Hot looking professor

one goal

• Author
I'm inclined to agree. I think you should leave her alone solely based upon the fact that you don't seem to have the sort of mentality that an attractive professionally successful woman in her 30s would likely be attracted to. I know it's kinda bitchy to put it so bluntly, but it's the truth. Sorry.

What do you mean by mentality to handle someone in their late 30s? What is wrong with it that older girls wouldn't like?

LeaningIntoTheMuse
What you mean by keeping my options open?

I mean...keeping your options open. Looking at other women.

What did you think I meant?

This is a pattern with you, where you focus on one woman, harass or somehow upset her, and then move on to the next woman you fancy.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

Here's what a normal guy would be doing: He would wait till the last day of class to ask out the hot teacher. At the same time, he would look around in his class, see some cute girls, ask them out. He would also look around at work, see some cute girls, ask them out. If he goes on a few dates, and nothing works out, THEN he'd ask out the hot teacher. If nothing worked out with her, he'd ask a few more cute girls if they wanted to have coffee with him.

Look, I understand what it's like to put the pussy up on the pedestal. I've been there. However, you're not getting dates, from what I've read of your threads, and you're also scaring the crap out of the girls you stalk/harass/obsess over. So you have to change it up.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

• Author
I mean...keeping your options open. Looking at other women.

What did you think I meant?

This is a pattern with you, where you focus on one woman, harass or somehow upset her, and then move on to the next woman you fancy.

Here's what a normal guy would be doing: He would wait till the last day of class to ask out the hot teacher. At the same time, he would look around in his class, see some cute girls, ask them out. He would also look around at work, see some cute girls, ask them out. If he goes on a few dates, and nothing works out, THEN he'd ask out the hot teacher. If nothing worked out with her, he'd ask a few more cute girls if they wanted to have coffee with him.

Look, I understand what it's like to put the pussy up on the pedestal. I've been there. However, you're not getting dates, from what I've read of your threads, and you're also scaring the crap out of the girls you stalk/harass/obsess over. So you have to change it up.

There is only one hot girl in class. However she has a boyfriend. I did get her number first day of class because the teacher paired me up with her to do a project so I needed her number. I thought I scored one until I found out she has a boyfriend.

the teacher is single though, but I don't know how to approach her about the idea of going out, especially one thats at least 10 years older than me.

• Author

So what are the percentages you think she will agree to a date with me? Honestly. I mean if I am respectful to her the rest of the semester and then ask her out to lunch or a drink?

Like I said she's late 30s.

Cracker Jack

Dude, just wait and see. There's not enough to go on to give any % of how willing she would be to going on the date. I think creating small-talk with her before asking is good, tho.

• Author
Dude, just wait and see. There's not enough to go on to give any % of how willing she would be to going on the date. I think creating small-talk with her before asking is good, tho.

What should I small talk to her about? She's a teacher.

• Author
How old are you? 14? Have you ever been around humans?

LOL. The teacher is late 30s and I'm in my 20s.

confused192

If you aren't sure what to small talk with her about, maybe its best that you don't ask her out. You said "what should i small talk to her about? She's a teacher." That honestly does not sound too promising. If you don't think you would have much to talk to her about, then going on a date would really be super awkward. She may be thinking the same thing and in that case I doubt she would consent to going out with a former student on those terms, especially when it could be viewed as negative by her colleagues. I don't know...I would just wait until the last day of class and see how you feel about it then. Don't think so much about it and just see how the rest of the semester develops.

• Author
If you aren't sure what to small talk with her about, maybe its best that you don't ask her out. You said "what should i small talk to her about? She's a teacher." That honestly does not sound too promising. If you don't think you would have much to talk to her about, then going on a date would really be super awkward. She may be thinking the same thing and in that case I doubt she would consent to going out with a former student on those terms, especially when it could be viewed as negative by her colleagues. I don't know...I would just wait until the last day of class and see how you feel about it then. Don't think so much about it and just see how the rest of the semester develops.

True. Thing is I think she gets a little annoyed by me. Because I ask questions, and called her out about not letting me use a certain book on one of my assignments because I'm right wing, and well she's a big liberal. She wasn't mad at me about it, just a little irritated I think that I out smarted her.

She seems she could be very goofy outside class.

Btw you look cute!

• Author

Well excluding the teacher there is only one hot chick in the class. I just happen to have her number too! See the first day of class the teacher assigned us partners for our first assignment. so we had to exchange numbers in order to keep in contact if we had any questions on our project. I was thinking "shoots and scores." However turned out she had a boyfriend she was dating since middle school!

That sucked!

• Author

Another thing I wanted to add is that when I email her a question about class she doesn't reply a lot of times.

GorillaTheater
Another thing I wanted to add is that when I email her a question about class she doesn't reply a lot of times.

The Prof is just playing it cool. She's obviously hot for your stuff, and if I were you I'd ask her out today. Time's wastin', man.

The Prof is just playing it cool. She's obviously hot for your stuff, and if I were you I'd ask her out today. Time's wastin', man.

Don't you just hate it when hot profs play hard to get.

• Author
Don't you just hate it when hot profs play hard to get.

