Are Paternity Tests Insulting?

And your wrong observation was insulting and intended to be insulting.

I assure you that my observation was correct in my view, just as your perception of what you said is also correct in your view. The one thing that I can say is incorrect is that it was not intended to be insulting. I know my intentions better than you just as you know your perceptions better than I know yours.

Well, in a marriage or committed relationship that I am in myself, I have no room for such needs for "reassurance." If the trust level is that low, or the man is that insecure and needy, I wouldn't be there with him anyway. Yuck.

Maybe he would like to put a bugging device or a camera on his wife so he can be "100% reassured" that she is not attending an orgy rather than going to her aerobics class?

Just the idea that some people would think this could possibly be reasonable makes me get a sick & slimy shiver down my old and achy spine. What's next? Will we be asked to consider donning the burqa?

Because of course a man wanting to know if his woman is faithful as the same as wearing a burqa. Do men not have any right to self protection in your eyes?

The shiver down your spine is the same shiver that criminals feel when they're about to be arrested.

It's not the feeling an innocent person has.

Very true. A truly faithful and honest women should have no issue whatsoever with proving it.

In this study, 1 in 5 women deliberately or accidently misnamed the father..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news//uknews/2483751/Mothers-wrongly-identifying-fathers-in-Child-Support-Agency-claims.html

Almost one in five paternity claims handled by the Child Support Agency end up showing the woman has deliberately or inadvertently misidentified the father.

But of course, none of these angels were prosecuted for anything..

Women are socially far ahead of men, and this gives them the ability to be masterful liars.

sweetjasmine
Because of course a man wanting to know if his woman is faithful as the same as wearing a burqa. Do men not have any right to self protection in your eyes?

Hey, here's some self-protection.

How 'bout you don't have unprotected sex with people you don't trust to tell you the truth about something so important as paternity? :rolleyes:

Very true. A truly faithful and honest women should have no issue whatsoever with proving it.

And I'm sure you guys would be perfectly okay with the police searching your home and taking a blood sample from you without a warrant, then. I mean, what are you afraid of if you're innocent? Only someone with a guilty conscience would object so strongly. :rolleyes:

I'd love to think all three of you are trolls because it's pretty sad to think there are human beings out there so full of bitterness, hatred, and anger. If you're for real, I hope you actually get some joy out of being self-destructive and preventing yourself from ever having a healthy, happy, fulfilling relationship with another human being who - gasp! - has a vagina.

sweetjasmine
Almost one in five paternity claims handled by the Child Support Agency end up showing the woman has deliberately or inadvertently misidentified the father.

...out of people who FILE CLAIMS WITH THE CHILD SUPPORT AGENCY.

If you're filing a claim with the child support agency, then there are ACTUAL doubts as to paternity.

Unless you can show me that a majority of men in the UK file claims with the child support agency out of policy. Even if it's their third child with the same wife.

• Author
The shiver down your spine is the same shiver that criminals feel when they're about to be arrested.

It's not the feeling an innocent person has.

I often get that shiver when Dexter is about to be caught. lol.

I'm just shocked at the emotial responses I am getting from strangers over the internet. I didn't mean this as an insult to people.

sweetjasmine
I'm just shocked at the emotial responses I am getting from strangers over the internet. I didn't mean this as an insult to people.

You're surprised? I guess you've never tried trolling before.

In any case, yes, people get pissed off when you say their entire gender is a bunch of lying, cheating whores, and since other people are lying, cheating whores, you're going to assume they all are, just in case, even when you're in a relationship with them. Is it really that shocking that you got a reaction?

• Author

In any case, yes, people get pissed off when you say their entire gender is a bunch of lying, cheating whores, and since other people are lying, cheating whores, you're going to assume they all are, just in case, even when you're in a relationship with them. Is it really that shocking that you got a reaction?

I don't think they are, and if you think thats what some one said to you why react in such a negative way. I think the human race men and women are capable of greatness and "un-greatness"

sweetjasmine
if you think thats what some one said to you

Read the thread. You'll see the "women cheat - that's why I'd demand a test", "women are just looking for excuses to cheat, it happens all the time" arguments and Woggle saying that he doesn't trust any woman.

Of course that's going to elicit a negative reaction.

How do you think men feel when women bash us left and right even though many good men exist? Male bashing is pretty much women's favorite pastime these days but god forbid the focus should be turned on them.

Do any of you ladies favor some sort of severe punishment for women that are caught lying about paternity???

txsilkysmoothe
do any of you ladies favor some sort of severe punishment for women that are caught lying about paternity???

yes!............................

sweetjasmine
How do you think men feel when women bash us left and right even though many good men exist? Male bashing is pretty much women's favorite pastime these days but god forbid the focus should be turned on them.

Therefore it's okay to do the same?

Do any of you ladies favor some sort of severe punishment for women that are caught lying about paternity???

"Severe punishment"? Uh, like what? Stoning? 1000 lashes? Beheading?

Therefore it's okay to do the same?

