Spookie's job search

• Author
eerie_reverie

I don't know what I'm going to do if I actually get an offer. My list of pro/con's is really complicated.

I don't know what I'm going to do if I actually get an offer. My list of pro/con's is really complicated.

List some!

Honestly that can be a determining factor to taking a job or not. I'm lucky I did and didn't for my current job. I know SO MANY people who didn't survive the 2008-2010 recession.

• Author
eerie_reverie

Ok... these are the pro's and con's of staying with my current employer:

Pros:

-Company culture is:

laid back

pro-creativity

pro-healthy habits

-get along with all my coworkers

-expecting a promotion

-stable company, products not affected by Health Reform Act

-half-day Fridays!

Cons:

-have been in love with my boss for three years

-long commute (1.5 hours) to the suburbs

So, ok, the con list is short. But my infatuation with my boss is REALLY PATHETIC and I need to snap out of it SOMEHOW.

I guess I'm just imaging myself taking the L to work, meeting lots of people downtown, working harder and longer but on more interesting projects, and doing lots of travel (it's a consulting position). I love my job now but I'm thinking all the above would also be really sweet.

Not stimulated is bad but the other Pros outweigh the Cons.

The promotion is a good thing to have to be honest with you. However, you are still in love with your boss and that is bad. It is preventing you from meeting other guys. You're stuck and quite frankly you need to find a way to get from being stuck.

• Author
eerie_reverie
Not stimulated is bad but the other Pros outweigh the Cons.

The promotion is a good thing to have to be honest with you. However, you are still in love with your boss and that is bad. It is preventing you from meeting other guys. You're stuck and quite frankly you need to find a way to get from being stuck.

Wish i knew what that way was...

Wish i knew what that way was...

I will only say from my experience... I sabotaged my own career by moving back to pursue a woman. This was the same women that I left to get a better job on Park Avenue in NYC.

You're one of my favorites on LS and I do not want you to repeat what I've done. So I can suggest you get a new job to get away from your boss since the transfer didn't happen. TBH it is an option but not one I would take because of that promotion and the pro's outweigh the cons.

• Author
eerie_reverie

I wonder if I could get away with not wearing a suit....

Nice blouse + skirt.... acceptable??

I don't OWN a suit ATM.

You might, just no flip flops.

I don't OWN a suit ATM.

Not yet! :lmao::lmao:

I don't OWN a suit ATM.

For an interview in your field you MUST wear a suit!

Go the The Limited or something and pick up a cheap one. They almost always fit off the rack.

Go the The Limited or something and pick up a cheap one. They almost always fit off the rack.

I'll add a good pair of shoes.

• Author
eerie_reverie

Yah, ok. I'll take a trip to the outlet mall tomorrow. I saw some nice suits in BR outlet that were reasonably priced.

I think that new job would do you good spookie. Emotional attachment to your boss is holding you back more than you realize...

• Author
eerie_reverie

I got a suit. Black, Banana Republic. =)

The only issue is, I look extremely awkward with a button-down shirt underneath. Where is the collar supposed to go? There are too many collars.

I am thinking about wearing either:

-a silk blue patterned blouse

-a cotton green turtleneck

-a plain grey crew neck shirt (nice material)

-a silk blue shirt if I can make it to the mall again before Wednesday (should have bought it today)

Should I wear flats or heels? My flats are cute and very comfortable, and I'm already tall so I don't like wearing heels, but I'm interviewing with a bunch of women and I know how we love checking out people's shoes...

florence of suburbia

Some kind of a silky shell or tank under a suit is fine.

Can you post a pic?

• Author
eerie_reverie

I'm kind of freaking out. I don't know as much as I should about the Health Reform Act and how it influences the market. I hope nobody asks me any public policy-related questions.

They don't expect you to be an expert, I'm sure. They are looking for someone with a good outlook who is willing to learn and is a good problem solver. If you have some idea of the basics, you'll be fine.

Just get a good night's sleep and don't let yourself worry. They will think you're a bright person who has a lot to offer.

• Author
eerie_reverie

Blah. I'm back to the attitude that I never want to leave my current job.

My boss brought in treats for me for passing an exam. :love: And he told me to do "whatever I needed" (in regards to time off) when I told him I have giant tumors in my neck.

IF he is interested, if I leave, I will end up so happy.

ELSE I will lose the best boss.

Blah. I'm back to the attitude that I never want to leave my current job.

My boss brought in treats for me for passing an exam. :love: And he told me to do "whatever I needed" (in regards to time off) when I told him I have giant tumors in my neck.

IF he is interested, if I leave, I will end up so happy.

ELSE I will lose the best boss.

That guy seriously needs to sh&t or get off the pot!

• Author
eerie_reverie

Is that you in your avatar OG? You are SO pretty.

• Author
eerie_reverie

I agree. It was extremely sweet of him to remember to bring in treats on a Monday for me for passing a test.

Is that you in your avatar OG? You are SO pretty.

Thanks, that's sweet of you to say but you are prettier ;)

I dyed my hair ultra blond yesterday and it's now dry and damaged a f..k

I agree. It was extremely sweet of him to remember to bring in treats on a Monday for me for passing a test.

And he clearly knows how you feel about him.. IF you get the new job you will finally know once and for all..