I have been blindsided... the MM does it to me again...

I Miss the Kiss

bittersweet memories
I'm glad you aren't letting him back in...Stay strong!

Are you kidding? She's not letting him back in because he does not want to come back in.

How much you want to bit If he wanted her back, she would take him back in a second. He knows that.

I wish you didn't respond to his text, that would of made him wonder.

Don't mean to sound harsh but its true.

Edited by bittersweet memories
  • Author
I Miss the Kiss
Are you kidding? She's not letting him back in because he does not want to come back in.

How much you want to bit If he wanted her back, she would take him back in a second. He knows that.

Trust me, I know he doesn't want back in. That wasn't his point in contacting me. He was fishing to boost his ego, pure and simple. I suppose I did allow that to happen only to the extent that I responded to him at all, but I'm not perfect. The next time I will do better :( I really don't feel like I "need" him anymore to be happy, and I certainly don't "want him" in the shape he is in, if ever. There is no reason to think about the what-ifs, because he will never change. Never.

Who knows if this would have made him wonder. He sounds like an a**clown and a sociopath, especially the part about him asking if she's had sex with anybody. I would have told him "oh yeah..lot's of it" what a jerk.

I Miss The Kiss it is time to go NC.

• Author
I Miss the Kiss
Who knows if this would have made him wonder. He sounds like an a**clown and a sociopath, especially the part about him asking if she's had sex with anybody. I would have told him "oh yeah..lot's of it" what a jerk.

I Miss The Kiss it is time to go NC.

I know :( Its weird, I don't even notice how truly brutal he is until I get on LS and explain it to everyone! I mean, asking "Had any sex?" in a text? Really??? I told him I have a bottle of red wine and two wine glasses just waiting for the right guy... LOL LOL ;) He just about went nuts when I said that. He told me to stop telling him things like that. "I don't want to know anymore... please stop..." WAH WAH WAH

UGH

bittersweet memories
Trust me, I know he doesn't want back in. That wasn't his point in contacting me. He was fishing to boost his ego, pure and simple. I suppose I did allow that to happen only to the extent that I responded to him at all, but I'm not perfect. The next time I will do better :( I really don't feel like I "need" him anymore to be happy, and I certainly don't "want him" in the shape he is in, if ever. There is no reason to think about the what-ifs, because he will never change. Never.

Im glad you're begining to see the light...:)

Wow. I wonder if he thinks your name is YoYo. Because that's exactly how he treats you.

Yep, I can totally understand how communicating with him is actually helping open your eyes. It would be better if you could break away from that totally but you're right that we sometimes have to take baby steps until we're strong enough. He has you going up and down, up and down. Push you away, pull you back. Push, pull. It's insanity. So, he doesn't want to change his life for you, but he doesn't you to be with anyone else. I think he would prefer that you waste your life away pining over him for the next 40 yrs. Now there's an idea!

I think you're doing really well. Hang in there.

I'm pulling for you on this.

In time you will see how truly screwed up this person is.

But you should start to think about not replying to him anymore. Contact keeps the sickness alive. No contact will give you strength to see him for who he really is.

Please keep us posted

double hug

WHY are you responding to his texts?

This is NOT helpful to you nor healthy for you.

Are you seeing a counselor?

Please stop responding...tell him to stop texting you.

You really won't heal and move on if you continue to have contact. I know you think you are handling it, but I have a feeling you are waiting and wondering when he will contact you again.

Please block him -- he is using you and you are allowing him to do that.

WHY are you responding to his texts?

This is NOT helpful to you nor healthy for you.

Are you seeing a counselor?

Please stop responding...tell him to stop texting you.

You really won't heal and move on if you continue to have contact. I know you think you are handling it, but I have a feeling you are waiting and wondering when he will contact you again.

Please block him -- he is using you and you are allowing him to do that.

easy in theory, but not in practice. I agree with you, but it's so hard to do this when emotions are involved.

She needs to find/hit her bottom, she's just not there yet.

Like any good addiction, it makes no sense to outsiders but total sense to the person caught in the addictive behavior

• Author
I Miss the Kiss
easy in theory, but not in practice. I agree with you, but it's so hard to do this when emotions are involved.

She needs to find/hit her bottom, she's just not there yet.

Like any good addiction, it makes no sense to outsiders but total sense to the person caught in the addictive behavior

You are right, RD. I haven't hit bottom, I can honestly say that, but I am VERY CLOSE. I am SO much closer than I ever thought I would be. If I had to use a picture to describe how I feel, it would be me on one side, MM on the other, and a big string stretched between us. He would be holding on casually to his end with one hand, other hand in his pocket, not a worry in the world. I, on the other hand, would be pinching the string between my thumb and forefinger, barely holding on, ready to let go because its just too hard :)

I'm almost ready to let go of my end of the string and let him fall on his a$$ and wonder what hit him :)

You are right, RD. I haven't hit bottom, I can honestly say that, but I am VERY CLOSE. I am SO much closer than I ever thought I would be. If I had to use a picture to describe how I feel, it would be me on one side, MM on the other, and a big string stretched between us. He would be holding on casually to his end with one hand, other hand in his pocket, not a worry in the world. I, on the other hand, would be pinching the string between my thumb and forefinger, barely holding on, ready to let go because its just too hard :)

I'm almost ready to let go of my end of the string and let him fall on his a$$ and wonder what hit him :)

I took RD's rock bottom to mean you haven't hit the bottom of the barrel, you haven't 'gotten hurt' enough by him for YOU to decide you are NOT going to allow someone to do that to you anymore.

I would have guessed checking into inpatient treatment would have been rock bottom, but maybe not. Each person's rock bottom is different.

For your sake, I hope you HAVE hit rock bottom.

No one is saying it is easy, but when your mental health has been so severely damaged, to me, that is when ENOUGH is enough.

I do wish you good luck.

IMTK, I agree with FO. Why would you wait to be hurt by him more before you say 'Enough!' Don't let him do it to you again! Find your strength. Rock bottom is no last ditch resort, it will make no difference to him, but to you it may damn near destroy you. Please, like jthorne says, cut him off. He cares more for himself than you and regardless of that good that he used to make you feel, you do not need his influence in your life.