Married folks: How often do you have sex?

25 now, been together 3 years.

When we first got married. Several times a night.

Now, probably 3 or 4 times a week, but it varies. This doesn't include, ahem, other things (my husband lovingly refers to it as a "beej" LOL), when we're pressed for time on the days we don't have sex.

We've had dry spells for a few days at a time here and there, if one of us is stressed, or we're especially tired. It's definitely less than it used to be, but I'm not unhappy about that. Several times a night was getting to be physically uncomfortable for me. lol.

I'm 38 and my wife is 36. We've been together for 12 years, married for 10, with three kids. When we were first together, and for many, many years, we would have lots of sex. And not just run of the mill sex. Crazy sex that had us saying, "omg I can't believe we did that!". I don't remember exactly what the frequency was (it's been a while) but I would say we probably averaged 2-3 times a day for the first few years and then down to once a day (averaged over a week) after the 5th year or so. 5 years ago, when our last daughter was born, things started to decline. Not just in frequency but in "intensity". We still had great sex, but it was down to a point where it was just a few times a week and it seemed like I had to initiate it almost all of the time whereas before I would say it was pretty evenly initiated or she actually initiated most of the sex. We sat down and really talked about what was going on...some changes were made, combined with some other well timed factors and now our sex life is better than ever. Better than when we were first together. And not by a little. By a LOT. This probably started almost a year ago and it hasn't let up. Our frequency is back to where it was in the beginning (2-3 times a day) but the intensity, duration (my stamina has improved considerably), and pleasure we both get has increased ten fold. We are definitely proof that sex doesn't have to decline as the years go by.