Losing my wife to change

collegeguy_24

any more updates man? As your strong supporter I hope things are going well for you. If you want to chat sometime just come on here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
losttoerotica

Hi everyone. Thanks for checking in on me. Things are progressing albeit slowly. She's an idiot. She is blowing thru all our money in the hopes of getting a little bit more from me every month. Moron. The kids are doing as well as can be though. I can't wait until she moves out. Although I did find out she's already introduced the kids to one of her new "friends". She'd better keep those kids safe when she has them or I will drag her ass back into court. Mediation scheduled for April 11th. Wish me luck!

lightoftruth83

I know I'm at the tail end of everything, but I did read the thread and most of the replies...

All I can say is wow, ouch, and I'm sorry for what has happened to you, your marriage, and your family.

I hope by now you are getting the answers and closure that you need.

Being Catholic I get where you're coming from, and I was someone who started selling out my beliefs trying to save the marriage. It's a good thing you stuck to your convictions, cuz the flip side of that coin is even uglier.

I loved it when someone said, "fight for your children." In the end, they are all we have and innocence is so fleeting...

Keep fighting the good fight, and please keep posting

Peace & Love

J

Losttoerotica,

Moron is what she is when connecting her "friend" to her kids. Statistically, the kids get sucked in and used.

This is why the children need to know what is going on in the parents life. They need to be cautioned of her toxic friends.

I feel for you that you have to live with this contaminant.

Well you married a woman who wasnt standing on her own 2 feet and she played nice to get her starter marriage. Sorry to break it in to you.

• Author
losttoerotica

DONE. Reached a deal yesterday. She was negotiating against herself. Ultimately I did have to give her a bit more than I planned, but I did it for my two girls as she would have them half the time. I also asked for a parenting consultant in case any issues arise. She will stay in the home for 2.5 months but then move out. Thanks for all the support. Time to heal and move on.

collegeguy_24

So what comes next? Like visitation, who has primary custody, and the like?

I know you are nervous about your kids meeting her new sex friends, is there a way to protect them from that?

• Author
losttoerotica

Nest steps -

1. She stays in the home until June 30. So "business as usual" until then.

2. Once she moves out we begin the 50/50 custody. We agreed to one week on and one week off.

3. The parenting consultant will help on keeping the kids safe.

One positive thing that has come out of this situation is that after the four years she lives off me she will have to support herself. She is planning to return to school and obtain a masters degree in human resources. Not only that but she will have to work in the meantime. So when she has the kids she will be so busy she may not have time for any of that non-sense and when she does not have them she can whatever she wants, I don't care.

The four years will be tight for me. If the real estate market were better I would sell the house, but I will hang on to it for a bit - for the kids and to try to build a bit of equity if possible. It is just too large a house for a single dad.

Good for you, your story was one of the most heart wrenching I have ever to read. I admire you for taking the high road and dealing with this in the manner you have.

I wish you nothing but the best and I just know you will come out of this a stronger individual and one day you will meet a woman that deserves you, because your wife does not.