The Thinner Ass Progress Log

• Author
dreamingoftigers

Day 8

254.0 lbs

It was really hard to get an accurate scale reading this morning. I usually weigh myself 2-3 times to get a consistent answer and this morn it was ranging from 253.4-255.2. Finally I got three in a row that worked out to be 254.0.

I need to be eating a little more and exercising more often. Got up earlier today at least.

Had a bit of sadness last night because a "friend" who I have known for a long time, but lived by for 2 years is just a real user. As soon as I wasn't able to devote some serious cash/time (favors) to her she doesn't want to do anything with me aside from bitch at me and bitch to me about my H. She rarely does things in return, and when she does it is like the Holy Grail of favors. I have often defended her because I know that she is unhealthy, but the reality is, my H and I have always come through for her, even before ourselves lots of time. Even when she has been ****ty to us. Now I know that I have to tighten up my boundaries and let her go on to the next person that she uses, I wasn't exactly her first and there was a long list.

I hate losing friends but I haven't seen her much the last month and I haven't really missed dealing with the outbursts and expectations. I have only been lonely, but not really missing her. She has already found the next person to depend on and she is actually starting a competing business against ours, but it really doesn't bother me because she is already making the same errors we did starting out, and her business partner worked for us before layoffs, the funny thing is they worked on the same team and she saw how unreliable my friend is, she hated having to work with her. I think she has forgotten about how my friend really won't come through for things. I think it is foolish to mix finances with such a person.

My friend really reminds me of my mother a great deal. I think that is why I tried so hard in this friendship, because I saw someone struggling through the same issues as my mother and not realizing why their life was so crappy. I do think that a lot of my behaviour was pretty co-dependent and I shouldn't have felt guilty about telling her to work her own stuff out. I don't anymore and I haven't since she took so much license with working in our business. Her absences were so ridiculous and frequent that when I tallied up her final pay, it turned out that she had worked an average of 26.4 hours a week on a job that was supposed to be 35-40 hours a week. This last time she worked here for 4 months. Crazy. I can't believe how much I let slide without crunching the numbers.

I will never hire mediochre or substandard employees again and try to motivate them with incentives. I will hire motivated people. They say 87% of people in the workforce don't actually change their work ethic in the face of incentives anyways. I will give incentives to already motivated and strong-perfoming employees. The truth is almost no employee is going to cut their employer too much slack, so it shouldn't be the other way around either.

There, my own personal thread-jack is done yay.

• Author
dreamingoftigers

Day 10

BMI: 39.5

percentile:98th.

So the binge happened yesterday, I did not have a single food plan item due to

1. poor planning,

2. a resurgence in some cash and

3. the giving myself permission to after having put over a week into my food plan and having lost weight.

I don't really feel that bad about it, but it is annoying. I am not actively beating myself up about it or anything (although that might burn off some calories ).

I had a meal at Arby's (blech, I don't really like that stuff when I am not on food plan, except for their market fresh sandwiches.) Had a small pink lemonade at the Bowling Alley (I lost both games, boo! But I did get my score up from 67 to 121.) Then I had a chocolate (not yummy) and then I had a Mango Julius and came home and had some cut fruit (watermelon, cataloupe and honey dew melon) and some Kraft dinner (which I normally won't eat either and since our stove is broken and microwaving wasn't an option; it was steamed! Steamed KD! )

So, quite the sugar and flour fest, guess how I am feeling today? Enh, not that bad, but the cravings are plaguing me a bit, but I also think I can handle getting back on the plan.

I am quite sure that I didn't solidly gain all of that weight back, but because of the sodium/sugar content of the food I am probably retaining quite a bit of water, especially since I have been drinking so much of it to try to flush me out. I am feeling very dehydrated.

I still have faith in myself and my determination, I also didn't put back every ounce I took off, and that means even if I screw up, as long as I go back, there will be progress. Progress is more important to me then the expectation of perfection.

I will now try to eliminate (or at least minimize) the 3 factors that I think led to my binge. I have been living with this demon all of my adult life, I didn't honestly expect it to go away after 10 days. Guess it isn't going to be the straight line I was hoping for after all.

I had to google kraft dinner. Yuck!

Another reason why soup is so great- you can freeze it in single serve portions and defrost them in the microwave really quickly if you ever get caught short.

do you have canned tuna meals there? There are some you can buy here and you can eat some of them cold or heat them up one is a mexican tuna dish thats yummy heated and is only 350calories- good to have in cupboard as a backup.

