Would you accept casual Drug use in a relationship?

I "came of age" in the 70's. Everyone was doing drugs. Including myself. Just the other night I was reminiscing about the days when you could get Qualuudes.

I married a man who smoked pot. Just a "casual" user. It turned out to be a nightmare, and 20 years later he was dead from an accidental drug overdose. So no...no drugs for me, or anyone else in my life.

I also have zero tolerance for those that can't handle their alcohol. And by alcohol, I mean a few drinks on *some* weekends. If you have to drink until you're obliterated, or you are a nasty drunk...forget it. Just my .02.

silvermane187

Weed? I wouldn't care if she smoked as a way to relax after a long day of work or whatever. Even though I quit smoking I don't see it as a bad thing. Anything else would be a deal breaker. I don't think you can be a casual pain kiler user or what have you.

ReturnToSender

I dont use anything at all....wouldnt care though if the guy Im with smoked weed every once in a while, but not a pothead like a lot of guys I know who wake up and go to sleep smoking..

My ex confesed he did coke at one time, I was happy he told me cause Id already heard stories about him and how hed party hard...but he was adiment about it that he hadnt done it in years, and hed always talk about others who did any kind of drugs, smoked, even drinking.. like if I had 2 drinks hed ask me over and again if I wasnt sure I had enough, but I figured it was cause of his experience and dealing with people always under the influence.

Eventually, after our breakup and he was acting weird, even for him, I flat out asked him if he was using something and he said he had done coke but only once or twice. Then I found out about the girl he had cheated on me with and still spends time with, real party girl, always drunk and high, in and out of rehab...and I dont doubt that he slipped back into his old ways.

So yeah, Im even wary of someone who at one time did hard drugs. He was so against it and seemed so solid... Im sure he believed he was done with it at the time he first told me about it, but he went back to it. Im not willing to take that risk again.

Mme. Chaucer

I'm a former user and abuser; a recovering addict, and I won't accept drug use in a relationship. I also have boundaries about drinking behavior, since I come from a family of raging drunkards (and I quit drinking along with drugs 23 years ago).