Married folks: How often do you have sex?

Lovelybird
Someone needs a biology lesson.

if it is not the kidney, then it is the other:D, I forgot the name. but definitely overusage will make you weak, including hair loss.

when I see the man's hair, I can guess he overly masturbated or not

:D

I really heard this kind of saying. maybe teenages have too much masturbation later it will show, like after 40's. the kidney is responsible for producing sexual chemicals, overuse it will cause body weak. so I am kinda of worrying how much a woman's body can take.

Where did you hear that LB?

I’ve actually heard regular sex can be healthy for a person.

As for me I’m not married but have lived with my gf for a few years now. We’re both reaching into the other side of our twenties. For a short time maybe like half a year or less we had sex more days then not, some times even more then once a day.

For most of the relationship sex has been frequent enough for me. We’ve gone stretches of a few months with out sex. I’d be happy with a routine of once a week, and even happier with twice a week. Right now I feel lucky if I have it once every two weeks.

I’ve made my dissatisfaction with the amount of sex known. I still have hopes for changing this. If I lost all hope of being sexually satisfied as to frequency I’d end the relationship.

From traditional medical doctors

That have gone to an actual medical school? lol... Sure it didn't have a "Th.D" instead of "MD" after their name??? :-D

Edited by D-Lish

There is an abundance of medical sex myths.

The majority of the sexual hormones are produced by the gonads, testes in men, ovaries in women. Some hormones are also produced by the adrenal gland, or they can be converted and broken down from other hormones stored in the liver or fat tissue.

Testosterone is one of the major male sex hormones and high levels of testosterone WERE believed to be linked to male-pattern baldness for a long time, which is probably what Lovelybird is alluding to-- but now that's being studied further. High levels of free testosterone (and other androgens) might reasonably be linked to high libido, and therefore high levels of masturbation during adolescence, etc. However, masturbation doesn't cause androgen levels to be high, it's more like the other way around. Genetics is the likely determining factor behind male pattern baldness, not anything behavioral, and the genetics have turned out to be more complicated than they used to believe--even doctors used to say that male pattern baldness was inheritable only through the mother's line, and new studies suggest that's an oversimplification.

Anyway, there are several different things that can cause baldness or thinning hair in men, including thyroid disorders, alopecia, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, even iron deficiency or treatment for certain kinds of infections. Emotional stress has been show to speed up hair loss in somebody already prone to it. There's also been a big statistical rise in female pattern baldness recently and nobody knows what that's all about. Possibly environmental.

To sum up: you can't just eyeball a balding guy and know anything conclusive about his sex life or his friendly relationship with his right hand.

Anyway, I'm not sure I understood Lovelybird's question of the women. When I have had sex 5 + times a week my body physically feels fine, although I might be a little sore or have a couple bruises or a strained muscle in my thigh or something ;). My husband and I are usually in better moods in those weeks, too. I've definitely never experienced any hair loss, although there have been a couple of times when I got too sore and we had to lay off for a couple of days to give me a rest. I have accidentally experienced pregnancy and motherhood from that kind of sex schedule, also. :laugh:

Lovelybird

you can check out this link if you guys don't believe me, western doctors say it also, sometimes traditional wisdom cannot be ignored. and that's why chinese emperors died young, because they had too many women

http://www.kidneytimes.com/article.php?id=20070228210039

dust, I agree regular sex is good, but overusage is bad. Just wondering how much is over?:D

Lovelybird
To sum up: you can't just eyeball a balding guy and know anything conclusive about his sex life or his friendly relationship with his right hand.

Anyway, I'm not sure I understood Lovelybird's question of the women. When I have had sex 5 + times a week my body physically feels fine, although I might be a little sore or have a couple bruises or a strained muscle in my thigh or something ;). My husband and I are usually in better moods in those weeks, too. I've definitely never experienced any hair loss, although there have been a couple of times when I got too sore and we had to lay off for a couple of days to give me a rest. I have accidentally experienced pregnancy and motherhood from that kind of sex schedule, also. :laugh:

good to know :D

you can check out this link if you guys don't believe me, western doctors say it also, sometimes traditional wisdom cannot be ignored. and that's why chinese emperors died young, because they had too many women

dust, I agree regular sex is good, but overusage is bad. Just wondering how much is over?:D

Traditional medicine also used to say that masturbation caused hairy palms and horrible lesions to appear all over your body... So relieved that's not true.... Otherwise I'd be one hairy ugly woman.

