I was discriminated against

Yep! Same job/position also, drug and alcohol counselor. The facility is a lot like what my old job was (before we moved) so I'm very excited!

Well, I am happy for you girl.

I know you are not supposed to say much- but was/is it a requirement fpr you to disclose your medical condition to this new job?

• Author
Lauriebell82
Well, I am happy for you girl.

I know you are not supposed to say much- but was/is it a requirement fpr you to disclose your medical condition to this new job?

Nope, not at all. There really are no jobs in my field that I would ever have to disclose it or need any reasonable accomodations. I definately will not be saying anything about it in the future.

Star Gazer
Exactly.. you are carrying on a legal advice conversation behind the scenes of LS about it all the while you are not her attorney.

Yet you boast on this thread about your advice that you are giving to her yet she isn't allowed to post about it according to you..

Yes.. IMO you are doing her a disservice SG..

Like my opinion or not SG, I'm allowed to have it.

The only disservice I've done in this thread was to the nosy, nonnayobusiness laypeople naysayers who wanted to somehow reach a legal conclusion and find fault with LB and pick her circumstances apart.

FYI, attorney-client privilege exists regardless of whether or not an actual attorney-client relationship is established (i.e., regardless of whether or not I or anyone else is retained), so long as LB has those conversations in private/confidentially for purposes of seeking legal advice from an attorney. SHE is the holder of that privilege and she alone decides whether it's in her best interests to waive that privilege to an entire Internet community, not you.

Star Gazer
Thank you so much. Thankfully I got a job yesterday so maybe this all happened for a reason, fate and all that!

This is GREAT news!!! :bunny:

Art_Critic
SHE is the holder of that privilege and she alone decides whether it's in her best interests to waive that privilege to an entire Internet community, not you.

and not you..

Nowhere in this thread did I give her any legal advice or ask her to disclose any privilege, quite the opposite actually..

You on the other hand...............

Maybe you should actually read what I wrote in my posts :)

The only disservice I've done in this thread was to the nosy, nonnayobusiness laypeople naysayers who wanted to somehow reach a legal conclusion and find fault with LB and pick her circumstances apart.

FYI, attorney-client privilege exists regardless of whether or not an actual attorney-client relationship is established (i.e., regardless of whether or not I or anyone else is retained), so long as LB has those conversations in private/confidentially for purposes of seeking legal advice from an attorney. SHE is the holder of that privilege and she alone decides whether it's in her best interests to waive that privilege to an entire Internet community, not you.

and not you..

Nowhere in this thread did I give her any legal advice or ask her to disclose any privilege, quite the opposite actually..

i agree with AC. you have been disclosing LB's info - and that isn't right... IF info is given - it is LB's info to give. you kept giving info - then saying LB shouldn't give out any info...

i participated by asking a few simple questions... yes, people actually have a right to ask questions here... it's her choice to answer them though. so any info YOU have given SG - is technically here say. ;)

how can we support someone when they actually came here with "i've been discriminated against" then info given that points only at an illness? to ask for additional info seems natural... gathering evidence instead of assuming she was discriminated against is only right.

i personally think we won't ever know the full story. there's always three sides. all we have is LB's version.

now that you say she can't give info - stick to the plan you laid out for her.

Nope, not at all. There really are no jobs in my field that I would ever have to disclose it or need any reasonable accomodations. I definately will not be saying anything about it in the future.

Well it's great news nonetheless.

It's also great that you experienced what you did, and got right back on the horse, got on the hunt and sold yourself to another organization to land a new job!

:)

Star Gazer
and not you..

I can read, thanks. Perhaps you should?

I never gave her legal advice in this thread, nor did I "boast" (as you said) about anything I told her outside of LS. She and I exchanged a number of lengthy emails containing details she was incredibly wise to not disclose here IN PUBLIC, because it's nobody's business but LB's.

Quite frankly, given the sensitive nature of the whole thing, I'm a little dumbfounded why y'all kept pumping her with questions, antagonizing her, knowing full well how she tends to respond to that sort of thing.

I'm proud of how she handled the whole thing. And THAT's not legal advice either. :p

• Author
Lauriebell82

Please try not to argue guys. :)

I appreciate everyone's support and advice, I really do. It's true you are only hearing my side of the story, in any incident such as this (even getting fired for a legite reason) is a "their word against mine" sort of thing.

It's interesting just in the past two years how much I really have grown and matured, and how I have handled this as compared to when I lost my job two years ago. Maybe I am ready to have a bun in the oven in 4 months..you didn't hear that from me though! ;)