A thread for when you're missing your partner

creighton0123

It's 3AM for him right now, even though I'm about to go on lunch break. I keep thinking to myself... he has been in Japan for two weeks now. I hang up on the fact that for most of the day, he is unreachable; I wish he could get a cell phone. It will get better. He is getting his own place and has steady work hours that favor communication after this week.

We had a Skype date this weekend. It was amazing. He was sensitive, communication was great. It was also pretty damn hot. He is wonderful. Who would have thought I would find such a beautiful, perfect man at the exact moment when I wasn't looking for anyone. My eyes watered a little. I tried to hide it, but he started to cry a bit after he noticed I was.

I have to realize that he will be back in four and a half weeks. We'll have an amazing two weeks together before he leaves again for the long haul - 10 months apart.

I didn't believe my friends when they said that long distance relationships were difficult. I didn't think I would feel quite so sad - missing him next to me at night - my bed is too big for just me. My dishes are piling up; he always washed them when I finished cooking. For the first time in a long time, I don't know what to do with my boredom. I have never in my life felt loneliness, even when I was alone. I worry about him. I'm angry at Time, a now cruel master who used to treat me so well.

This sucks.

It's 3AM for him right now, even though I'm about to go on lunch break. I keep thinking to myself... he has been in Japan for two weeks now. I hang up on the fact that for most of the day, he is unreachable; I wish he could get a cell phone. It will get better. He is getting his own place and has steady work hours that favor communication after this week.

We had a Skype date this weekend. It was amazing. He was sensitive, communication was great. It was also pretty damn hot. He is wonderful. Who would have thought I would find such a beautiful, perfect man at the exact moment when I wasn't looking for anyone. My eyes watered a little. I tried to hide it, but he started to cry a bit after he noticed I was.

I have to realize that he will be back in four and a half weeks. We'll have an amazing two weeks together before he leaves again for the long haul - 10 months apart.

I didn't believe my friends when they said that long distance relationships were difficult. I didn't think I would feel quite so sad - missing him next to me at night - my bed is too big for just me. My dishes are piling up; he always washed them when I finished cooking. For the first time in a long time, I don't know what to do with my boredom. I have never in my life felt loneliness, even when I was alone. I worry about him. I'm angry at Time, a now cruel master who used to treat me so well.

This sucks.

Hang in there and keep busy. And when that doesn't help, we'll be here. :)

It really is amazing what you find when you're not looking.

For a few months there, I have been distant emotionally in my LDR... in life, really. I didn't want to think about why, but the moment I did and talked to my guy about it, it seems like I feel just like I did a year ago. I miss him again, I want to be with him again. It's a wonderful feeling. X3

He probably won't be able to make it to the states for another couple of months at least... we're reckoning on January or February. This time we're going to make it completely about us. We're leaving Indiana and heading down to the mountains in Tennessee (he's never seen mountains before irl) and getting a hotel, staying for a couple weeks with no family to bother us. I'm really, really excited about this because despite the fact that he loves who I am irl, he hasn't even begun to see who I *can* be. I live with my mother atm and she drags me down so much, then not to mention work. I'm super excited about waking up before him, cooking breakfast (and maybe taking a dip in the pool or going out for a Mountain Jog before his lazy butt wakes up X3 ) and just... doing nothing together for two weeks. ACK. I hate the anticipation! - But that just makes the end result that much better, right? :D

Creighton I know how you feel. The first day I got back from my trip to see my boyfriend and got in my bed, it was odd. I didn't get to wake up next to my boyfriend and my bed just felt empty. But it gets better with time, you learn how to cope with being alone for the time being again and how to live your lives together though far apart.

Gwendolyn that sounds awesome! I wish my boyfriend got to take a trip together alone, but everytime we've been together his family has always been around since he still lives at home... for now at least. Definitely make the most of your trip and enjoy every little moment. The anticipation for the next visit is always good, for me at least as it takes my mind off the distance.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss my partner. I wish he was in the other room sleeping even though I'm up late working. I wish I could come home to him, even if only to snuggle up to him in bed at night.

It has been a super busy and crazy week. I've been working overtime and odd hours and I miss having the support I know he would give me even with my crazy schedule. I got to spend 4 days with him before visiting my family for Thanksgiving, and it was so nice to have that time together.

We both had computer work to get done during the time we spent together and it was so nice just having him around even though I was working. Given the option, I usually prefer to work late into the night, while he tends to work early in the mornings. So he cleared off a space on his desk for me to put my laptop and one night I stayed up late working after he went to bed. It was just nice to be able to look over and see him sleeping whie I did what I needed to get done. I went to bed when I was finally finished and he unconsciously pulled me close to him without waking up. He woke up early the following morning and got his work done at the same desk while I slept in. I vaguely remember reaching for him in my sleep, noticing that he was not there, and figuring that he was up working (which he was).

We spent time playing, talking, working, doing things we both wanted to get done. I miss his quiet presence and support as a daily part of my life. I miss that positive, almost catalytic interaction we have that leads us both to doing more together than each of us would do alone. It is that little positive push that we feed back to each other - I have to get computer work done, so when I'm working he works too. We discussed what he wanted to get done in his yard and outdoor projects and so I was able to help him do more than he could or would have done alone. While either of us would have stopped sooner when working alone, together we pushed each other to get more done because together we could simply do so much more in less time.

