" with me....

Is certainly more fulfilling than MB'ing but not as "committed" or "binding" as the ultimate act...

Edited by Floridaman
  • 2 weeks later...
there is nothing sinful about what you posted...not even going to touch that subject any further.

Furthermore, I need to find a guy I like that likes me back and that has never happened to me in my entire 26 years. I only have experience with unrequited love on either side.

Didn't say that activity was "sinful."

Was merely posting how some Christian women (and men) feel.

Many of us thought you needed some "relief" so was posting in that vein... (Yes, some people think MB'ing is "dirty.").

Didn't need to be slapped there.

• 1 month later...
This needs to be enforced more in everyone's lives.
To be honest I really don't really care that much about abstinence. I think it teaches you nothing about safe sex when you feel ready and there is no real purpose other than ''Oh don't do it, wait till marriage''.

IMO I find it ridiculous to need legal papers signed (marriage) in order to have complete intimacy in a relationship. But I guess whatever suits someone.... just not my style.

Edited by samsungxoxo
** bumped **

Why'd you feel the need to do that?

We haven't seen dreamer girl in months.

Maybe she got laid?

She developed another username IIRC. I can't remember what it was.

Topically, the same nun who taught 'abstinence' to me back in the 60's also taught 'safer sex'. So, by the time I hit high school, I knew all about the 'pill', condoms and STD's (of that era). So much for traditional Catholic education ;)

Why'd you feel the need to do that?

We haven't seen dreamer girl in months.

Bumped to keep the thread alive. Threads close after 60 days of no new posts.

Was searching for something else and came across it in my subscribed posts.

She developed another username IIRC. I can't remember what it was.

GuitarPlayer27. That one got banned. All her posts are wiped clean and gone.

Maybe she got laid?

Nope. She's stickin' to her principles.

She and I keep in email contact.

Sensing she was close to gettin' banned, I gave her a generic, web-based email I use for groups, a yahoo acct., which protects both parties' privacy.