She lied about her age..

ThsAmericanLife

"Hah! Great insight from the other side. Thanks orion, this helps put things in perspective a bit. It's why i love this place! I don't want to be considered some cougar fling though."

If you were the 30 year old, and she was the 24 year old, it would be considered normal. She's hardly a "cougar". Now if I were dating you (I'm 46) that would definately qualify as a cougar fling.

I've lied about my age before. As much as 5 years. Not because I'm trying to hide anything... but because I want to be with a man close to my own age. My former fiancee was 14 years older than me and died suddenly 5 years ago. I'm not knowingly dating men that much older than me ever again. And I usually find a way to sneek a peak at their driver's license. Is that hypocritical? Yes. but oh well.

Unfortunately for me, there are too many men out there who will go up only one or two years on their age ranges, but have no problems going 10-15 years or more down. So, this is my way of stacking the deck back in my favor, and where nature thankfully put me in terms of looks/fitness and life attitude.

If you are upset about it, I'd question your own hangups and what society tells you is ok. I have a friend who married a man 9 years younger than her. She refused to tell him her age for a good three months into their relationship. To this day, her husband has never told his parents how old she is... and it seems to work for both of them. They have two great kids and are very happy.

The point about kids is a good one though. If you won't be ready to start a family within 5 years, she should move on if she wants one. Common life goals are important for everyone.