I miss him.

For a few months there, I have been distant emotionally in my LDR... in life, really. I didn't want to think about why, but the moment I did and talked to my guy about it, it seems like I feel just like I did a year ago. I miss him again, I want to be with him again. It's a wonderful feeling. X3

He probably won't be able to make it to the states for another couple of months at least... we're reckoning on January or February. This time we're going to make it completely about us. We're leaving Indiana and heading down to the mountains in Tennessee (he's never seen mountains before irl) and getting a hotel, staying for a couple weeks with no family to bother us. I'm really, really excited about this because despite the fact that he loves who I am irl, he hasn't even begun to see who I *can* be. I live with my mother atm and she drags me down so much, then not to mention work. I'm super excited about waking up before him, cooking breakfast (and maybe taking a dip in the pool or going out for a Mountain Jog before his lazy butt wakes up X3 ) and just... doing nothing together for two weeks. ACK. I hate the anticipation! - But that just makes the end result that much better, right? :D

It sounds like you have a nice visit to plan for. If I were in your shoes, I would seriously consider trying to find a Cabin at a state park or a Bed and Breakfast in a small town in the mountains rather than a hotel room as a place to spend your time together. While a hotel room might seem relatively inexpensive, there is nothing quite like waking up in a cozy private cabin where you have a fire place, or a private unique room where you can look out the window at trees and not have to deal with parking lots and cars and traffic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I find 7 weeks difficult enough :( I really don't know if I could go months without meeting up. I think it's amazing if people can do it though :)

My fiancee will have been gone 180 days before i see him again. i will see him in march so at least we are over the half way mark:love:
  • Author

We had 5 wonderful days and now he's gone home again :( Feel sad and happy all in one. He met my parents and they think he's lovely :)

Roll on February, going to keep very busy, so I don't miss him TOO much.

How's everyone else doing?

We had 5 wonderful days and now he's gone home again :( Feel sad and happy all in one. He met my parents and they think he's lovely :)

Glad you had a great trip HOH! I'll be seeing my SO in February as well.

Due to the weather here, my boyfriend's visit has been delayed until Thursday. I can't wait, even though our trip has been cut short a bit.

creighton0123

Doing well. BF is here for another six days before he heads back. He spent the night twice, will again tomorrow and on New Years Eve.

Not looking forward to his going away. Once he's gone, I won't see him in person again until May.

• Author
HeavenOrHell

May is a long time :( At least I've only got to wait til February. Hope you had a great time though :)

Doing well. BF is here for another six days before he heads back. He spent the night twice, will again tomorrow and on New Years Eve.

Not looking forward to his going away. Once he's gone, I won't see him in person again until May.

• Author
HeavenOrHell

Hope you've had a great time :) My partner always leaves a t..shirt of his for me too :love: When will you see him again?

He leaves tomorrow. Can't believe how this time has flown by. :(

He left me with one of his shirts. :love:

Hope you've had a great time :) My partner always leaves a t..shirt of his for me too :love: When will you see him again?

Awww don't you just love it? He left me a scarf too and notes in my car. :laugh:

We'll be seeing each other again in February like you and your SO. :bunny:

151 days until i see my girlfriend again. i miss her more and more everyday. once i finally see her again i don't know how i'm going to react, but i do know i'm going to cherish every second i'm with her and never take her for granted

as a going away present i made her 190 medicine capsules with long distance love quotes and personal messages from me because she didn't know how she was ever going to get over having to leave me(i thought it was a good idea,medicine to help her get over me). Each one was written by me and rolled up with a heart sticker. I drew a rose on each message. I also gave her a journal of everyday we spent together,a shirt I wore the night before my final day spent with her, and a bottle of the cologne i wear so she'll never forget my smell.

Edited by Wolz
151 days until i see my girlfriend again. i miss her more and more everyday. once i finally see her again i don't know how i'm going to react, but i do know i'm going to cherish every second i'm with her and never take her for granted

as a going away present i made her 190 medicine capsules with long distance love quotes and personal messages from me because she didn't know how she was ever going to get over having to leave me(i thought it was a good idea,medicine to help her get over me). Each one was written by me and rolled up with a heart sticker. I drew a rose on each message. I also gave her a journal of everyday we spent together,a shirt I wore the night before my final day spent with her, and a bottle of the cologne i wear so she'll never forget my smell.

aww thats lovely :) but how the hell do you manage 151 days? how long do you spend together when you see each other? can't wait to see my SO :)

• Author
HeavenOrHell

That's so sweet and romantic! My partner leaves one of the t.shirts he's worn at my request :)

aww thats lovely :) but how the hell do you manage 151 days? how long do you spend together when you see each other? can't wait to see my SO :)

this is the first time we've been apart. before this we'd spend about 6 hours with each other each time we were together and i'd see her about 3 times a week

148 days now :p I keep myself very busy by working more hours at my job,working out at the gym,working on my car, and working on little projects to surprise her.

Edited by Wolz