I REALLY like a guy, but he's pretty...small...

dharris27

• Author

I totally agree it's terribly shallow to break up with someone based on that. I would say it's maybe 5 inches but very very skinny. Very little girth. It's just wildly different than what I'm use to. The sex was good, considering the size, but I definitely had moments of just feeling confused and minorly turned off, unfortunately. I suppose I'll just stick with it for a while and if it's really an issue than I'll just have to make a decision.

Just wanted to hear success stories, really.

• Author

I suppose during oral, me giving it to him, it just felt super weird and I got kind of turned off. I do think the size may have been better for the G spot like someone mentioned, so that's when I decided to get over it.

Anything new after some where in the range of 14 partners is just weird, you know? I really thought I'd already seen a smaller than average one, but this might be the most?

Ugh, I feel awful. I will definitely stick with him, though.

^

I don't think that's possible.

You just have to decide if this a dealbreaker for you. Everything you want in a partner is sort of a compromise anyway. Yes it's a little shallow, but personally I would probably not be into it, and more because of the width than the length. But there are women who would be okay with it probably.

When you say skinny, about how skinny? Thinner than your thumb?

Is that possible?

Yeah it very much is. It would be classified as a micropenis.

I'm just trying to get a baseline on how small she is talking here.

For the heck of it, I just measured my thumb and its 2.7 inches around. So hopefully the dude is bigger than that.

Banker Chick

My bf is a grower, not a shower and it definitely took some getting used to. When he's soft, it's very very small but when erect it gets to what I would deem an average size. Part of the problem though is it's somewhat skinny too. Unfortunately for my bf, the guy I was in a relationship with prior to him was HUGE, but that wasn't always a good thing either since I'm petite and always seem to be tight. We've been dating a year and 1/2 and I've gotten pretty used to it. The only drawback is we can't always have sex in certain positions because it's just not big enough. He's very self conscious about it though so I never even say anything remotely teasing about it. We just have our favorite positions and I've also read up on positions that work best when your partner is on the smaller side. I don't have the big O during intercourse anyway & he's really good about taking care of my needs after so it's not that big of an issue. As long as he's enjoying intercourse and is able to get pleasure, that's all that matters. It is true that you can never look at a guy and have any idea what size his penis is ... my guys is this big 6' guy that has a huge chest and is just a big guy in general.

I love the guy to pieces though and didn't want to throw him back in the pond just for that. I figure he doesn't care about my stretch marks, Csection scar and not so perky boobs so it's an even trade ;)

I was once madly in love with someone who had a small thin penis, and it really didn't bother me; in fact I was madly in love with him before I found out his penis size. Our relationship didn't work, but it had nothing to do with his penis size (more that he was a cheating liar who cruelly dumped me). But anyway, I really didn't find his penis size to be a big deal.

I've never particularly cared about penis size though. I find larger than average penises to be painful, but average size or below is absolutely fine. Like most women, I don't orgasm from penetration anyway, so I'm more concerned about what a guy can do with his fingers and tongue (and what he's willing to do, and how often!). If you're happy enough with this guy's performance overall then I don't see how penis size really matters.

• Author

No no, definitely bigger than my thumb. I'd say the size of an average sized sausage? Or maybe a slightly larger popsicle?

• Author

I just kind of wondered how common this was. I really really like him and don't plan on letting him go, at all either. Also, he was super stoked about and really good at giving oral (unlike my last, 6 3', large penised boyfriend) which definitely makes up for it for the time being.

I just kind of wondered how common this was. I really really like him and don't plan on letting him go, at all either. Also, he was super stoked about and really good at giving oral (unlike my last, 6 3', large penised boyfriend) which definitely makes up for it for the time being.

If you keep saying stuff like this, you will never get over this little obstacle.

<-----Haha Humor

• Author

Okay, put it this way. There's no friction when he's inside me. I am also not a very loose girl, as I've been told a number of times by ex-boyfriends. If you think of a dildo for example, definitely half the girth.

I DO really like him, without a doubt. And once again, don't plan on dumping him.

It does make me feel good to know he's not terribly small on the scale of things if there are smaller. This was kind of the question I was asking, I guess? Just putting feelers out there, like "Is this normal? Or okay?"

Also, heh, yeah, I know, I sounded rediculous describing my ex as having a large penis but what's strange, is until today I thought my ex was a normal size but after meeting this guy I've realized he's actually pretty big and possibly everyone I've been with has been. It's just a matter of experience, in this case, as to how I might of been looking at size?

mr.dream merchant

So JUST what is average for a male? What's the average length? Girth? Width?

A couple days back I posted my own.....dimensions...in the sex and reproduction forum, and people made this huge deal out of it. It didn't really occur to me that I was on the larger end of the spectrum until then. I guess staring at the bastard for your whole life would only make it appear normal to you.

Perception is a mother ****er.

mr.dream merchant
In my experience, all guys are different. I've been with big guys who left me feeling over used. I've been with smaller guys who could go several times a night. I've been with medium guys who left me a ball of jello. I think "size" has only a small amount to do with the over all experience.

now, for the dudes reading, hygiene goes a very long way with women. just putting that out there.

Lol...that's a lot of guys. And alot of penises.

I do not know what you mean as a really skinny d...k. In general, if he is good at sex, you will forget about his size automatically.

