Girls what do i do about my dry skin

Dry skin...

The last dermatologist I saw for my eczema (dry skin) told me not to waste my money and the best 'treatment' for the skin was a very light coat of vaseline.. if you put too much it will feel too greasy... a very light coat works wonders..

laRubiaBonita

i use baby oil gel right after i shower.

also, try increasing your amega 3 fatty acids.... eat more salmon, olive oil, nuts (:lmao:), get a humidifier.....

Cerave lotion gives your skin ceramides, one of three fatty acids that make up the mortar of the skin and that is depleted in people with dry skin, or in eczema skin, not made properly. Use the lotion as many times as you want per day and your skin will really turn around. You then can use any of the other creams mentioned in this thread, eucerin, vaseline, shea butter, all good, on top of that to seal it in. Also, use a humidifier in winter to increase the humidity in the air. Don't use harsh soaps. Use Dove or cerave. And get a soft water shower head for your shower. There. Now, can I have some quid pro quo when I want some advice on my man??? Ha ha!;)

• Author
I use a three step procedure which is the only thing i've found in all my life that works for me.

Firstly, when you shower or bath, use a very gentle scrub shower gel, it is the flaking skin that makes you itch so you need to remove it, but be very gentle, its a circular motion, dont rub yourself raw!!

Then, after that, wash the problem areas using an emolient lotion. I use E45 emolient lotion.

Its a wash cream, but it doesnt lather, it creates a barrier to stop you drying out so quickly.

when you get out of the shower or bath, pat yourself dry, dont rub your skin.

Then apply a moisturiser specifically for problem dry/sensitive skin.

i guarantee this will definately sort you out. :)

i can't do all that girlie stuff :laugh:

• Author
I put baby oil in my bath water and soak for a while when my skin gets dry- it keeps me soft all day.

i'm a boy, i don't take baths :lmao:

skydiveaddict

just use a piece of sandpaper or a jagged rock to scrape off that disgusting, rotting layer of dead skin

just use a piece of sandpaper or a jagged rock to scrape off that disgusting, rotting layer of dead skin

God, sarcastic witty men are sooo sexy!:D

I was thinking of a piece of broken glass.. maybe right after using it to shave his beard with..

alpha.. The dermatologist had some good advice too...

I don't have dry skin but have known some people who do..

• Author
alpha.. The dermatologist had some good advice too.....

that ointment shadowplay recommended is doing teh job

It depends on where its dry, if you have dry feet, try putting vasoline on them and then warm up a wet sock and put the sock over your feet.

• Author
It depends on where its dry, if you have dry feet, try putting vasoline on them and then warm up a wet sock and put the sock over your feet.

how would i sleep?

Cetaphil moisturizer is usually good. You can find it at most drug stores. It's cheap, but effective.

I second the motion. Best thing ever. :bunny:

thats whut i'm using, its grrrrreat!

Chicago winters are tough, I know.

The only thing that gets me through are Cetaphil and regular trips to the bar. :D

• Author

ok girls a 1st for alpha.

i took a shower and then put on moisturizer

it feels great, i have so much moisture now i feel like a bucket of water :lmao:

it feels great, i have so much moisture now i feel like a bucket of water :lmao:

That's all any of us are anyway. We're like soup with structure.

• Author
Healthy skin starts from the inside. You are just masking the symptoms alpha.

so i have dry skin cause my insides are bad? i don't understand

so i have dry skin cause my insides are bad? i don't understand

It's probably excessive masturbation that is causing the dry skin..

You should drink a full glass of water after rubbing one out alpha :laugh: