Are you insecure?

betamanlet

Jasmine is a lovely scent, but has become a trifle ubiquitous, IMO. Maybe it's partially that it grows well where I live and I smell it all the time just walking around the neighborhood. I have cats and kids, so no candles here either, but I do use either the plug-in scent oils or occasionally burn incense. I like sage or vanilla, depending on my mood and the weather, and I keep small live rosemary trees in the kitchen. Also my laundry is scented with lavender.

• Author
Jasmine is a lovely scent, but has become a trifle ubiquitous, IMO. Maybe it's partially that it grows well where I live and I smell it all the time just walking around the neighborhood. I have cats and kids, so no candles here either, but I do use either the plug-in scent oils or occasionally burn incense. I like sage or vanilla, depending on my mood and the weather, and I keep small live rosemary trees in the kitchen. Also my laundry is scented with lavender.

whoa, where do you live where Jasmine is growing? I like lavender, but I'm also allergic to it....

In my experience jasmine grows well and almost year-round in several areas of western Europe and western Canada as well as the American Pacific Northwest. It's easy to care for in temperate weather so I planted it at the townhouse I keep as a rental, and both my parents' and my MIL's gardens each have a solid wall of night-blooming jasmine. Attracts a lot of bees in the summer, though.

Febreeze scent stories is one of the coolest things ever. Cats are the other coolest thing ever. I don't see the problem.

• Author
Febreeze scent stories is one of the coolest things ever. Cats are the other coolest thing ever. I don't see the problem.

good deals on ebay. yankee candle brand scentstories for 10 bucks, shipped

SoulSearch_CO
I'm pretty open about things that would embarass most guys, not like I volunteer it, but if you came to my apartment, you'd notice it smells great because I have a scentstories player that's always on, smells amazing. Beats the smell of litter box, that's for sure... I'm sure women would think it's girly, but I couldn't care less.

I don't get what it has to do with insecurity. And I don't think it's "girly," either. I have a VERY sensitive nose and can pick out stuff in the air that nobody else can. I would find this to be very considerate to your guests and it would definitely go in the "plus" column. :)

Oh, I also have a bidet toilet seat, the type they have in japan.

what do teh girls think of that?

Guy I'm dating has one. I don't think it's a big deal. I find it amusing that he thought to buy one. I've never used it.

• Author

Oh, I also have a Tassimo coffee machine that makes lattes and cappucinos and caramel macchiatos, I have glasses specially designed for it so you can see how pretty the drinks are when you're not just making regular coffee with it...

Okay. I mean, that sounds pretty great, to me. Is that supposed to be a traditionally girly thing that might trigger insecurity somehow, too? Maybe it's a cultural thing but most of the men I know enjoy a latte or mocha now and then aside from just straight coffee. My husband would probably like that machine, maybe I'll get him one for his next birthday.

torranceshipman
The paintings and art on my walls are done by me. I have lavendar scent in my bathroom and my bed sheet is always clean and pillows fluffy.

I wear black boxer briefs and enjoys wearing dress shoes all the time.

What are we talking about here?!

That sounds pretty cool :D

• Author
Okay. I mean, that sounds pretty great, to me. Is that supposed to be a traditionally girly thing that might trigger insecurity somehow, too? Maybe it's a cultural thing but most of the men I know enjoy a latte or mocha now and then aside from just straight coffee. My husband would probably like that machine, maybe I'll get him one for his next birthday.

www.tassimodirect.com

I'm not normally a latte man, but if I can get them at home, i'll have them every once in a while, not going to make an effort to go out and get them, as I am not a huge fan of dairy...

I'm totally threadjacking here but I'm going to tell you all a story. So I go to this party the other night, and there's this girl there who is totally hot, long brunette hair, beautiful almost Native American looking. This party happens to be in a rain forest and much as the location would imply, it started raining and she ends up in her bra. Amazing body too! Little while later Im bored off to the side and I start talking to this guy. This guy has some kind of vocal problem so is very hard to understand, wears glasses, has dorky long Star Trekkie type hair, and just a complete dork by societies standards. No big deal to me, whatever. Then he says something about his girlfriend and I'm like who's your girl? It's HER! The one from before! I seriously wanted to bow to this dude then and there. I don't know how he did it, and I don't know how I've done it (ok I kind of know) time and time again. I used to be a total dork, loser whatever, now, I roll big and date nothing but hot, amazing women all the time. I even amaze myself. Point to this whole threadjack is seriously man, grow a pair, get out there and do it. You got something good going for you and that's what you work with. Here, I'll even show you a picture...

IMG_6624.jpg

Now seriously, the guy on the left got the girl on the right? Seriously!? Yah not 9 months ago she was begging me, BEGGING me to marry her! Some **** happened but whatever. Anyway, sorry for the rant (not really) but I had to say this on one of these weenie whining threads and this is the one I chose.

Edited by Zeegagge
paddington bear

See Beetamanlet, you think what you have is girly, but I beg to differ. They are all gadgets of sorts, the bidet thing, the coffee machine the scent spurting-outer. Apart from the cats, but cats are great - I mistrust men who don't like cats...usually the reason given is that they are sly (no) or I've often heard that they are sly, just like women. So, you are onto a winner there too.

Real girls would just have a normal toilet, ok I guess they'd have a coffee machine too...but the rest is all manly gadgetry (I don't have a coffee machine, I've those little European ones pots that make espresso, that you have to unscrew and put water in the bottom and coffee in the top and put on top of the stove, and the water steams up through the coffee. I love the ritual of it, so would never get a machine).

