A thread for when you're missing your partner

I guess that is one way to look at it. Honestly, sometimes I feel more alone when in an LDR than when I was actually single.

Being in an LDR is hard on me.

Oh I know...I should be used to it since my longest relationship was mostly LD (about 2 yrs), but ugh, it still sucks. It's a relationship with seemingly very few benefits of being in a relationship, most of the time. They're not there in the flesh to flirtatiously banter with, giggle with, snuggle with, have hot crazy animalistic sex with. But you're still committed, so it's not like you can go out and just do that with whoever you want without facing repercussions like you can when you're single.

I really hated/dreaded Sundays after me and my ex broke up last year, felt it was a day for partners and/or families, I really like them now now though as I often get to skype my partner on Sundays as it's one of his days off.

I hope your day will be ok LT :)

Well I got through my Sunday as always - not quite how I like Sundays to be but c'est la vie!

I agree about it being a day for families and partners and I wish we could 'spend Sundays together' on skype but the time zone difference makes it impossible. At 12 hours difference we're not even on the same day for long and he works shifts which makes it even harder.

My Sunday morning is his Sunday night so I get up early and we'll have a couple of hours before he gets to bed. Then I have the whole day all alone. I always fill the day of course, go hiking, go to the gym etc but it isn't the same as being with a partner. My Saturday night is usually our best time (his Sunday morning), though I tend to stay up stupidly late because of it.

There's no easy answer when we live so far apart. I think we hold the distance record on LS - possibly for any LDR - at 12,000 miles! :(

I know this isn’t necessarily the intent of this thread but I miss my love so much.

I miss the way he looks at me with those eyes that make me feel like the most amazing thing he’s ever seen. I miss curling up in bed and just talking and laughing. I miss the way he smells and how his hair feels in my fingers.

But more than any of that, I miss the way knowing I was the most precious thing to him would make me feel

i'm missing my boyfriend like crazy right now :( he left this afternoon and knowing that I won't see him for a while feels like my heart is falling out of my chest. there are times when it is so difficult. i think i am doing fine and then all of a sudden a memory or something will trigger a sadness inside of me. I miss him so much and it sucks when you want a hug from him so bad and he cant give it to you :(

I finished Skyping with BF an hour ago. It was so lovely to hear from him and to know he arrived safely at his destination. It just made me miss him even more, though. I can't wait until he comes back.

• Author

We've been skyping more lately, makes me miss him more though! We've been talking about sex a lot, miss him badly :( Only 2 1/2 weeks to go though, so I feel lucky.

Helps to know we're all in the same boat here :)

47 days till I can see him again.....I miss him so much my heart hurts. When I hang up the phone after talking to him I cry.

• Author

Aw :( It will all be worth it when you meet up :love: have you got a time scale on when you will live closer to each other?

47 days till I can see him again.....I miss him so much my heart hurts. When I hang up the phone after talking to him I cry.

I have alot of stuff to get done before I see my boyfriend next week, so although I miss him a ton, all this stuff is making the days go by quicker. I just can't wait to be able to be with him again. I miss cuddling with him on the couch, going out with him, and being able to give him a hug or a kiss when I feel like it.

Aw :( It will all be worth it when you meet up :love: have you got a time scale on when you will live closer to each other?

Yeah, I officially move back to CA (where he is) in May, and I'm about a quarter done with my internship in TN right now, so yay :) and I am going to see him on Thanksgiving, but it is hard. It's like I left my heart back in CA with him. He's not always best at communication either, especially when he gets busy or depressed.

I have alot of stuff to get done before I see my boyfriend next week, so although I miss him a ton, all this stuff is making the days go by quicker. I just can't wait to be able to be with him again. I miss cuddling with him on the couch, going out with him, and being able to give him a hug or a kiss when I feel like it.

I miss all that too. I'm glad you get to see your BF next week :) and keeping yourself busy definitely helps.

