I REALLY like a guy, but he's pretty...small...

dharris27

Do you normally orgasm vaginally? If not, it might not be a big deal to you.

But if you do orgasm vaginally, it will become a big deal. I cannot imagine staying with a man who I couldn't feel within me in one of the most intimate and natural acts between caring individuals. Oral doesn't come close to being as satisfying.

So everyone you date needs to be given a test run before proceeding further?

LittleTiger
The sex was good, considering the size, but I definitely had moments of just feeling confused and minorly turned off, unfortunately.

I suppose during oral, me giving it to him, it just felt super weird and I got kind of turned off.

These are the two phrases that stood out for me in your posts. It seems to me that your physical attraction to this guy is not strong enough.

If you REALLY like a man, but find any part of him a 'turn off' then the relationship is just not going to go the distance.

We all have an 'ideal' version of a mate in our head. For a woman it may be a tall, dark, handsome man, with a fit, well defined muscular body. For a man it may be a leggy blonde with a tiny waist, large breasts and a beautiful face. The reality of life is very different because most people don't fit either of those descriptions and, fortunately, physical attraction has very little to do with physical perfection.

In an ideal world, you may prefer a guy with a larger penis but that, in itself, is not a problem - we all compromise one way or another. Finding your bf's small or average penis a turn off is a problem.

If anything about this man turns you off, especially this early in the relationship, then IMO he's not the one for you. Physical and emotional attraction is a complicated thing but, if there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that you can't fight biology.

I'm not sure this site allows us to talk about legit love making issues, such as this. But, I like this community and trust the members more than other boards, so I hope I can get some feedback...

I just moved to LA and met this INCREDIBLE guy. So smart, cute, successful, sweet and he's super into me too. Last night was the first time we got it on and well, I knew that his member might be small, considering he's only 5 9' (I'm 5 8') and he's just proportionally small in general. His adorable face and wonderful personality make up for these things, of course, but yeah. I think it might be about five inches long but really skinny. (I do feel terribly shallow for even mentioning this...)

I gotta say, he was pretty great in bed anyway (considering?), but at the same time I'm just totally nervous to get to close to him if this ends up being a problem.

Essentially, I just want to hear that other people have dated wonderful men who may have been smaller than expected and still had great sex. I'm definitely not breaking off, I just want to be sure I'm cool with this?

If you get him to wear a cock ring it'll make quite a 'big' difference.

Agreed. And the average global penis size is 5"

(Found as a stat, didn't make that up)

Wow really? That seems really small to me.

Below average must be microscopic then.

Edited by Ross PK
Wow really? That seems really small to me.

Below average must be microscopic then.

The vagina is only 3-4" long iirc though it can "grow" to accommodate a larger member.

The vagina is only 3-4" long iirc though it can "grow" to accommodate a larger member.

I never had any idea that that can happen.

LeaningIntoTheMuse
Results vary, with studies that rely on self-measurement reporting a significantly higher average than those with staff measuring, but a mean erect human penis is approximately 12.9–15.0 cm (5.1–5.9 in) in length. Flaccid penis length is a poor estimate of erect length. Most of human penis growth happens between infancy and the age of five, and in five years after the onset of puberty. Age is not believed to negatively correlate with penis size, and studies have not found a relation between penis size and race. There is evidence both for and against a link between penis size and the size of other body parts. Some environmental factors in addition to genetic, such as the presence of endocrine disruptors, can affect penis growth. An adult penis with an erect length of less than 7 cm or just over 2 inches but otherwise formed normally is referred to in a medical context as having the micropenis condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_penis_size

So unless he's 2 inches, he's not small. If he's 5 inches, he's slightly below or around the average penis size.

My first bf ever was on the smaller side (probably smaller than what you describe), and he also had learned to make up for it in other ways.

It sounds like during sex, you were satisfied.

Makes sense, while feeling "full" can be erotic, what usually gets a girl going is stimulation in the first few inches of the vagina. A guy with a small-ish penish who knows how to "rub against" the walls of the vagina can definitely be an amazing lover.

What I find striking is that you were turned off when giving him oral. It probably means you like to imagine explicit scenarios when doing the deed. I'm thinking that, in time, as he continues to please you in other ways, you will get more excited by him while giving oral.

All that to say: give it a chance. This is new to you. There's a good chance you'll find ways around it.

Do you normally orgasm vaginally? If not, it might not be a big deal to you.

But if you do orgasm vaginally, it will become a big deal. I cannot imagine staying with a man who I couldn't feel within me in one of the most intimate and natural acts between caring individuals. Oral doesn't come close to being as satisfying.

I agree with this. Though I also agree it does not matter so much if she IS sexually satisfied. To me, oral isn't really all that important (depending on the guy, it's a nice addition to sex, definitely, but I prefer to orgasm vaginally, as those orgasms -- for me -- are much more intense).

Okay, put it this way. There's no friction when he's inside me. I am also not a very loose girl, as I've been told a number of times by ex-boyfriends. If you think of a dildo for example, definitely half the girth.

I DO really like him, without a doubt. And once again, don't plan on dumping him.

It does make me feel good to know he's not terribly small on the scale of things if there are smaller. This was kind of the question I was asking, I guess? Just putting feelers out there, like "Is this normal? Or okay?"

Also, heh, yeah, I know, I sounded rediculous describing my ex as having a large penis but what's strange, is until today I thought my ex was a normal size but after meeting this guy I've realized he's actually pretty big and possibly everyone I've been with has been. It's just a matter of experience, in this case, as to how I might of been looking at size?

No friction would bother me a bit, because I would be unable to orgasm. Other than that, I don't see the issue. It's not really a comparison game.

I guess I've always dated somewhat bigger guys, as the size sounded smallish to me, too, though I've dated a guy who was around that size in length but girth was thick enough to provide plenty of friction and we had great sex! And because he was smaller, I was sore less, and we were able to go many, many times a day, whereas, after a couple, I usually need a breather with most of the guys I've dated (who I guess are all quite large).

Wanted to add: any guy can be taught on how to create that feeling of friction. Not feeling friction is simply the result of need for different technical skills on both your parts. You can shift so that you feel him against you and you can instruct him on how to move up (or down) so that you feel the friction.

GivenUp0083
5'9 is not too short. Guys who are short have the same size of dicks as the taller guys do. The size of d...k does not depend on either height or body type. 5 inches is not too short as well. I do not know what you mean as a really skinny d...k. In general, if he is good at sex, you will forget about his size automatically. There are plenty of guys with big d...ks who are terrible at sex. You might want just to go with flow to see if sex gets worse and better.

Agreed. I'm 5'8" and I've gotten many compliments on my size from women, and my current gf is convinced I'm "huge" but I can't be more than 6" (maybe it's my width).

Look mate. I know you WANT to believe women like sex... All guys want to believe that. But get real... They don't.

They only don't care if you can't get them off.....oh, damn, guess we just realized your bedroom ability