Seriously though if I ask her out and she took it the wrong way, or wasn't thrilled about it could she tell on me? Can you get kicked out of a school for asking a teacher out?

Seriously though if I ask her out and she took it the wrong way, or wasn't thrilled about it could she tell on me? Can you get kicked out of a school for asking a teacher out?

Well, you should look into the specific rules of your school, but to my knowledge, no, you can't get kicked out for asking a professor out.

As many of us have said, there could be rules that apply to her for dating a student.

All schools also have a process whereby you can contest a grade if you feel it doesn't properly represent the quality of your work. Generally, this is done at the departmental level, and what happens is that a second professor will be asked to look at the work you submitted and to offer a grade. So, technically, there are measures in place to ensure that professors cannot fail students just because we don't like them. Also, since we're past the halfway point of the semester, I imagine you've already received grades. Your professor cannot go back on those grades. They're acquired.

• Author
Well, you should look into the specific rules of your school, but to my knowledge, no, you can't get kicked out for asking a professor out.

As many of us have said, there could be rules that apply to her for dating a student.

All schools also have a process whereby you can contest a grade if you feel it doesn't properly represent the quality of your work. Generally, this is done at the departmental level, and what happens is that a second professor will be asked to look at the work you submitted and to offer a grade. So, technically, there are measures in place to ensure that professors cannot fail students just because we don't like them. Also, since we're past the halfway point of the semester, I imagine you've already received grades. Your professor cannot go back on those grades. They're acquired.

I have an A in there. Yes there is a process to appeal a final grade, but it is a pain in a way. You have to also face the professor when pleading your case.

I have an A in there. Yes there is a process to appeal a final grade, but it is a pain in a way. You have to also face the professor when pleading your case.

Yes. But the point is that she can't randomly assign grades based on an emotional reaction. She will therefore more likely try to be fair.

I still think, however, that you should wait until she submits the final grades before asking her out. I say this as a professor - and for her. I would find it awkard if a student asked me out before our "student-professor" contract was completely over and would most likely say no based on that alone.

Once she hands in your grade, you could drop by her office, or, if possible, ask to meet her at her office to pick up your final evaluation. You could ask her out then.

• Author
Yes. But the point is that she can't randomly assign grades based on an emotional reaction. She will therefore more likely try to be fair.

I still think, however, that you should wait until she submits the final grades before asking her out. I say this as a professor - and for her. I would find it awkard if a student asked me out before our "student-professor" contract was completely over and would most likely say no based on that alone.

Once she hands in your grade, you could drop by her office, or, if possible, ask to meet her at her office to pick up your final evaluation. You could ask her out then.

They don't really have offices, and final grades are posted online. the only way I'd get to ask her out then would be via email, and that's kinda akward, plus she's not good at returning emails.

• Author

I have not seen any rules about a student dating a teacher in the handbook. Not sure if there are rules for teachers.

They don't really have offices, and final grades are posted online. the only way I'd get to ask her out then would be via email, and that's kinda akward, plus she's not good at returning emails.

Hu? What kind of college fails to give its tenured faculty an office where they can work???

Where do your profs work when they're not teaching?

And yes, of course the final grades are posted on-line. That doesn't mean you can't ask the professor to see your final evaluation - you know, show an interest in what you got right and what you got wrong.

GorillaTheater
I have not seen any rules about a student dating a teacher in the handbook. Not sure if there are rules for teachers.

There may well not be a rule forbidding relationships between profs and students. But there is generally an understanding that getting involved with a student that prof is currently teaching is a serious lapse of judgment, leading fairly easily to charges of grade favoritism, quid pro quo ("this for that") sexual harrassment claims, and the like.

Generally speaking, if she's wise, she's not going to date a current student, rules or no rules. My advice is to avoid putting her in an awkward position.

• Author
There may well not be a rule forbidding relationships between profs and students. But there is generally an understanding that getting involved with a student that prof is currently teaching is a serious lapse of judgment, leading fairly easily to charges of grade favoritism, quid pro quo ("this for that") sexual harrassment claims, and the like.

Generally speaking, if she's wise, she's not going to date a current student, rules or no rules. My advice is to avoid putting her in an awkward position.

But I'm going to a university in the fall so I wont be a student of hers after finals anymore.

They have facaulty offices, but most of the teachers don't use them much except to sit down grade papers and that. Except for the dept heads and that, they are not in their offices a lot. Oh and we don't have a final exam in this class.

GorillaTheater
But I'm going to a university in the fall so I wont be a student of hers after finals anymore.

And at that point you'd be good to go.

But honestly, I'm not getting the feeling that she's that interested. Still, what the hell, you'll never know unless you ask.

Oh and we don't have a final exam in this class.

Do you have a final paper? That's even better. You can simply tell her you would really appreciate her comments on the paper and would like to retrieve the copy.

It is true that professor don't all work in their offices, but in most schools, we have an obligation to be available to students at certain times if they want to meet us outside of class. At my current uni, most profs see students by appointment only. So, easy, find a reason (retrieve paper) and book an appointment with her - once she's submitted the final grade.

And I've been wondering since the first few pages of this thread... Are you sure you have the right email address for her?