The Thinner Ass Progress Log

Keep in mind that it's entirely possible to eat too much of "clean" foods. This is a mistake that I have made in the past. I went through a phase where I honestly believed that I could eat as much fat as I wanted because it doesn't cause an insulin spike. I thought "as long as I don't eat very many carbs, my body will burn fat as its primary fuel source and I'll get ripped!" Boy, was I wrong. Energy balance still applies, not to mention that my understanding of how the various marcronutrients were stored and utilized was severely misguided by the "low carb Taliban" dogma.

As much of a pain in the butt that it is, have you kept a daily food log? Sometimes, that can be very eye opening as to how many calories you're actually taking in. Don't forget liquid calories.

Another thing I would recommend is that you come up with a list of about 10 meals with a healthy nutritional breakdown (at least 50 percent protein, 35-40 percent low GI carbs (such as sweet potatoes, rice, carrots, veggies), 15-10 percent fat). Try to get in a little fat with each meal, but don't go overboard with it. Keep in mind that fat is much more calorically dense than protein or carbohydrates. These numbers aren't magical or set in stone, but the idea is that you want to keep your protein intake higher than your carb/fat intake.

The advantage of having these "pre-conceived" meals is that it helps simplify your grocery list, and will help you know better how many calories you're taking in with each meal. You can still have a good deal of variety throughout the week but you won't be stressing over what to eat or what to cook in the short time frames available during a typical work week.

How active are you, if you don't mind me asking?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author
dreamingoftigers

Alright, so I went splat, I have done that often in the past as well.

I well splat, gave up for awhile, had lots of BS with my husband, he's in treatment and I want to get up and try again...

and try until I get it right.

On the bright side my pants are still falling down, on the dark side I am back where I started plus some because I just went nuts the last two weeks.

The first step I have taken to beating this sugar/refined carb addiction is by cutting out all non-water drinks.

In the last two weeks I have been drinking between 2-5 L of sugary beverages per day.

All that I have done is cut back on the sugar beverages and only had one 450mL mango juice and already I am having withdrawal.

I have also stopped going to 7-11 and other convenience stores, which were my primary source for these drinks.

How anyone can say that there isn't an addictive reaction when someone is this out of control with their food is beyond me, but I digress.

Here are the steps that I plan to make:

1. Elminate all sugar-based beverages (check) (this one is very highly triggering for me, at the grocery store today it was like they were bombarding me!)

2. Wear a belt daily. I know that this sounds weird and weirder that I would need a reminder. I have never needed a belt my whole life because of my shape. Since I lost my 40 -45 lbs since November I get "pantsed" all the bloody time now (well close to it) and I forget about it completely. If I subconsciously associate weight-loss with being uncomfortable (or getting "pantsed") then that may put up a major mental block.

3. Do the Body for Life Motivational Activities. Duh

4. Remove all sugary/floury foods from my home.

5. Make sure that I meditate daily.

Journey of 1000 miles, I don't want to set myself up for failure again.:cool:

The setting up steps are actually harder then the weight-loss steps because they are so easy to skip and so easily to aid in failure.

DOT=funny, smart, AND svelte?! Deadly.

What kind of meditation are you doing?

I'm having an A.D.D Day and may have missed it in the thread but how are you handling caffeine/coffee?

• Author
dreamingoftigers
DOT=funny, smart, AND svelte?! Deadly.

What kind of meditation are you doing?

I'm having an A.D.D Day and may have missed it in the thread but how are you handling caffeine/coffee?

I don't know if there is a "type" I sit, I let stuff go and pick a happy, healthy word to focus on and just let the thoughts flow out until I get centered.

I don't drink coffee, (Mormon) and caffeine is on the way out over the weekend with the chocolate that I eat.

:laugh:;):D:):cool:

• Author
dreamingoftigers

So I replaced my sugary drinks with water today and already I feel remarkably better, like waking up form being in a fog. I still have had some sugary foods (2 cookies).

The headache started bad but after the cookies it went away. Blah, I hate sugar and the aftertaste too!

One of the other effects of sugar withdrawal I find is that I need to pee all the damn time, and that has started too.

I started getting rid of the sugary things, I gave away two large packages of drink crystals. I found another one. I think all that is left for sugar is a couple popsicles, a dessert thing, and a that package of drink crystals.

Then I will start giving away/ finishing off the floury stuff.

I went to the hospital to attend an FA meeting, but they moved the days to Mon and Wed. :mad:

Gotta get some sleep.