Any DC area beta males wanna hang out?

betamanlet

• Author
how will you get anywhere when you have such a low opinion of yourself?

i am a social misfit

• Author

Any betas want to come over and watch Coraline 3d on my bluray? It's pretty amazing. Offer limited to 3 betas, since there are only 4 glasses. You may contact the police or bring over baseball bats if that makes you feel safer. I might have D&D there too, gotta get the stuff from my parents.

• Author
Why? Because you're a beta?

I'm 34 and the longest relationship I've ever had was 4-5 months.. Spent maybe 8 months of my life in a relationship..

I'm 34 and the longest relationship I've ever had was 4-5 months.. Spent maybe 8 months of my life in a relationship..

You gotta change your attitude mate.

I didn't have a real relationship until I was 25. Yeah, so you're a little older than that...so what? It's gotta happen sooner or later.

But you have to stop making such a big deal about relationships. I think the problem is that you're in a vicious cycle: you put pressure on yourself to find a relationship, so you end up making a big deal about dating or not dating, and then that just makes it worse.

Try just going out and getting to know a woman (or two or three) and seeing where things lead. Don't "date", just "hang out" or "go out" and feel the situation before you make any moves. Don't spend time thinking about how great it would be to undress your "date" when you're out. Just enjoy the conversation and take the pressure off of yourself.

The other thing is, you can't ever go into a relationship with this attitude, that you're a "beta". If you're lucky enough to score a relationship, this kind of attitude will kill it quickly. No woman wants to think of herself as dating someone who feels like a reject. Moreover, it sets you up to tolerate all kinds of abuse. You don't have to be an "alpha" armed with fake confidence, but don't be a beta either. Just be yourself.

Maybe the problem you're having with romantic relationships is also evident in your relationships with other males? I don't say that to be a schmuck, just pointing out something. One thing that I realized fairly late in life was how important it is for my dating life to have good male friends -- not to have as clandestine gay lovers, but to have as a good support system. You need bros to hang out with once in a while. Plus they often have great insight into how you can score with chicks or deal with their mentality.

Edited by H1N1
  • Author
You gotta change your attitude mate.

I didn't have a real relationship until I was 25. Yeah, so you're a little older than that...so what? It's gotta happen sooner or later.

But you have to stop making such a big deal about relationships. I think the problem is that you're in a vicious cycle: you put pressure on yourself to find a relationship, so you end up making a big deal about dating or not dating, and then that just makes it worse.

Try just going out and getting to know a woman (or two or three) and seeing where things lead. Don't "date", just "hang out" or "go out" and feel the situation before you make any moves. Don't spend time thinking about how great it would be to undress your "date" when you're out. Just enjoy the conversation and take the pressure off of yourself.

The other thing is, you can't ever go into a relationship with this attitude, that you're a "beta". If you're lucky enough to score a relationship, this kind of attitude will kill it quickly. No woman wants to think of herself as dating someone who feels like a reject. Moreover, it sets you up to tolerate all kinds of abuse. You don't have to be an "alpha" armed with fake confidence, but don't be a beta either. Just be yourself.

Maybe the problem you're having with romantic relationships is also evident in your relationships with other males? I don't say that to be a schmuck, just pointing out something. One thing that I realized fairly late in life was how important it is for my dating life to have good male friends -- not to have as clandestine gay lovers, but to have as a good support system. You need bros to hang out with once in a while. Plus they often have great insight into how you can score with chicks or deal with their mentality.

Being myself has gotten me to where I am today. I have some pretty good friends, but as I'm 34, a lot of my friends have gotten married and have dropped off the face of the earth... Pretty much the only people I hang out with are either much younger, or are betas like me.

• Author
Do you play xbox 360? We should play some xbox live games.

I have an Xbox 360, but don't have Live, because I don't really like video games. Got it to entertain my friends when they come over... I have a bunch of games, but am not sure which ones are multiplayer, and I wouldn't really know how to play them :(

I even suck at video games. What k ind of beta can't play video games?

I have an Xbox 360, but don't have Live, because I don't really like video games. Got it to entertain my friends when they come over... I have a bunch of games, but am not sure which ones are multiplayer, and I wouldn't really know how to play them :(

I even suck at video games. What k ind of beta can't play video games?

dude get Live man... get Fight Night Round 4, let's duel! Or maybe we can play some co-op Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.

dude get Live man... get Fight Night Round 4, let's duel! Or maybe we can play some co-op Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.

I'm more of a Call of Duty 2 kinda guy myself...

• Author

All my games are older, though I think a year ago I bought a new game but have never played it. It's one of those shootem up games, like Call of Duty Mondern Warfare or something like that... The only game I somewhat like is the Star Trek game, but I don't think it is multiplayer.... I have some boxing game, but I doubt it's the one you are talking about.

OH! I got that American Idol Encore karaoke game..

That only makes you a misfit if you are overly conscious about it.

OH! I got that American Idol Encore karaoke game..

Excellent. Karaoke bar. DC. Make it happen.

• Author
Excellent. Karaoke bar. DC. Make it happen.

Uh, trust me, you wouldn't want to be around me if I have to drink as much as I do to sing in public... If there are Japanese style karaoke places here, I'll do those, but no f'ing way will I do the typical thing they have here.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm going to start a betting pool that Beta will ALWAYS find an excuse to meet up with any of you.

Heh, agreed. I will make it my life's goal to get him out and about.

Heh, agreed. I will make it my life's goal to get him out and about.

I can't wait to hear about your efforts...

You *do* realize there are a number of other sites about Beta and his continuing "issues" of being a Beta don't you? I'm not part of them, but have googled around and read some interesting things.