Art_Critic

What is this sex thing as you call it? :laugh:

Kidding ....

I will say without giving away too much info that it wasn't marriage that slowed the sex down..... It was having a kid

When he was still in a crib all was normal ... Now that he sleeps with his door open and pops in at random times sex became something that happens when all the stars are perfectly aligned:D

All temporary I hope

How I feel with frequent sex--

When we feel good (healthy, happy), we have more sex.

And when we have more sex, we feel good.

Positive cycle! :)

Also--I've been in the habit of having an orgasm before sleep since early adolescence. I've never experienced ill effects from frequent orgasm. Healthier than drugs. Cheaper, too :p

Art--a door lock helps!

Getting back on topic- since we got off it for a while...

When things were good with my exH- we had sex all the time... When things started going downhill- I think we had sex once in six months- it went from good to bad quickly.

Are you a virgin? (feel free not to answer that)

I think you need to decide that for yourself. For myself sex every day would be great in a brand new sexual relationship. Once things cool down I personally would be happy with twice a week. The thing is you should decide that for yourself. Some men don’t like having sex all the time so they would pair well with a woman who rarely likes having sex.

What is this sex thing as you call it? :laugh:

Kidding ....

I will say without giving away too much info that it wasn't marriage that slowed the sex down..... It was having a kid

When he was still in a crib all was normal ... Now that he sleeps with his door open and pops in at random times sex became something that happens when all the stars are perfectly aligned:D

All temporary I hope

Personally, I found things got worse as our children got older and started to roam around the house. :laugh: Teens are notorious for this and it is really annoying. Especially when their friends come for days and days to stay over. Even though we maintained a good routine for all four kids, loosing access to being able to make love in other living areas was an especially big turning point for us. Of course we still sneaked in some late night kitchen loving (in the utility room).. but it is a bit too risky. Obviously, we have never been caught.

Our answer was to make love away from the home on a regular basis. This enabled us to not feel confined to the bedroom because of our role as parents. Erm.. nature trails can be VERY interesting indeed... ;):laugh:

This is one of the reasons we are counting down the days until the youngest goes to University.. two years left. Then finally we will be able to make love wherever we want in the house again and not have to wait for odd days when the house is child free to make love where we want.

So, my advice to parents of little ones would be to find different routines as early as possible, or at very least put a lock on the bedroom door that can easily be opened from outside the bedroom - just in case they go and lock themselves in your bedroom one day whilst playing. Little sods.. :laugh:

I do think it is important that the children see some aspects of intimacy between parents though. For example, I will often bathe my Husband and the children have known this since they were little. Sometimes we may make love whilst in there but keep the noise down.

A friend of mine, their routine is that every Sunday after Sunday lunch they go to bed until 6pm and the kids have grown to understand to never disturb them.

Dunno, making love with your spouse is healthy. :cool: If Hubby went outside our marriage, he would be simply greedy!

Take care,

Eve x

Together 26 years, from 22 years of age, married 21, 4 children (3 teenagers and one 10 year old). Sex? What sex? :D Average twice a month, sometime one and a half... lol

Got increasingly worse since the birth of our second child. When we were dating, we had sex every day. Then it went down to once a week and then twice a month, with spells of once a month. I suppose if I didn't put my foot down, it would probably be once a month...

Afishwithabike

Overusage of what...the vagina? The penis?

I've heard of carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow from over using those body parts for repetitious activities, but overusage of the vagina and penis are new to me! :laugh:

Really where did you hear this?

I haven't heard that having too much sex is bad. Frankly it sounds like something someone very conservative or religious might say. How much is too much and who defines it anyway? What do you mean by "bad" and why is it bad?

Afishwithabike

The link you provided is for people who have kidney disease. I would venture to say the vast majority of people here on LS don't have kidney disease so the information in the link doesn't apply to them. I don't understand your point. Can you elaborate?

crazycatlady
Personally, I found things got worse as our children got older and started to roam around the house. :laugh: Teens are notorious for this and it is really annoying. Especially when their friends come for days and days to stay over. Even though we maintained a good routine for all four kids, loosing access to being able to make love in other living areas was an especially big turning point for us. Of course we still sneaked in some late night kitchen loving (in the utility room).. but it is a bit too risky. Obviously, we have never been caught.

