Keyloggers

spyware and keyloggers are two different things....spyware is a program which keeps track of internet activities(websites you visit,other things you do on the net)...same info will be forwarded to the repective companies..based on the sites you visit you will get to have a ad-ware(free advertising ,pop ups and other shiyt)most of the old keyloggers or freely available on net are revised version of spywares hence they can be detected/destroyed through spybot,antivirus and other modescoming to the high end keyloggers....neither they can be detected or traceable through a antivirus nor LAN, WAN...even i can reach you in your office (most of them can be deported through a mail)again, i can uninstall them if i know the keylogger being used in my system(by a simple search on my system)....thats the very reason either they have code based unistallation or source files will not reside in your system(placed on a server)i will try to get the program which will detect if there is any port opened on your systembetter fromat your system

I know this is a bit of a rabbit trail, but since you are so computer savvy, how do those hacker services hack email passwords for money? Scares the daylights out of me that any one of them could target me and gain access to sensitive banking data, etc that is in my email....

there are only two ways of hacking your email....one is fishing,another is key loggerpy

do not believe in any product which would tell you about the password guesser or password cracks....none of them work(all of them are spy wares)

but it's not impossible to hack...your email passwords

method1:

i will create a pseudo email page send it to you by a mail including a msg which says your account will be seized if you do not provide the password....in turn it will send the password to my email

or i can install a kelogger on your system through your email, if you open the email(that is it, i can have access to your entire system)

method 2:most effective

if i know your....first name ,last name...i will gather as much info on you available on net...

most of us use same passwords for all mails,forums,banking...etc

most of these open forums are vulnerable,no firewalls(easily breakable)....that is the very reason our passwords will be converted into md5 encryption...again 90% of these MD5 passwords can be decrypted....

so if i can able to crack one of your password...i might gain the access to every mail of yours

and do not worry about loveshack....this one is powered by vbulliten 3.8.4 version(latest)....as for as i know people can hack up to 3.6.X version

Scorp, thank you so much, this is great info! Ya my email at some point must have been hacked....started seeing my password on the info before you open an email...on the "letter head".

Then someone went on google and used my email contacts and contacted them saying they were me asking for money that I was stuck in the UK...

This is great Scorp!

I know this is a bit of a rabbit trail, but since you are so computer savvy, how do those hacker services hack email passwords for money? Scares the daylights out of me that any one of them could target me and gain access to sensitive banking data, etc that is in my email....

Based on what Scorp is saying, if I'm understanding correctly, the best thing to do is keep all passwords different, and difficult? Is this right Scorp?

I'm on the non-cheating side of things and I still don't agree with keyloggers. As for the don't ever tell that I've said, if you had read it you would know it was advice I had been given from my mother, but it is something I agree with. If I hadn't asked before, I would fully expect H not to tell me. And probably why he didn't tell me when I asked because at the time I would have totally flipped. Anyway.

I have a right to expect the stuff I do on my computer to stay mine. Sometimes he irritates me to no end and yeah I will b**** to my friends about whatever is irritating me. He doesn't need to see that. He doesn't need to see the problems they share with me that they are dealing with. I don't want him to know I snooped because he would be upset over my betrayal and I don't want him to know that I know. There lots of things I don't want him to see on my computer. He doesn't know I post here and I keep this hidden because I need a place where I can go to to help me deal with this.

But most importantly, I have the right to my own thoughts without his having to share them. And he has the right to his own thoughts without having to share them either. I am legally his partner, not his owner. We have combined where we live, how we raise our children, we share a bed, finances. But we don't own the other.

I have always told my H that its really the men who are usually the most controling in a relationship. He insists its the women. From what I see here? Its the men most controling.

And In Repair - the money would have been the last straw. I also gotta wonder what you behave like if your parents belived that of you.

CCL

I agree completely with this post. I was spied on and I can tell you it is mental rape. It is like going into a shop with a security guard watching you, you always feel guilty or behave differently as a result. It changes your ability to be yourself, it is like mind reading, nothing can be gained from it, if you have to do that, you definitely need to divorce. Nobody owns anybody, married or not.

If someone goes to the trouble of installing a keylogger, usually they have good reason to be suspicious.I dont think it's controlling.granted some people out there have 'other problems' and no basis for their suspicions.But let's be realistic-its very rare and doesn't apply to the situation getting dicussed here- we're talking about decent people who took their marriage vows in good faith and find they are being betrayed.Yes, you can try and 'communicate' with your OH as someone pointed out, but someone who's deceitful enough to embark on affair isn't going to admit to it.In a fairytale world, yes they will say hands up, I'm caught.Doesn't work that way.You only have to read the other man/other woman forums on here to see the strength of the deceit and lies -a cheating spouse will usually NEVER admit to anything.So to heck with their invasion of privacy, if someone gave me reason for suspicion, I'd do it in a heartbeat, and kick their sorry ass to the kerb once I got my confirmation.