Women have been telling us for the past few decades that men deserve to be abused, cheated on and treated like crap because now it is payback time but when things blow back in women's face all of a sudden two wrongs don't make a right.

Both weak logic and fascist, militant thinking...the exact kind of thinking you abhor when it issues from a militant, radical feminist, but embrace yourself. Woggle, I know you are capable of more sophisticated thought than this.

Do you believe that if an innocent middle-class family man is pulled over for Driving While Black he should have no issue with it? Experience zero qualms, zero disgust or hurt? If he was angry, would that suggest that, even though the police found nothing in his car that day and his breathalyzer was clean, more than likely he just lucked out because he'd already dropped off all his drugs and weapons?

If the police raid your home and turn everything upside down without a warrant would you smile and shrug your shoulders? If you were upset, would that suggest they simply hadn't looked thoroughly enough? Why, after all, take issue if there is no guilt?

Out of curiosity, how do you feel when Andrea Dworkin proclaims all men are rapists? Do you agree that you should be considered a rapist as the default, or have to take a battery of psychological tests to prove otherwise?

meerkat stew
Both weak logic and fascist, militant thinking...the exact kind of thinking you abhor when it issues from a militant, radical feminist, but embrace yourself.

Ah, I see. Whenever a man wants to protect his rights in a reasoned way he is a "militaristic fascist." It's just a freaking test, and the only possible rights stripped are the rights to cheat and lie. And the comparison to radical feminism is absurd, unless radical feminists are able to be roped into 18 years of support against their will of a child that is not theirs.

Rest of the post is equally nonsensical, nice try at trying to play a reverse race card here, not at all an ethical discussion tactic and quite offensive to those who are subject to racial profiling.

The search and seizure example is inapposite. The law protects citizens from warrantless searches. The law does not protect women from men who want a paternity test. :rolleyes:

Well, it IS fraud. Fraud gets 1 to 5 years in jail.

So now that we've shown the kid has no father, and we've put it's mom in jail, why punishment does the kid get?

The guy was punished by having a kid in his life?

The mother is punished for creating a mouth to feed and fraudulently created a situation where a guy spent money towards it's care and time building a bond? with a child.

Now the kid gets this bond? eliminated and it's mother locked away for being born. Justice served?

Yet AGAIN you try to compare being a stepdad to being a cuckold... Please dont bother getting all offended and denying it this time as it is your third.

• Author
Well, it IS fraud. Fraud gets 1 to 5 years in jail.

So now that we've shown the kid has no father, and we've put it's mom in jail, why punishment does the kid get?

The guy was punished by having a kid in his life?

The mother is punished for creating a mouth to feed and fraudulently created a situation where a guy spent money towards it's care and time building a bond? with a child.

Now the kid gets this bond? eliminated and it's mother locked away for being born. Justice served?

Women who are flat out caught lying about this do not get any kind of punishment for FRAUD

Ah, I see. Whenever a man wants to protect his rights in a reasoned way he is a "militaristic fascist."

:

Meerkat, I know you have better reading comprehension than you display here. Check again. My post was directly, and only, responding to the assertion that an innocent person will have zero negative emotional response to being forced without provocation to prove their innocence, as a rule.

I think legal punishment is warranted and reasonable, although I can foresee difficulty implementing such without punishing the baby indirectly. Given the ongoing studies on chimerism I'd hope the courts would rely on more than a single negative paternity test, as well.

Edited by Stung
meerkat stew
Meerkat, I know you have better reading comprehension than you display here. Check again. My post was directly, and only, responding to the assertion that an innocent person will have zero negative emotional response to being forced without provocation to prove their innocence, as a rule.

No, your post equated a man's desiring a paternity test to Dworkin's "rape baiting," racial profiling, and improper searches and seizures. You also used the adjectives "fascist(ic)" and "militaristic," rather slanted, wouldn't you agree?

Retroactively trying to limit your intent in the above manner is like the boy who cried wolf claiming he only meant to complain that his dinner didn't taste good. Your intent in that post was plain and obvious or else you would not have posted what you did, and instead would have posted something more similar to the above quote.

I think legal punishment is warranted and reasonable, although I can foresee difficulty implementing such without punishing the baby indirectly. Given the ongoing studies on chimerism I'd hope the courts would rely on more than a single negative paternity test, as well.

Maybe she should be forced to wear a scarlet letter of sorts..

It does seem unfair that women want to be "equal" yet seem to almost always get off scot free for falsely accusign a guy for rape, committing domestic violence, lying about paternity, etc. Things that can seriously ruin a man's life.

Maybe just make prostituion legal so that men have control over their sex lives..

Please understand that the reason why a man would consider - hypothetically (you're indeed mistaken if you think that me or the other posters will actually rush to do those tests) - a pat test is precisely the strong, and potentially devastating emotional response to betrayal, deception, and being used and taken advantage of in probably one of the most hideous ways conceivable. No matter how small the probability, this is a terrifying scenario indeed.

But of course, women's 'emotional responses' is all that matters :rolleyes:.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator