Is it true that a guy is only as faithful as his options?

orange county

Fedup - I support you. It seems (almost) like we are the only ones living in the real world. As much as I have read and researched I dont feel the need to cite sources. This is not a court room people, it is a discussion board. Too many people on this site have been watching far too much courtTV and Law and Order, etc.

i'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but i think men who cheat are more likely to brag abt it to their friends and who-not, whereas female cheaters are more likely to keep it to themselves. this difference may cause the misperception that men cheat more than women.

by the way, there was a study done about not cheating but promiscuity in general, which showed that men and women are on the same level, except women conceal it much more carefully, whereas men show it off.

my 2c,

-yes

Orange County

'Why else do you think men and women can not be "just friends"?'

i live with 4 male friends - i adore them, get drunk with them, have cried with them during mine and their break ups. but they are JUST friends, and very very good friends at that. it astounds me that you think that

'I feel absolutely positive that the vast majority of men are only as faithful as their options.'

'It seems (almost) like we are the only ones living in the real world'

would hate to live in your world - am happy with my world where my male friends are just friends and my relationships arent spiked with distrust unless theres a damn good reason for it.

Originally posted by Fedup&givingup

I'm not suggesting that women do not cheat, but it is KNOWN that men do it more often and frequently.

No, that's not KNOWN, that's a generalization. A generalization that is, at the very least, lame.

If you want citing, look all around you on this cite. How many men have stories on the "OW/OM" forum? Although there are men that have posted some heart wrenching stories about being cheated on themselves, the numbers of men that cheat on women highly surpass. Moreover, I see where and how more women have left their marriages/relationships due to their cheating. That reason is clearly because they are getting their EMOTIONAL needs met.

One website, with a fraction of the population who chose to post their stories is NOT citing a source. Research, perhaps. You're biased, and your assertions are unfair.

The fact that you were cheated on, and your partner happened to have a penis, does NOT entitle you to make generalizations that you are NOT qualified to make. Back it up, that's all we ask.