Our answer was to make love away from the home on a regular basis. This enabled us to not feel confined to the bedroom because of our role as parents. Erm.. nature trails can be VERY interesting indeed... ;):laugh:

This is one of the reasons we are counting down the days until the youngest goes to University.. two years left. Then finally we will be able to make love wherever we want in the house again and not have to wait for odd days when the house is child free to make love where we want.

So, my advice to parents of little ones would be to find different routines as early as possible, or at very least put a lock on the bedroom door that can easily be opened from outside the bedroom - just in case they go and lock themselves in your bedroom one day whilst playing. Little sods.. :laugh:

I do think it is important that the children see some aspects of intimacy between parents though. For example, I will often bathe my Husband and the children have known this since they were little. Sometimes we may make love whilst in there but keep the noise down.

A friend of mine, their routine is that every Sunday after Sunday lunch they go to bed until 6pm and the kids have grown to understand to never disturb them.

Dunno, making love with your spouse is healthy. :cool: If Hubby went outside our marriage, he would be simply greedy!

Take care,

Eve x

I like the Sunday afternoon lock in idea!

I can't tell you how many times my kids have walked in on weekend morning fun time. Usually we hear them coming and can disengage and cover quickly but its annoying.

It wasn't until I was grown and had children of my own that I realized my parents funding our trips to the movies wasn't them being generous....at least not generous to us lol. It was so we would all get out of the house at once and give them 2 hours free afternoon time. We saw a lot of movies growing up :laugh:. They also made sure we all had summer trips/camps all at the same time too. And they weren't shy about letting us know why either.

married almost 27 years. wife TOTALLY not interested in sex, if i ask all i get is her huffing and puffing. not worth the hassle.

PinkInTheLimo
married almost 27 years. wife TOTALLY not interested in sex, if i ask all i get is her huffing and puffing. not worth the hassle.

Does she have a body image problem, as in having gained a lot of weight over the last years?

married at 30. We are married three years together ten.

We just got off a slump but now it is once a week.

I have the same problem eve does a teenage daughter. When she was little we could put her to bed at 7-7:30 and easily have sex before going ot bed. Now she goes to bed at 10 and I am super tires by 10:30 we are up at 5:30am. So weekend mornings are the only time. That is if she stays asleep.

Sometimes she is up at 10 sometiems she sleeps until 1.

I like the Sunday afternoon lock in idea!

I can't tell you how many times my kids have walked in on weekend morning fun time. Usually we hear them coming and can disengage and cover quickly but its annoying.

It wasn't until I was grown and had children of my own that I realized my parents funding our trips to the movies wasn't them being generous....at least not generous to us lol. It was so we would all get out of the house at once and give them 2 hours free afternoon time. We saw a lot of movies growing up :laugh:. They also made sure we all had summer trips/camps all at the same time too. And they weren't shy about letting us know why either.

Your parents are smart. Respect to them!

LOL, I can relate to what you are saying! Tryng to get in a bit off morning sex and they are at the door .. usually for money or moaning that one of them has had all the orange juice and there is nothing to eat in the house (which there is) -and they are nearly adults now!

I seriously think if one is not determined to maintain a healthy sex life, the kids will take over your home and life. That's not happening to me though.. no chance.

Hotgurl.. not sure what to suggest other than having a lock down time. We were quite broke when the kids were little so took to the idea of combining romantic walks, sometimes with a picnic and making love outside. I think everyone should have the experience of making love in the rain. :love:

.. Anyhow, two years left before we are free ..

Take care,

Eve x

I have the same problem eve does a teenage daughter. When she was little we could put her to bed at 7-7:30 and easily have sex before going ot bed. Now she goes to bed at 10 and I am super tires by 10:30 we are up at 5:30am. So weekend mornings are the only time. That is if she stays asleep.

Sometimes she is up at 10 sometiems she sleeps until 1.

If she is a teen, why does she need to be asleep? Can't she be up unsupervised?

"We're going to bed. G'night!" :)