• Author
dreamingoftigers
I had to google kraft dinner. Yuck!

Another reason why soup is so great- you can freeze it in single serve portions and defrost them in the microwave really quickly if you ever get caught short.

do you have canned tuna meals there? There are some you can buy here and you can eat some of them cold or heat them up one is a mexican tuna dish thats yummy heated and is only 350calories- good to have in cupboard as a backup.

DAY 11

BMI: see above :mad:

Percentile: see above :mad:

Still haven't dropped anything since binge night, I have also been drinking a ton of water to flush everything out and I am still dehydrated. I hate refined carbs, blech.

It was my mother's birthday party tonight so I did have some items off of the plan and half of a slice of cake that was less than a half of an inch (partially social embarassment, partially addiction stuff, I actually hate storebought cake.)

I do have a couple ideas to help keep me motivated but I want to see how well it can be done first :)

I don't really use the microwave but I am going to have soup once a week as kind of a break/variety. Soup is my favorite food and I have, in general, really missed cooking. I try to avoid Tuna because of the Mercury and if I know that I have a "backup" I will binge on it. But, I can stop by a grocery store if I get stuck again. Thanks.

• Author
dreamingoftigers
I think what gets a lot of people are those splurging days. My ex husband as well as a dear friend of mine use to do that all the time. They would be rocking ass on their diets, but then they felt they deserved a day off, and of course would never get back on the wagon.

Remember, the key to weight loss is burning more calories than what you are taking in. You can eat apples all day and gain weight, or you can eat pizza all day and lose weight, it's all about how much you burn. Have you been counting your cals?

Oh, and stay away from Arby's, especially those market fresh sandwiches, they are the worst. ALL of those sandwiches are over 700 calories.

Have you been doing home cooking other than Kraft? ;)

Yeah i have been counting the calories: on binge day I took in about 2600. blech :sick:. And I knew I would probably fall off of the wagon, hence my thread.... can't hide from my day-to-day thread now can I?

Frustrated that I took in super-low cals yesterday and nothing budged. Arg!

Arby's is by far not my fave fast food even. There is one local place that makes a mean chili-cheese fries (I hate French Fries too, but that stuff is more addictive to me then cigarettes), Wendy's (just the wraps, the rest of it sucks) and Mucho Burrito. That's about it. And Crave Cupcakes (so weird because I typically don't like cake or cupcakes but theirs are so wicked!).

Aside from that, I don't really enjoy fast food, esp Arby's because it is like you taste the chemicals. Esp the loaded potato bites, I used to cringe when my husband got those.

Far of why I know my brain is addicted is that I will eat food that I don't even like at all, I think because of the reaction. I find doughnuts disgusting but if I pass a doughnut shop I get a craving. If I start to eat a doughnut, it is virtually always a letdown.

I can kind of see why people feel like a victim to their addiction, it is like their brain tricks them in to thinking that once they get their fix, that they will feel better. It is always an illusion. Your brain plays the same trick every day despite the fact that reality flies in the face of it. Really the high with the food is more from the anticipation and maybe the first 3 bites, then it wares right off. In fact, you don't eve pay attention to the food, you barely even chew or taste it. You experience it long enough for you brain to know that you got what you were craving. :(

There are definitely a number of particulars like that to take into consideration. That may be a great point to bring up.

auto trader california Santa Ana auto trader texas Plano

Great, just when I am trying to avoid crappy foods, along comes SPAM :laugh:

(Truth is I have never tried SPAM)

Hey- I think you should quit weighing yourself every day- the normal fluctuations can put you off.

Weightwatchers recommend weighing yourself once a week at the same time each week and also measuring yourself with a tape measure so you can see the inches decrease even if the scales don't so much.

• Author
dreamingoftigers

I have done that before the only thing is, if I don't then I binge on Mon-Tues and starve myself on Sat-Sun.

The daily update with the weight allows me to see the up and down graph fluctuations.

As well, I can empirically see how much a binge sets me back. This last week has let me see where the missteps come from and what I can logically expect from myself. I know that I cannot expect anything close to perfection but I need a template to start with.

It is kind of like recording every expense for a week to see where the money goes.

If I had weighed myself once a week, better yet: from Day 4 to now: I would only see a difference of one pound and that would highly discourage me. I would feel like I did all of that hard work for one lousy pound and that it would take something like 2.5 years to get the weight off.

