Holy s**t. It happened. Just got the tearful phone call. She wants me back.

Jtrain37, I hope one day you'll learn how shortsighted your own comment is, and I hope for your sake it doesn't represent your overall way of thinking.

Anyway, SD, reading all your posts and the whole story surrounding your break-up and getting back together, made me feel really happy. I wish you both all the best!!

• 2 months later...
  • Author

We are very happy and engaged as of 2 weeks ago.

The saying "If you love them, let them go. And if they come back, they are yours forever." could not be any more true.

Read this thread. Learn. Hope. Grow. Everything works out. Just maybe not the way you originally planned. Good luck everyone.

Over and out!

The saying "If you love them, let them go. And if they come back, they are yours forever." could not be any more true.

Read this thread. Learn. Hope. Grow. Everything works out. Just maybe not the way you originally planned. Good luck everyone.

Over and out!

Congratulations and Have Fun

Philosoraptor

Over and out!

Very happy for you. I've read the thread and it's good to see what can happen when two people take the time to mature and work on the issues rather than jumping right back into what they had. It was a blessing you didn't respond to that first email as that time was needed to mature and work on the internal issues that plagued the previous relationship.

This is what needs to happen for a second chance to work. Both parties need to take the time to work on the issues that they presented to the previous relationship that failed. If both can do that, and that mutal attraction is still there... wonderful things like this can happen!

Have you set a date or is that still up in the air? Either way, great news and I wish you the best :D

She's been with a guy for FOUR months after knowing she doesn't want to be with him. She's had FOUR months to do the right thing and break it off with him and she has been stringing him along. And rather than doing the right thing and end it with him because she does not feel the spark and connection, she sought you out to see if you would take her back and tried to line up a new relationship so she could avoid the hard road of being single and having to work on herself. She'll never have to work on herself if there is always a guy there to catch her when she falls. Regardless of how she feels about you, she needed to end it with this guy four months ago and she has not done it. And she did not need to wait until you came to her office for a meeting to let you know how she feels. She could have laid her cards out on the table four months ago and instead she sent you an email lamely trying to justify her actions.

You're a great guy sudden, and I know how much you must care and love this girl. But you are right to insist she needs to work on herself. You know her and we don't, but whether you realize it or not, you have painted a very ugly picture of her.

I was actually thinking to myself that while the OP is happy again, the girl's boyfriend very soon won't and if he knew about LS, he would post on this forum how his girlfriend left him to go back to her ex and how heartbroken he was.

• 2 weeks later...
I was actually thinking to myself that while the OP is happy again, the girl's boyfriend very soon won't and if he knew about LS, he would post on this forum how his girlfriend left him to go back to her ex and how heartbroken he was.

Yup. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Best of luck to ya, OP! Congratulations on your engagement!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Author

Wow! I haven't been here in a while. Decided to check in, and I was shocked to see that my thread has become the most viewed thread on this forum. Crazy. People like happy endings I guess :)

Update: Been married for almost a year, and things couldn't be better. Baby #1 on the way. Now THAT's crazy ;)

Signing out.

• Like 9