(Zeegage you threadjacker) what did you do to effect the miraculous change? Lavender pillows? Vanilla scented candles? Cats that are trained to flush the toilet after them? (Betamanlet that's your next impressive move)

SoulSearch_CO
Oh, I also have a Tassimo coffee machine that makes lattes and cappucinos and caramel macchiatos, I have glasses specially designed for it so you can see how pretty the drinks are when you're not just making regular coffee with it...

You know, Beta...they have a word for what you're describing in this thread. It's called metro. Of course, this would also extend to personal hygiene, the way you dress, etc. But if it does - embrace it, dude. Some chicks dig it. The guy I'm dating describes himself as metro. I'm not sure I totally agree with that, but to give you a "for instance," he used my shampoo when we went on a trip together. The dude is bald. LOL WTF does he need shampoo for? And there was one day when he took 3 freaking showers. I'm a chick and I hate having to take more than ONE shower in a day.

But anyway - if he was into coffee, I could see him doing the coffee machine thing.

I'm a real bad boy with my lilac scented apartment and my bidet!

Yea! you go boy! And stop dating girls who want you to smell dirty. Couldn't they see you looked groomed when they met you?

Though saying that a guy i went out with for 3 years was a dirty slob. Had something against deodorant and underpants. even the cute ones with cartoons on. I was so shocked when I broke up with him and realised that guys could actually smell nice!

Sweet. What about those fancy little coasters? and those long thin stirring spoons?

I'm totally threadjacking here but I'm going to tell you all a story. So I go to this party the other night, and there's this girl there who is totally hot, long brunette hair, beautiful almost Native American looking. This party happens to be in a rain forest and much as the location would imply, it started raining and she ends up in her bra. Amazing body too! Little while later Im bored off to the side and I start talking to this guy. This guy has some kind of vocal problem so is very hard to understand, wears glasses, has dorky long Star Trekkie type hair, and just a complete dork by societies standards. No big deal to me, whatever. Then he says something about his girlfriend and I'm like who's your girl? It's HER! The one from before! I seriously wanted to bow to this dude then and there. I don't know how he did it, and I don't know how I've done it (ok I kind of know) time and time again. I used to be a total dork, loser whatever, now, I roll big and date nothing but hot, amazing women all the time. I even amaze myself. Point to this whole threadjack is seriously man, grow a pair, get out there and do it. You got something good going for you and that's what you work with. Here, I'll even show you a picture...

IMG_6624.jpg

Now seriously, the guy on the left got the girl on the right? Seriously!? Yah not 9 months ago she was begging me, BEGGING me to marry her! Some **** happened but whatever. Anyway, sorry for the rant (not really) but I had to say this on one of these weenie whining threads and this is the one I chose.

What are you talking about man? Have you never heard of geek chic?

Plus why did you let a girl beg you to get married?

• Author
See Beetamanlet, you think what you have is girly, but I beg to differ. They are all gadgets of sorts, the bidet thing, the coffee machine the scent spurting-outer. Apart from the cats, but cats are great - I mistrust men who don't like cats...usually the reason given is that they are sly (no) or I've often heard that they are sly, just like women. So, you are onto a winner there too.

Real girls would just have a normal toilet, ok I guess they'd have a coffee machine too...but the rest is all manly gadgetry (I don't have a coffee machine, I've those little European ones pots that make espresso, that you have to unscrew and put water in the bottom and coffee in the top and put on top of the stove, and the water steams up through the coffee. I love the ritual of it, so would never get a machine).

(Zeegage you threadjacker) what did you do to effect the miraculous change? Lavender pillows? Vanilla scented candles? Cats that are trained to flush the toilet after them? (Betamanlet that's your next impressive move)

Cant toilet train my cats because the bidet is electric and the gets could get electrocuted if they pee on the seat.

• Author
Until I see a Roomba, I remain unimpressed.

I have a roomba AND a scooba, but I don't use them. I prefer cleaning the floors with my more powerful vacuum.

• Author
Sweet. What about those fancy little coasters? and those long thin stirring spoons?

nah, i don't use coasters... no spoons either... I don't spend much money on dining ware and utensils because I don't have anyone to "impress" other than myself, and what I have is adequate, regular target stuff.

• Author
You know, Beta...they have a word for what you're describing in this thread. It's called metro. Of course, this would also extend to personal hygiene, the way you dress, etc. But if it does - embrace it, dude. Some chicks dig it. The guy I'm dating describes himself as metro. I'm not sure I totally agree with that, but to give you a "for instance," he used my shampoo when we went on a trip together. The dude is bald. LOL WTF does he need shampoo for? And there was one day when he took 3 freaking showers. I'm a chick and I hate having to take more than ONE shower in a day.

But anyway - if he was into coffee, I could see him doing the coffee machine thing.

my ex would complain about me taking a lot of showers. I like the noise of running water because I have tinnitus and the sound of water is very peaceful to me. If it's the summer, I'll take 2 showers a day.... That apparently wasn't being "manly" and she complained about it.

deux ex machina
I have a roomba AND a scooba, but I don't use them. I prefer cleaning the floors with my more powerful vacuum.

I think I'm sufficiently impressed.

Anyway, sorry for the rant (not really) but I had to say this on one of these weenie whining threads and this is the one I chose.

Where's the "weenie whining" in this thread? Are you peddling some PUA course or something?

SoulSearch_CO
my ex would complain about me taking a lot of showers. I like the noise of running water because I have tinnitus and the sound of water is very peaceful to me. If it's the summer, I'll take 2 showers a day.... That apparently wasn't being "manly" and she complained about it.

I'm sorry, Beta, but IMO, you have been dating the wrong types of women. I thought it was cute that he took 3 showers. LOL It did not diminish his manliness in my eyes at all.

And I have to ask now that I'm thinking about his bidet seat - is yours heated, too? :bunny: I love that thing. Sit down and it automatically warms up. LOL