The truth is, the binge eating has a huge effect on my weight-loss performance, so does the food quality and I can't lie to myself about that. My H has been helping with lunches and that also can mean my foodplan salads. Friday he forgot about stuff and that screwed up everything throughout the day. I don't blame him, I do know I should check to make sure I have a proper lunch but the next day he made the worst gross salad ever! Enough for two days! That really put the nail in the coffin for me this weekend. I tried to play ball on Sat, but honestly it made me gag so I gave up. Today I only picked the cucumbers out of it to eat plus I had no meat made up for my lunch. Poor planning+low food quality+giving myself permission.

We talked about it and we are going to get some better stuff tomorrow and not play around with it again because it actually costs more to have me not even want to eat my food plan and get discouraged then whatever we might save on cheap/old veggies.

I am glad I weighed day to day still.

Food plan is sucky enough without crappy food! :sick: (Truth is I like it when the veggies are nice). :)

I too think seeing a counsellor or weight loss expert to get some support on your weight loss journey is a good idea.

If you have a true addiction to sugar and struggle with compulsive eating, your weight loss journey is going to need additional medical and psychological advice to assist you.

I am not sure you are making the right kind of gradual changes that will see your entire lifestyle shift towards supporting a healthier weight. For example, you can't rely on your husband to make sure you eat properly- thats YOUR job. YOU need to take full responsibility for every single morsel that crosses your lips. That also means you shouldn't berate yourself so badly if you have one bad day or slip up a little.

Also, if you don't want to slip up, you should plan your entire weeks worth of meals and shop/ cook accordingly. Not having enough money is simply an excuse. Being organised and planning meals isn't that difficult, and then you always know what your next meal is going to be.

You do seem to have taken the all or nothing approach, which isn't going to be sustainable in the long term and may end up being counter productive in that you may swing from starvation- binge.

Avoiding carbs/ sugar etc completely is all very well short term, but your body still needs some carbs and a chance to have a treat now and again.

I have mentioned it before- weight watchers is great, you can eat so many different things and still lose weight as long as you stick to the points plan. There is fantastic online support.

You don't have to struggle with this alone- you say that the first 12 weeks you are going to stick to this strict salad only plan, but realistically with the amount you need to lose, your weight loss should be happening over at least the next YEAR.

IMO having external help is going to help you reach your goal less painfully over that time.

Believe it or not, you need some fat (good fat) daily. Not animal fat. Olive oil, canola oil, nuts, SmartBeat, stuff like that. When I was doing WW some of the others couldn't understand why I was losing weight and they weren't and we figured they were eating basically NO fat. When they added some good fat, weight started to come off again. Fat is absolutely necessary for human life. Small amounts or good fats are key. Good luck. You can do it!!!!

Great post Lisa Lee.

DoT- Lisa also makes some great points. You need to change your life, and its not just to have a "thinner ass", its so you can be as healthy as you can be, and be able to teach your daughter healthy habits.

I LOVE food and I love eating, and I don't live on salad but I maintain a BMI of 21.5- without too much deprivation.

Are you exercising? Exercise is going to help your weight loss in so many ways- it will help you lose inches, tone up and get fit. It also makes your heart healthy and the endorphins it releases make you feel good and help curb sugar cravings.

Exercise doesn't have to be a 10km run- walking is enough, and the first day you walk ten minutes around the block, two days later you do 15 minutes and you build it up until you can manage a 45minute walk 4-5 times a week.

It might be a long journey, but all journeys start somewhere. :)

Kale is awesome and I almost forgot about it. The broker I get the worse I eat unfortunately.

If you long for a salty crunch, similar to a potato chip, try making kale chips! They are heavenly!!

• Author
dreamingoftigers

256.8 still dropping post-binge weight and water.

I also think you should give the weighing once a week a try. I read an article that said more people tend to lose weight who weigh weekly rather than daily.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2348662/lose_more_weight_by_weighing_in_less.html?cat=5

The article is specifically talking about the reaction to the weigh-in. I have been overweight enough (and have gone through the dropping weight cycle) to know that there are fluxes and plateaus. I am sticking by the day-to-day because of the accountability factor and my own impulse problems. If I was solely a compulsive eater then I wouldbe more worried about jumping up and down on that scale demanding different results.

Furthermore, if I had done the weekly weigh-in I would have only appeared to have lost 1 lb and at my weight that can be very discouraging especially since I am used to losing about 10-14 lbs. in water weight the first week I begin a food plan.

The daily weigh-in keeps me focused day-to-day at this point. My main goal is to overcome impulsive eating and I need all of the accountability I can get. The weekly weigh-ins serve to detract from that.