Missing my SO, and how after a extremely stressful day of the terrible twos with my daughter feeling lonely and how I so much miss crawling into his arms and having someone care for me!

Well, I'm with my SO.:bunny:

But I'm kinda missing him, or maybe I'm just bored? He's meeting with some teachers right now for his grad program. I just went into the computer room and got a guest log in so I could get on the internet because I have been staring at the wall for the last hour and a half.

I'll get back to this thread next week... guaranteed I will be all gloom and doom when I'm back home. :(

• Author

Hope you will enjoy the rest of your time with him :)

Well, I'm with my SO.:bunny:

But I'm kinda missing him, or maybe I'm just bored? He's meeting with some teachers right now for his grad program. I just went into the computer room and got a guest log in so I could get on the internet because I have been staring at the wall for the last hour and a half.

I'll get back to this thread next week... guaranteed I will be all gloom and doom when I'm back home. :(

It's been a long emotional 3 days since I left him at the airport... -80 till I get to see his face again! On the plus side, I got to experience not only him again, but got to fall in love all over again. :love:

Hugs to all...and stay strong.

• Author

How's everyone doing?

I'm struggling the last couple of days, having problems with 3 close friends and feeling low because of it and I just want my partner to hold me, and I want to hold him when he's stressed about work.

I miss doing usual couple stuff.

Feel lonelier cos his ex is there this weekend, so I feel like they're doing the coupley stuff, although he is sweet to me when she is there. It's not a trust issue, it's more that I'm envious she has his time and I don't. I'd normally see my ex at the weekend but he's away with his partner (an old friend of mine, but that's another story).

I guess it's normal to feel even lonelier if your partner is spending the weekend with their ex, or any friend in fact, cos you wish it were you :( Then I feel selfish cos really I'm glad he has company.

I'm worried I can't do this for 2 more years.

Hi HOH. Sorry you're feeling so low. Yes, it's difficult when you're home alone at a weekend and imagining the fun your partner is having with others and you can't be part of it.

If my partner's with his family while I'm talking to him on skype and they're sharing a joke about something, I just want to crawl into the computer to be there with him. If he's alone I want to grab him and pull him through the screen so he's with me. :(

How rich would I be if I could work out a way to do that?! :D

I've had a really horrible week. I'm supposed to be flying to NZ in 6 weeks but because I'm not too well at the moment, I may have to cancel. The disappointment if that happens will just be too much for either of us to cope with.

((((Hugs)))) for you HOH.

I know it's tough but you can do it. Two years is less time than you think and, although we're obviously a poor substitute for your man, the LS gang will be with you all the way.

• Author

Thank you LT :)

I feel a little ashamed though as I know I'm in a far better situation than you and you probably wish you were in my shoes, as we're only an hours time difference and meet up every 6-8 weeks. I just don't know for sure we'll be any closer to each other distance wise in 2 years, I've had so many let downs, people going back on the things they say, that I hope he means what he says with regard to moving closer, I don't want to push the point though, don't want to pressure him as it's most likely him who would be moving, not me.

I feel lonely still as he's out with his ex, I was going to a friends tonight but I feel too tired and low as I've fallen out with 2 other friends and I just feel weary.

It must be so hard for you seeing your partner and his family on skype, it would depress me too. Yes, do please work out a way to pull our partners through the screen :laugh:

So sorry to hear you've had a horrible week, I've got a similar stress but on a MUCH smaller scale, I'm going to his for the first time next week, but I have mild agoraphobia and haven't travelled abroad before, well I did once briefly years ago but that was with others, and not alone. Two trains (3 hours and 2 hours) and then he's collecting me and it's hour and a half drive from there, which won't sound much to you in your situation, but it's quite a big thing for me, I get migraines quite a lot and praying I won't have one on the day as I know I won't feel up to travelling, so I feel a pressure to be well as we will both be so disappointed and won't meet til Xmas then and then it will have been 4 months and I feel I can't handle that :(

It will be such a positive thing for me, and hopefully him, if I go, it will be great to see his home and his way of life, hoping to avoid meeting the parents this first time but he said if his mum asks then if we could that would be great, eek (I'm shy!). He's meeting my parents and my ex in December.

Hope to catch up with you soon.

(((((((hugs)))))))

Hi HOH. Sorry you're feeling so low. Yes, it's difficult when you're home alone at a weekend and imagining the fun your partner is having with others and you can't be part of it.

If my partner's with his family while I'm talking to him on skype and they're sharing a joke about something, I just want to crawl into the computer to be there with him. If he's alone I want to grab him and pull him through the screen so he's with me. :(

How rich would I be if I could work out a way to do that?! :D

I've had a really horrible week. I'm supposed to be flying to NZ in 6 weeks but because I'm not too well at the moment, I may have to cancel. The disappointment if that happens will just be too much for either of us to cope with.

((((Hugs)))) for you HOH.

I know it's tough but you can do it. Two years is less time than you think and, although we're obviously a poor substitute for your man, the LS gang will be with you all the way.

No, HOH, you mustn't feel ashamed. What you feel is as real and painful for you as my situation is for me. We can't compare each other's hurt because knowing what someone else is experiencing isn't possible. We all hurt. Some of us can cope with it better than others, but we all understand what hurt is and that's all that matters.

I can only imagine how you're feeling about travelling if you're agoraphobic. That must be so stressful for you. I do have some understanding because I hate flying and doing it alone just magnifies the fear. I can do it though, I proved that to myself by doing it for the first time alone last year. I can do it because of the reward I get at the other end - and you can do it too.

You strike me as a very strong woman. Just take it one step at a time and use whatever strategies you have to get you through the tough parts of the journey. It will be so worth it when you get there. :)

ssigh, missing him a lot right now.

fri-sun is always THE WORST

the weekdays are kinda bad at times, but not awful. We never have phone calls on the weekends cause he's always out late, which i like that he's having a life, I just wish I were.

I am having one of the worst flu's of my life right now,

sinus, aching, puking, rough dry coughing oh god im in hell!

WHAT I WOULDN'T GIVEEEE to curl up naked to my SO's hot body in the night and just suck in the warmth while im sick like a warm suana!

Citizen Erased

I haven't seen him since July. Still another 66 days...this bloody sucks.

And of course, once we filed for my visa, they've slowed right down with processing them.

All I will say is ugh.

• Author

OMG that is a long long time :( 2 months is my limit, not sure I could cope with longer than that, but then the love keeps you going doesn't it, not that that makes it easier :( I feel much luckier than many people in LDR's.

I haven't seen him since July. Still another 66 days...this bloody sucks.

And of course, once we filed for my visa, they've slowed right down with processing them.

All I will say is ugh.

• Author

Hope you feel better soon, sounds rough! I hate not being there for him when he's ill or stressed, and miss his cuddles when I'm poorly or stressed.

I am having one of the worst flu's of my life right now,

sinus, aching, puking, rough dry coughing oh god im in hell!

WHAT I WOULDN'T GIVEEEE to curl up naked to my SO's hot body in the night and just suck in the warmth while im sick like a warm suana!

• Author

Thank you :) People often say I'm strong, I think I am but I can't always see it.

Yes it will be so worth it when I get there. 4 days to go...

No, HOH, you mustn't feel ashamed. What you feel is as real and painful for you as my situation is for me. We can't compare each other's hurt because knowing what someone else is experiencing isn't possible. We all hurt. Some of us can cope with it better than others, but we all understand what hurt is and that's all that matters.

I can only imagine how you're feeling about travelling if you're agoraphobic. That must be so stressful for you. I do have some understanding because I hate flying and doing it alone just magnifies the fear. I can do it though, I proved that to myself by doing it for the first time alone last year. I can do it because of the reward I get at the other end - and you can do it too.

You strike me as a very strong woman. Just take it one step at a time and use whatever strategies you have to get you through the tough parts of the journey. It will be so worth it when you get there. :)