Men, humor me: what nail length is most attractive on a woman?

meerkat stew
I prefer Japanese nail art. Gel nails are all the rage, you can add all different kinds of designs to your nails, and even make 3D sculptures.

http://sexyfresh.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kawaii-nail-art-1.jpg

This has to be a joke, as no hetero male, self included, I've ever known would like that unless it was attached to the starlet du jour. If I saw that draped on my chest upon waking in the morning, would probably jump straight out of bed and into a wall.

I'm not a man and I've never had nice nails. They grow at a ridiculous rate and I do a lot of work with my hands, the nail polish and filing I do doesn't last long and I need to keep it short for guitar playing. Maybe some guys are function over fashion, I've never seen long nails as practical.

WalkInThePark

Due to a chronic vitamine B shortage I have always problems with my nails. There are extremely weak so the only thing I can do is keep them short. They break if they have a little bit of lenght. (BTW, this problem also gives me problems with my hair, don't have a lot of it - unfortunately). And I don't like the feeling of having longer nails.

I also used to play the violin so am used to cut my nails short. And I use the computer a lot for my job, so also there long nails are unpractical.

BTW, I hate it when a man has long nails. It always makes me suspect that he goes out dressed as a woman from time to time.

• Author
I think short looks the best to be honest, I hate long fake nails.

OK, well, the only fake nails in the pics I provided were actually the medium ones. All the rest were real.

Yeah, but do you actually like them to draw blood?

That's why my overlays are appreciated.... strong enough to dig, not sharp enough to injure. :)

These overlays you're talking of sound awesome. I'll have to tell woman to get them. Spread the knowledge. I'm sure you have more nuggets of information.

• Author
May I ask, why is uselessness automatically a turnoff? Suppose a woman has uselessly long nails, but it's useless to her to have useful nails, since she's not a mechanic or pianist and does not dig vegetable gardens in her spare time? If one does not need very dexterous use of her fingertips, then other than utilitarian concerns, what is it about useless nails, kept solely for ornamentation, that is a turnoff? Just curious...

Difficult to type with.

Difficult to write with.

Difficult to do simple household chores with.

The corners must be painful.

• Author
I will answer your questions when you promise to include them in a scientific study.

:laugh: Well, if it counts, I'm an anthropology major, and I love to break down human behavior in general, and visual attraction in particular. For all I know, I may do my thesis on nail culture. :laugh: I'll credit you if I do, I swear.

:laugh: Well, if it counts, I'm an anthropology major, and I love to break down human behavior in general, and visual attraction in particular. For all I know, I may do my thesis on nail culture. :laugh: I'll credit you if I do, I swear.

Ah. In that case, everything Elswyth said. But I still get credit for it.