Would you accept casual Drug use in a relationship?

Confused728

I was just wondering if anyone would allow casual drug use in a relationship. I was thinking about what i want in future relationships and I dont think i would even tolerate even casual drug use. is their anyone here that feels the same or different? explain why

Only weed. Anything beyond that is a big no. I have been down that road before and I do not want to go down it again.

Jilly Bean

Nope.

As a former addict, I have hard boundaries on this one.

Drinking is OK, but absolutely no drugs.

• Author
Confused728

But why do u think it is a big no? does it lead to worse probelms?.. I am just thinking about my next relationship.. as many of u know i had a problem with a guy i suspected of doing drugs. I wonder what to do next time, do i accept that alot of people use them casually in social settings? I just dont think i ever could.. i want to know the cons of it

skydiveaddict

the pros: temporary high

the cons: waste of money, out of touch w/reality, wild swings of mood and personality, hanging out w/addicts, addiction , altered state of mind, brain damage, those are a few

any drug use is a deal breaker for me and anything outside of the occasional beer or mixed drink is also a deal breaker. I prefer to surround myself with those that can deal with their reality...not those that use substances to avoid it.

any drug use is a deal breaker for me and anything outside of the occasional beer or mixed drink is also a deal breaker. I prefer to surround myself with those that can deal with their reality...not those that use substances to avoid it.

That is sort of ironic when you look at your screen name.

Insta-deal breaker...besides alcohol I guess...but I wouldn't mind if she drank sparingly or not at all...

Depends on what you're asking about, all drugs are not made equal or at all the same. I wouldn't even count weed anywhere near something like heroin or coke.

• Author
Confused728

ha if any of u can please check out my other post i cover my whole situation in more depth

That is sort of ironic when you look at your screen name.

My screen name happens to be a shortened version of the registered name of my favorite (now deceased) horse. But thanks for trying.

Citizen Erased

No. And double no if they keep it from me and I don't find out until months into the relationship.

My screen name happens to be a shortened version of the registered name of my favorite (now deceased) horse. But thanks for trying.

I apologize. I thought it was based on the song Lucy in the sky with diamonds which is pretty much about an acid trip.

Enchanted Girl

My answer to this question is complicated . . .

If I was considering dating a guy and he did drugs, I would instantly not want to date him anymore. No exceptions. I wouldn't want to be involved with that.

On the other hand, I've been dating my current boyfriend over 5 years and if he suddenly started doing drugs, I'd probably, at least, try to make the relationship still work anyway, although it would probably start suddenly going rapidly downhill.

I apologize. I thought it was based on the song Lucy in the sky with diamonds which is pretty much about an acid trip.

Not to worry...she was a bit of a 'trippy' gal. :)

I wouldn't care if a guy smoked weed on occasion. By occasion I mean once every couple of months or so. My exH used to smoke weed when we went to the cottage- it was a summertime/cottage thing. Didn't bother me in the least bit.

I myself don't even touch "illegal" drugs. But I do take AD's and anti-anxiety meds.

SpanksTheMonkey
I was just wondering if anyone would allow casual drug use in a relationship. I was thinking about what i want in future relationships and I dont think i would even tolerate even casual drug use. is their anyone here that feels the same or different? explain why

NO def not even weed cause after all you never know the kind of people it may attract. Most druggies have friends who also do drugs and god knows what the friends may be hooked on and what there willing to steal/do to get there drugs its just not worth the chance I also would not tolerate anything beyond light social drinking.

I also watch out for ones who "USE" cirtin drugs now my last female gf kept asking me for my pain meds (I have a actual disability) cause she said she was in extream pain from a medical prob.

I like the dofus I am gave it to her to be nice I hate to see people in pain. Well after she used them all on me she then boldly said sorry but I needed them to feed my prescription drug addiction!

I will never fall for that one again na I wont get involved with any one into drugs on any level.

Edited by SpanksTheMonkey
  • 1 month later...

what I truly don't understand is why people think drink is better than smoking weed.

Drinking has killed so many people. weed just relaxes you and makes you feel good for a littlw while.

sometimes reality sucks and some weed gets you thru the moment.

I much rather weed over alcohol. the worst thing that can happen to you smoking weed is good good good sex or get real hungry or fall a sleep.

but alcohol? throwing up, can't drive, all jacked up..on and on.

weed is cool but the govt won't let it be available on the market

Feelin Frisky

I prefer a woman who has had experience with drugs rather than one who has been a tea-totaller all her life. A tea-totaler probably could not understand me. I wouldn't want my new flame to be an active addict, user or alky but I like it more if she knows what all of that shi+ is like because I do. It would be OK to have a drink and a toke now an again. But no coke, dope, benzos. speed et al please. There's nothing like sex on LSD but I'm a bit beyond that and haven't tripped since 1992. Still, it's the drug is sex, drugs and rock n roll. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.

I wouldn't want it now because I no longer take any and have also for the most part cut out alcohol, and I want to be with someone who's on the same page as me. My ex regularly took a range of drugs during our LTR, I never minded as he was in control and had cut the heaviest range of the scale by the time he met me. The only time I really had an issue with it was when he brought drugs through customs, as I didn't want him to end up in some sad sad prison in a middle eastern or asian country for the next thirty years...

Edited by denise_xo
I was just wondering if anyone would allow casual drug use in a relationship

I don't know if 'allow' is the right verbiage because people generally do whatever they want but I wouldn't date them if I knew or found out they were using illegal mind-altering substances. I would instantly stop dating someone I observed or knew to be intoxicated or high while operating a motor vehicle regardless of whether the substance was legal or not. I have no doubt that would leave a whole world of people to date them and I'd invite them to do so.

I think we all set our boundaries based on our own experiences. I smoke so I don't have an issue with that. I drink (and get drunk at weekends which seems to be much more 'normal' in the UK and accepted) so I don't mind. I have used some drugs recreationally in the past so I am tolerant of that. My personal limits are dependency on drugs/alcohol i.e. heavy and daily use and the use of drugs like heroin and crack.

I smoke marijuana regularly, and when I say regularly, I mean almost daily. It impairs me in no way I can ascertain and actually enhances my overall view of life. It helps me relax, and focus on upcoming events in my life enthusiastically, creatively, and calmly. I suppose different drugs affect different people in different ways. I have never shied away from experimentation, but neither have I become truly addicted to anything. I drink alcohol in moderation. When I smoke weed it's a single bowl. I've tried cocaine and meth, but found them unappealing. I've smoked opium (very nice, a little too nice), angel dust, eaten X and acid, you name it. The only thing I ever really wanted to do again was have a glass of fine brandy, a bowl of weed, and, occasionally, a good cigar. All things in moderation. If the woman in my life took exception to my chemical habits I would have to take exception to her, as they a part of my identity, well known to all, and of little real consequence. I have never been arrested and while many people look to me as their source, I have never sold a single bag of weed. Of course, in the region in which I live, I would be considered something of a tea-totaller.

At this stage of the game I'm personally a been there /done that sort. It's more the how than the doing I can't handle. If you are still in a "scene" doing X past your mid 30's wearing a glow stick, well it's just too pathetic, same goes for anything that requires long stays in a toilet.

Going to a beach and having some wine and smoking a bit- well many of my friends are of this ilk. I equate pot/booze the same. I'm fine with it.