Abstinence

DreamerGirl27

Sometimes it can be a healthy choice. I wouldn't recommend it as a life-long one, though. 32 months and few polite offers declined. No regrets.

Some times I think you might be a troll. You just say something like that for a reaction because you had nothing to back it up. I’m just going to assume you mean abstinence from sex until married. By doing this you just push people to get married young and quick. Like engaged while in High School after dating for under half a year. Abstinence programs have been proven to promote teen pregnancy.

This needs to be enforced more in everyone's lives.

Why?

"1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

• Author
DreamerGirl27
You're not qualified enough to tell people what to do with their sexual endeavours.

Correction...abstinence education.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
Some times I think you might be a troll. You just say something like that for a reaction because you had nothing to back it up. I’m just going to assume you mean abstinence from sex until married. By doing this you just push people to get married young and quick. Like engaged while in High School after dating for under half a year. Abstinence programs have been proven to promote teen pregnancy.

what's your source? I didn't date in high school. I was too busy being a kid. People aren't even old enough to date til their 30. You don't know who you are. Your 20's are about finding yourself, not boinking everything that moves. Unless you are already successful in a career, you should be focusing on that.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
Why?

"1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

Because it empowers women. And makes it so men aren't allowed to be womanizers.

• Author
DreamerGirl27

and it cuts down on the over abundance of population if people would be more picky about who they sleep with. and things like STD's...unwanted pregnancies...aids.

if you would wait til you're in a happily committed marriage

PelicanPete

I only do it with a person I know I'm in love with, which has only happened once so far. It is called making love after all.

I have no desire to force my own philosophy on other people though. If their actions don't directly affect me I have no say in what they can and cannot do. They have their own reasons and beliefs, just like I have mine. Attacking them only shows insecurity.

The UK has really high levels of teen pregnancy and research shows that anal sex and multiple partners are becoming part of the relationship cycle for young people. But, no, we don't have that here.. abstinence education. The focus is on making better choices. I don't think even that will work. Society is basically ****ed. It has not morphed into some great free flowing thing at all. I would say that the kids now are pretty much unable to make choices without considering what some celebrity would do. It is all about social capital, not love.

As for experience of abstinence. My daughter went out with an American guy last year and he was into the whole abstinence thing. As a Mum I felt somewhat relieved becaue she was quite bad at around that time - but she dumped him within a month because he was talking about getting married and everything.

She is 16 years old and can't even keep her bedroom tidy, never mind get married. So, I don't know, it works for some but could not possibly work for others due to lack of maturity.

I practised abstinence for a time before meeting my Hubby and it helped to wipe the slate clean from past lovers, so personally I do not have a problem with it as a choice.

If a person wants this, they should do it.. but it s unlikely to succeed unless the person wants it to.. same as anyting else really.

I have focused my energy on helping my daughter to try out different types of contraception and passing her exams (early :bunny:) as is what I think she should be doing at her age. I am sure there will be plenty of time for her to learn all about making love later. In this regard she has chosen abstinence but without a partner being present. :laugh:

Take care,

Eve x

Edited by Eve
  • Author
DreamerGirl27
The UK has really high levels of teen pregnancy and research shows that anal sex and multiple partners are becoming part of the relationship cycle for young people. But, no, we don't have that here.. abstinence education. The focus is on making better choices. I don't think even that will work. Society is basically ****ed. It has not morphed into some great free flowing thing at all. I would say that the kids now are pretty much unable to make choices without considering what some celebrity would do. It is all about social capital, not love.

As for experience of abstinence. My daughter went out with an American guy last year and he was into the whole abstinence thing. As a Mum I felt somewhat relieved becaue she was quite bad at around that time - but she dumped him within a month because he was talking about getting married and everything.

She is 16 years old and can't even keep her bedroom tidy, never mind get married. So, I don't know, it works for some but could not possibly work for others due to lack of maturity.

I practised abstinence for a time before meeting my Hubby and it helped to wipe the slate clean from past lovers, so personally I do not have a problem with it as a choice.

If a person wants this, they should do it.. but it s unlikely to succeed unless the person wants it to.. same as anyting else really.

I have focused my energy on helping my daughter to try out different types of contraception and passing her exams (early :bunny:) as is what I think she should be doing at her age. I am sure there will be plenty of time for her to learn all about making love later. In this regard she has chosen abstinence but without a partner being present. :laugh:

Take care,

Eve x

Good post Eve! :laugh:

Ross MwcFan
Not mine. I plan to have filthy, awesome, loving, sinful, sweaty SEX.

Sounds like an awsome plan. :cool:

Who's the lucky guy? :p

Because it empowers women. And makes it so men aren't allowed to be womanizers.

So in other words what you are saying is .... "empower women and put men is shackles"?

Sounds like an awsome plan. :cool:

Who's the lucky guy? :p

Can't divulge lest he reads LS. It's bad enough he'll find out you and I are having an EA and that I dream of covering you in Reggae Reggae sauce :p:laugh:

Oh, and to the OP...do you.

Edited by cerridwen
and it cuts down on the over abundance of population if people would be more picky about who they sleep with. and things like STD's...unwanted pregnancies...aids.

if you would wait til you're in a happily committed marriage

If Abstinnce is something you want to live by...fine

But to think that it will cut down on STDs and unwanted pregnancies is a little naive. These things happen because contraception and safe sex isnt communicated enough to kids.

Sarah Palin : "We should enforce absitnence only in schools"

Bristol Palin: "Uh mommy....I'm pregnant"

yeah that went just swimingly

Also

1) Just because you're married does not in any way ensure that you are ready for kids

and

2) Just because you are married and currently feel this way...doesnt ensure that you are protected from STDs because you partner may have a shocking little secret.

You can't see the shackles already in place?

Oh I've noticed the attack on men and hippocracy in this society for a long time....slowly but surely the shackles are being inched on

Ross MwcFan

Like stonecold said, the best way is to educate kids about this kind of stuff. Same with drugs too.

Simply telling them not to do it wont accomplish anything, and will probably make them want to do it even more.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
<-- virgin! ;)

DreamerGirl, I thought you wanted sex w/ that guy you like? Contradiction? :confused:

At this point, I don't want sex with anyone.

Ross MwcFan
Can't divulge lest he reads LS. It's bad enough he'll find out you and I are having an EA and that I dream of covering you in Reggae Reggae sauce :p:laugh:

Oh, and to the OP...do you.

Hey, your inbox is full.

Hey, your inbox is full.

Not any more.

And that pic you last put up...you have an insane body!!