Hah. What's not to understand? It means his d*** has no meat. Maybe she doesn't feel a thing. So....there.

So JUST what is average for a male? What's the average length? Girth? Width?

I answered your question back on page one.

In one of my classes two years ago, we had to talk about all different subjects - sex, drugs, alcohol, the university, etc. And my teacher asked us:

"Though you guys probably will laugh when I ask you this, it's a very, very serious question that many women are faced with. If your partner was...less than ideal in bed and couldn't satisfy your needs, but everything else about him made him the man of your dreams, would you stay with him? I wouldn't, and you girls need to really consider this question."

Though a couple girls said yes, she told us to get real, that if a guy couldn't satisfy you in bed, and left you hungry for more, then you'd probably end up cheating or cheating yourself out of what you deserve. After saying that, more girls changed their stance and realized that she was right.

If this guy though is satisfying to you in the oral department, and can rock your world without a larger penis, then I don't think that you should be worrying about it, and focus more so on what an amazing guy and boyfriend he is to you. If though, you aren't satisfied at all from your sex, then you could easily look up different positions that you guys can try or you could wait a couple months (and a few more wild nights) to see if things get better, or if you could get used to it.

But, I don't think it's shallow to not want to be with someone who doesn't satisfy your needs. Everyone has needs that need to be fulfilled, including you, so don't worry about it. I only think it's shallow to only focus on his size and not the larger picture: that he rocks your world not only in bed, but with who he is.

You'reasian
Okay, put it this way. There's no friction when he's inside me. I am also not a very loose girl, as I've been told a number of times by ex-boyfriends. If you think of a dildo for example, definitely half the girth.

I DO really like him, without a doubt. And once again, don't plan on dumping him.

It does make me feel good to know he's not terribly small on the scale of things if there are smaller. This was kind of the question I was asking, I guess? Just putting feelers out there, like "Is this normal? Or okay?"

Also, heh, yeah, I know, I sounded rediculous describing my ex as having a large penis but what's strange, is until today I thought my ex was a normal size but after meeting this guy I've realized he's actually pretty big and possibly everyone I've been with has been. It's just a matter of experience, in this case, as to how I might of been looking at size?

You mentioned that you're 5'8" - that makes you taller than most American women (average height is 5'4").

Now, if you've got an average to curvy build, you probably attract men who are 6' and taller and either average to heavier builds (hence your last guy who was 6'3"). Their bodies are proportionate to their height/build and have naturally bigger parts. The average American male is 5'9".

Now onto statistics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_penis_size#Erect_length

Average length is from 5" to 6".

Average girth seems to be a little less than 5" in circumference.

Judging your description of him as a "bigger popsicle", your guy is average.

Edited by You'reasian

I would feel the same way, OP. I had no idea my ex was hung either, until I got to talking to other women during one of my swinger-esque periods. Frankly, the smaller... er, I mean AVERAGE guy was a much better lay, but I still felt occasionally disappointed.

I realize that, statistically, I'm doomed.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

A bigger guy in length but not in girth can really hurt a woman.

It's really the girth size, rather than the length size, that makes up good sex.

(And yes, I realize this is coming from a virgin. But tell me if I'm not right!)

HEY I'm 5'9....that's average....whatever I'm going to go cry now.

Anyhoo if he is topping 5 inches that is pretty average for a male. Average white male is between 5.2-6.1 inches. I'm not sure about thickness though and that is actually more important than length.

Average woman's vagina is about 6 inches deep, so 5 inches should more than do the job lenth wise. It's really not an issue unless you are scoring somewhere in the 4s.

youaretheone

If I were him and knew that you were writing these about me, I would immediately dump you. Do you want him to slap you with his dick or what? You said you enjoyed it so what is the problem?

If I were him and knew that you were writing these about me, I would immediately dump you. Do you want him to slap you with his dick or what? You said you enjoyed it so what is the problem?

Pretty much, it seems you are looking for reasons not to like this guy. You wonder why guys are insecure about the size of their junk, is because of women like yourself. He's by no means below average size, its not like he has a micro penis or something.

Your been extremely shallow, which you have the right to be, but honestly it sounds like you don't deserve this guy. Either get over it or let him go. I certainly know I wouldn't want to be with a girl like yourself.

Failing that you could always go have NSA sex with your ex with the tennis ball container between his legs :rolleyes:

Edited by Hules
Also, he was super stoked about and really good at giving oral (unlike my last, 6 3', large penised boyfriend) which definitely makes up for it for the time being.

Being keen to give oral is much more preferable than having a large penis, to me at least. A guy who won't give oral is just frustrating, and makes you feel unattractive and undesirable.

Also larger men don't necessarily have larger penises. The largest penis I ever saw was on a guy who was 5ft10 and 120 pounds, and the smallest penis I ever saw was on a guy who was 5ft10 and 200 pounds. I also dated men over 6ft who didn't have such large penises as that 5ft10 skinny guy.

threebyfate
There's no friction when he's inside me.
Do you normally orgasm vaginally? If not, it might not be a big deal to you.

But if you do orgasm vaginally, it will become a big deal. I cannot imagine staying with a man who I couldn't feel within me in one of the most intimate and natural acts between caring individuals. Oral doesn't come close to being as satisfying.