So I decided to try OkCupid...

Johnny M

BobSacamento

I've been on dates using those sites and it's really not that hard to get them.

The hard part is finding someone you'd want long term or for a fling. Way too many overweight people. I hit the bars and I meet attractive women in seconds, the internet it can take weeks.

An attractive woman online (maybe a 6 in real life) can get around 200 emails a day if she is on enough sites. In her own world she is a superstar of sorts, and most likely holding out for someone way out of her league.

DustySaltus

I've learned that what could be a "6" to me could be a "9" or "3" to someone else.

Girls almost never email guys as well...makes them look desperate I guess.

If you are athletic and looking for someone who is the same you can try Fitness Singles. I had a few dates from there but found the women pretty selective and I was probably not buff enough or young enough.

I think the best advice about online is to try a number of services since the service and people vary from area to area. I am pretty lucky since most women is S Fl spend a fair amount of time at the beach so they seem to take better care of themselves than the women my age in the Midwest. But in my area 90% of the women are going to be Latina or Jewish so for me Match and JDate turned up the best results.

My two longest releationships came from women who emailed me cold as well. So experience varies

The most desirable women (and men I suppose) don't really need to use online dating, they get plenty of attention IRL. Some do use it as another pathway to meet a potential mate.

I imagine an attractive woman with a good profile and pic. She logs in and sees at least 50-100 e-mails a day. Just scan through and pick out the best looking guys, then just read those e-mails and pick the best of them. Rarely do they even need to do a search. It really is a sellers market so to speak.

All right well I just joined OKCupid due to this thread. I see some attractive chicks. I'll try it out, see if it gets me laid. That's pretty much all I can ask for from an online dating site.

You and every other guy online.

Ladies, online dating is a lost cause, married or otherwise taken men, losers, old guys and guys who only want to get laid.

What a dream!

DustySaltus

Ladies, online dating is a lost cause, married or otherwise taken men, losers, old guys and guys who only want to get laid.

What a dream!

Uh oh, what happened? I sense sarcasm in your voice.:)

Well I just did a quick search on there for girls within a 250 mile range of me (Manchester, England), and there were loads of really hot ones, not just IMO, but you could tell they would be classed as hot by most other people.

What a dream!

Then there are those of us hoping to find something real. Unfortunately we get lost in all the noise created by the poseurs and losers.

I was shocked when I checked out girls in 20s on Yahoo personals. There were many very beautiful girls who were much hotter than any movie star.

They all had the only one pic. So, I thought it could not be true.

I was shocked when I checked out girls in 20s on Yahoo personals. There were many very beautiful girls who were much hotter than any movie star.

They all had the only one pic. So, I thought it could not be true.

One thing date sites do bring with them is dating spam. At least weekly I would get an email from a 20 something hot russian girl looking to be my soul mate. I want to have your babies LOL

kiss_andmakeup

I was on okcupid a while back and I met my current boyfriend! Been together for two years now. I agree with the people though who said that girls get soooo many messages per day...and in my case...I met my boyfriend within a couple days of being on the site and a couple of months into the relationship I took my profile down. So I would imagine that for decent looking women in general (I like to think I am decent looking)...they either find what they're looking for pretty fast because you get so many messages per day...or they don't see anybody "worthy" of dating them and take their profile down.

I will say though it's not just attractive girls that are in the minority there...I found it to be the same with guys!

You might find older, more relationship-minded people on pay sites, but I doubt more attractive ones. But hey, I've never tried, so I could be wrong.

The majority of the population aren't super models, so I don't know what everyone is expecting when it comes to online dating.

I met my boyfriend on OKCupid. I would say we are both "7s" or 8s." Some people might think we're ugly though. :p But most importantly, we are each others types! When I was getting a lot of messages from guys, a witty personality caught my attention way more than a hot body or a pretty face.

It's the whole package.

nobody on LS.org is "A-list" anyway so I don't think we have to have to worry about it.

I'm A list.:)

I'm sure many others are too.

Sadly there aren't really all that many attractive people in the world, period. Even here in California, which is known for its "beauties."

But I have slept with almost two dozen women from online dating sites over the years. No real stunners, but as good as the ones I found in bars. Can't complain.

24 women in 2 years? Isn't that promiscuous? Do you have self-esteem issues or something?

24 women in 2 years? Isn't that promiscuous? Do you have self-esteem issues or something?

It could mean the exact opposite. Nothing wrong with sleeping around if you can do it.

Heck I'd have a harem if I could.

It could mean the exact opposite. Nothing wrong with sleeping around if you can do it.

So you're ok with a girl you are really interested in sleeping with that many men?

So you're ok with a girl you are really interested in sleeping with that many men?

Yes indeedy.

I bet she'd be a right goer. :)

Crazy Magnet

I don't know why you guys only think ugly losers end up online. I think I'm good looking and I was online. I think my BF is good looking, and he was online. Neither of us had ever had any problems getting dates or boyfriends/girlfriends, we both just thought, eh, what the heck, I'll try online dating just to see.

We found each other, and wah lah.

My take, after a couple of months on Yahoo, is it's the same mixed bag as IRL. If I was meeting plenty of new people IRL I wouldn't be on Yahoo. I do meet a fair amount of folks, but it's always when traveling and I'm not interested in LDR-type stuff, so online personals put me in touch with ladies closer to home. I've never understood the desire for instant results; all good things in life take time :)

zebracolors

Are you taking applications ?;):laugh:

Teasing of course(?). I suppose I agree, as humans it's in our nature. It's strange, there are so many levels to the human sex drive. On one hand, sex does not have to mean anything such as NSA coupling, but on the other, Ive seen people here say that it's extremly vital part of a healthy relationship.

As for dating sites, I imagine its really hit or miss. They are there for your convenience which explains why they try to match you with people within a certain mile radius of you, as if you were looking for a job with the best commute. Heaven forbid anyone makes a connection with someone outside their state, or country even.:) Merely my thoughts on sites like that, I'm not hating on OkCupid or anything.

BobSacamento
I don't know why you guys only think ugly losers end up online. I think I'm good looking and I was online. I think my BF is good looking, and he was online. Neither of us had ever had any problems getting dates or boyfriends/girlfriends, we both just thought, eh, what the heck, I'll try online dating just to see.

We found each other, and wah lah.

I don't think people are saying only ugly people are online, but the vast majority are rejects one way or another.