Also, are you seeing a counselor for your eating compulsion and have you completely discounted weight loss medication? I do think people tend to use medication wrong in that they use it as a crutch.

I am currently on Dexedrine which doubles as an obesity help and an ADD medication, my compusive eating urges have decreased 50-60%. I am not currently seeing a counselor. I am not sure how much more self-help I can take at this point.

But if properly used with diet, exercise, and the mentality that you will not be taking this medicine forever, it may help. I went on a very drastic change with my eating habits, and the progression was made easier with the medicine that I used for a while.

The whole idea of the food plan is to help curb impulsive eating and change the very taste I have for food. It has already helped immensely in that regard, truly sugary and chemical-ridden food does not appeal to me as much, even while slipping up I noticed it seemed not as worth it.

I too think seeing a counsellor or weight loss expert to get some support on your weight loss journey is a good idea.

Something to consider when I have more time/money. Not an excuse, you should see my days right now, the time I spend working on my eating/exercising is quite an improvement over what I was doing before. I have also had a ton of IC and am familiar with the reasons for my impulsive eating, now I just have to replace the addictive tendencies that follow them.

If you have a true addiction to sugar and struggle with compulsive eating, your weight loss journey is going to need additional medical and psychological advice to assist you.

I am not sure you are making the right kind of gradual changes that will see your entire lifestyle shift towards supporting a healthier weight. For example, you can't rely on your husband to make sure you eat properly- thats YOUR job. YOU need to take full responsibility for every single morsel that crosses your lips. That also means you shouldn't berate yourself so badly if you have one bad day or slip up a little.

I am following a plan laid out by FA that is the most successful program I have ever witnessed and I have been around the program block over the years. I went through countless diet plans/weight loss programs (I was even in OA at 17) and the food plan keeps it simple. It also works, many in the women that were in my group have lost significant weight and kept it off. The only issue I have with the program is some of the sponsors have control issues beyond the food and it is very hard to find a good match. I cannot be told I have a relapse for eating in my car for instance because I run a mobile service and lunch is in my car. I have been told to find another business to run or to find a regular job so that I don't have to eat there. My lunch takes about 40 mins to eat and many regular jobs don't even give that as a lunch break.

As for my husband making my meals: we make food for each other and we are on a very tight budget. The failure of our business has put us back to square -10 financially and we have about $2500.00 yet to pay to staff and other expenditures before we can even go bankrupt. So yes, my husband and I do make meals for each other and he was trying to be as budget-stretching as possible. We have also made meals for one another as a sign of caring, it is one of the few rituals we have shared that shows each other that some of those feelings still exist. If it does come down to it railroading my progress any further, I will change the structure of how we prepare food because my weight loss is still important.

We have been working 6-7 days a week and I work more then him as well (I do the meet and greets, estimates, more admin and a Sunday shift to watch my brain-injured brother). Having him make the food thurs, fri, sat & sun has been somewhat integral because I am not anywhere where I can be prepping it for myself.

I don't recall berating myself at all for slipping, in fact I was more then accepting of myself and acknowledged the factors involved and how I can avoid them.

Also, if you don't want to slip up, you should plan your entire weeks worth of meals and shop/ cook accordingly. (This is generally what is done but at this point we are literally living day to day). Not having enough money is simply an excuse. (Ha ha, I don't have cable, and the stove and dryer in my house has been disconnected by the utility company, the word of the month is: BROKE. In fact it would be more financially viable to go to the food bank, but that is not healthy stuff by far. KD would be a better option economically right now, if it wasn't for the fact that I need internet to run our business with our leftover regulars, I wouldn't even be posting here right now, and trust me, it ain't high speed). The microwave overloads the load limiter and the only appliance we have that heats food is the steamer. I have more reasons not to be trying to go on a food pan that calls for fresh foods then I do for being on one.

Being organised and planning meals isn't that difficult, and then you always know what your next meal is going to be. We do have an actual plan for what is eaten what day but because we didn't have a ton of money left over for the weekend, somethings got cut down on.

You do seem to have taken the all or nothing approach, which isn't going to be sustainable in the long term and may end up being counter productive in that you may swing from starvation- binge.

The food plan itself is NOT a starvation diet, in fact it is hard to take it all in more often then not, have yo ever weighed out 12oz of fresh vegetables? Very very filling, in fact I don't get hungry at all. The calories are not empty either. The best thing about food plan is that I feel so much better on it, I feel more energetic and I can think clearer and not get aches/pains and headaches. The weight loss is a huge perk. My psychiatrist as well agreed with it. (Yes I did clear it.)

He also recommended that I stay away from any refined carbs, he says they are bad for brain function.

Avoiding carbs/ sugar etc completely is all very well short term, but your body still needs some carbs and a chance to have a treat now and again.

Healthy carbs come from some of the items in my food plan.

I have mentioned it before- weight watchers is great, you can eat so many different things and still lose weight as long as you stick to the points plan. There is fantastic online support.

I have tried WW food plans, in fact I have their turnaround cookbook. While the meals are often yummy (except if my aunt makes them, she is a terrible cook). The main problem I have is IMPULSIVE EATING. Eating the same amount day to day helps me to avoid that impulse control issue, banking or borrowing points etc, really threatens to push that out of control for me. I simply do not at this point have the skill set to stop at a point level. By pre-planning and weighing and measuring healthy foods, I take away a lot of the problem before it starts, plus I know that this has worked for me before.

You don't have to struggle with this alone- you say that the first 12 weeks you are going to stick to this strict salad only plan, but realistically with the amount you need to lose, your weight loss should be happening over at least the next YEAR.

Heck no! Sometimes I move around the salad for fresh vegs, just make sure to get the 12oz raw component with the oil.

IMO having external help is going to help you reach your goal less painfully over that time.

I do wish to go back to a support group but it is REALLY HARD to find a functional weight-loss group for some reason. I went to TOPS in Stittsville, Ont and was utterly shocked by the dysfunction of the group. Only one member had lost their weight in 20 years! No kidding!

SB, that is an excellent post with great advice. I would second the weight watchers, at least for their weekly weigh ins, but I think the food is great and is geared to being lower in calories.

Agree! Just to get this out of the way: DO NOT lose the weight too quickly. You really don't want to lose any more than 2 lbs a week. If you're looking at biggest loser weight loss be prepared for extra skin, and I'm sure you don't want to deal with that.

Ugh, at my size I am going to have extra skin. I do not think that there is much getting around that and honestly I am not looking to have this weight around for another 1.5 years. I would like to be a normal weight for at least 3 months of my 20s.

Also, unless you are an absolute salad lover I would ditch that plan. How often have we heard people say on their diet "I am so sick of salad!" And can you blame them? Salad can be very bland, especially a healthy salad.

I do love salad, and I love salad with capers. :)

I think when people get gung-ho about losing weight they often set themselves up for failure by sticking to salads, banning sugars and carbs, eating less, skipping breakfast, etc. It all comes back to you to slap you hard in the face.

I am banning refined sugar and flour, because it has wrecked a lot of my body and I see no health benefit whatsoever to consuming it. Breakfast is the best meal so skipping it would be foolish. Agreed that starving yourself will produse a binge (been there).

I have not gone through the entire thread, so I apologize if this has already been addressed: may I suggest foods that help keep you satiated longer (actually as I type this I think I may have said something about it earlier :laugh:). So basically that would be fiber and protein. Lean meat, eggs, 100% wheat bread, potato(especially sweet potato!), etc, will keep you well filled until your next meal.

The bread and potato were specifically mentioned to stay away from by my shrink. That and rice and corn and soy and he mentioned if I was sensitive to dairy to avoid that as well. Sweet potato was okay though, as was squash. I find the rolled oats in the morning to be the best for producing those results.

Also do you cook? I mean really cook, beyond boxed Kraft? ;) The best management for our calorie intake is cooking ourselves. You can make delicious foods full of flavor, healthy, and low cals all on your own. I feel like I am preaching to the choir, but these really are optimal key points when it comes to losing weight.

Oh my goodness, I cook everything from scratch, I bake, I grill, I everything, being without a stove is insanity. I have spent whole days in the kitchen just because, (it didn't help my weight much over the years :D My husband put on 40 lbs the year he met me! At one point on a weight-loss plan I would still bake cakes and only have one small slice and get him to eat the rest. :laugh: My god one time he ate a whole triple-layer lemon cake made from scratch in two days and then got real sick. I had to quit that though, he would've been dead by now. Cooking became a real compulsion for me in fact, I nearly cooked us into deep debt a few years ago. He would complain about the money, but never about the food. After I found out he cheated I stopped making any elaborate meals for him. It was kind of sad one day when I told him I wasn't sure if I loved him anymore. He asked why. I told him it was because I was going to make some sauce that night and I wasn't sure if I cared whether he got real Chevril in his Bearnaise Sauce. He said he was relieved to hear that because he took that as me being angry and not uncaring. I think he was right.

I want to reiterate what sb129 said about planning ahead and counseling, very important!

And remember, you are NOT dieting. You are making a lifestyle change for the benefit of your health. You're going to have to change your life to change your eating habits.

The to me is the most important thing. I can already see impulsive eating traits in my daughter (she will eat her meal then if someone else has a meal she will try to get into that too, she won't even be hungry anymore). If I can temper my impulsive eating, I can pass that skill to her.

Good luck, DoT! I'm cheering for you. :bunny:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Believe it or not, you need some fat (good fat) daily. Not animal fat. Olive oil, canola oil, nuts, SmartBeat, stuff like that. When I was doing WW some of the others couldn't understand why I was losing weight and they weren't and we figured they were eating basically NO fat. When they added some good fat, weight started to come off again. Fat is absolutely necessary for human life. Small amounts or good fats are key. Good luck. You can do it!!!!

I put oil on all of my salads and make sure to get enough Omega 3s. It does wonders for my skin.

Great post Lisa Lee.

DoT- Lisa also makes some great points. You need to change your life, and its not just to have a "thinner ass", its so you can be as healthy as you can be, and be able to teach your daughter healthy habits.

You should read my rant, this is specifically for my health and my daughter. The funny/sad reality is, in my family a thinner ass means NO ass. The name for the post came from being called a "fat ass" in high school by this bitter little runty guy. Now my actual ass isn't fat virtually at all, Above my ass however (I call it my pre-ass) has been a problem area. Luckily, aside from my boobs, it is one of the first things to go when I lose weight. So I told him to actually look at my ass vs the rest of me and I said 'really B, my ass is really flat, not fat so if you want to be accurate, you are going to have to pick something else.' He just stuck with fat-ass. I don't think he graduated either, probably failed Anatomy.

The 'No ass progress log' just wouldn't have been as inspiring.

I LOVE food and I love eating, and I don't live on salad but I maintain a BMI of 21.5- without too much deprivation.

Are you exercising? Exercise is going to help your weight loss in so many ways- it will help you lose inches, tone up and get fit. It also makes your heart healthy and the endorphins it releases make you feel good and help curb sugar cravings.

Yes and no, I try to hop on the elliptical before work, I have finally dug out my weight set so that will start this week. TBH I never found exercise curbed the carb crave for me, but I have been pretty hooked too.

Exercise doesn't have to be a 10km run- walking is enough, and the first day you walk ten minutes around the block, two days later you do 15 minutes and you build it up until you can manage a 45minute walk 4-5 times a week.

It might be a long journey, but all journeys start somewhere. :)

Thank you for all of your suggestions everyone.

I will continue to stay accountable and inspired.

• Author
dreamingoftigers
One more thing- is H losing weight too?

H has lost about 35ish lbs, he is about 10 lbs out from ideal but isn't pushing too hard to get it removed.

I read more about skin elasticity this morning and it looks like I will have a big problem with that and the surgery will cost about 9000-20000. :(

But I will still willing to work towards that.

• Author
dreamingoftigers

DAY 13

256.0 lbs

BMI:39.2

Percentile:97th

Well, it is coming down slowly but still making progress :)

• Author
dreamingoftigers

Day 16?

Bit by bit it is coming back down still.

Life is a little calmer now, we have new tenants moving in upstairs (now we can afford to turn the electric back on!

that it could be even a year before they look like they have done something.

I saw one chunky person look improved in 2 weeks of HARD work.

I haven't seen anyone not show results after 6 weeks of dedicated effort.

Good luck with your goals.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
dreamingoftigers

Yes I let this one fall during the ****ty deterioration of my marriage....:mad:

So I am getting back on it and not giving up. And if I fail, I'll get back up again and again until I beat this stupid sugar addiction.

I still weigh less then what I started at but i will post my weight up tomorrow because I don't know the exact number.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
dreamingoftigers

Actually I don't like many of the stereotypical 'fat girl' foods.

I don't like:

French fries

Pop ( soda)

Cheeseburgers

Chips (crisps)

The vast majority if chocolate bars (although in the last year I found myself having the occasional Wunderbar)

Peanut Butter

Butter on Sandwiches

Red meat

Bread

Breaded things

Deep-fried stuff

• Author
dreamingoftigers

As well I don't like donuts and a lot of fast food. I don't eat at McDonald's KFC or Taco Bell EVER. Haven't for years.