When a guy only ignores you, what does this mean?

MissJoness

I've ignored women that I wasnt attracted to that I saw looking at me, or trying to get my attention. I shouldnt have, but Ive done it. That might be what hes doing, it has nothing to do with what you said or didnt say.

• Author
I've ignored women that I wasnt attracted to that I saw looking at me, or trying to get my attention. I shouldnt have, but Ive done it. That might be what hes doing, it has nothing to do with what you said or didnt say.

What about when a guy does this when you have not hit on him or have not made gave him any indication that you are even attracted to him? I'm talking about those situations. It seems to be done on purpose

What about when a guy does this when you have not hit on him or have not made gave him any indication that you are even attracted to him? I'm talking about those situations. It seems to be done on purpose

I remember one coworker two years ago did this to me. He acted as if I liked him and he was trying to avoid me, which was incredibly bizarre because I wasn't attracted to him at all and had just been cordially friendly when we first met. Has only happened to me once or twice, but it's supremely annoying when it does. It's like...who the f does this guy think he is?

Don't internalize his actions.

There are two reasons why a guy would do this:

1. He doesn't like you.
  2. He's playing stupid games.

In either scenario, why would you care about his reasons? I see no positives in his actions. Ignore and move on.

deux ex machina

Since he is ignoring you in an ostentatious way, it has some sort of meaning to him.

You don't do this to a person you are indifferent to.

If the guy is flat out ignoreing you and literally passing you by to attend to others.. not talking to you or even looking at you.

Then he finds something wrong or unappealing and is being a baby about it.

Ignore the dude back or call him out on it.

I seriously doubt this has any attraction involved.

Left in a Lurch

It's funny, as a guy I have had this happen with women a lot. There have been times when there would be a table full of people and the only open chair was next to me and a woman would come sit with us, look at the chair, start towards it then hesitate and turn and grab a chair from another table and squeeze between two other people.

A girl once told me she thought I was cocky when I first met her. The funny thing is that the time she was talking about I remembered I walked in with a group of people, was introduced with the rest of them and said, "Hello" and left a like 2 minutes later minutes later. When I said this to her she said she thought maybe I looked cocky.

I think it's about initial perception because I noticed if I make it a point to talk to the people that have ignored me like that, they have no problem with me and we get along fine. If I don't go out of my way it always seems like the next time they ignore me even more. It might be a matter of shyness of the women combined with a vibe I give off. I'm usually quiet but can hold the room when I feel like it so their perception might be that I am cocky, or I am ignoring them.

It just takes people longer to warm up to me than most other people and I have to make more of an effort to put them at ease.

Well, I'd like to know how come this doesn't happen to other women? Do they just have better social skills?

I don't bother internalizing this shyte. If someone ignores me, I ignore them. Pretty simple.

I worked with a guy who treated me like that once. It really hurt my feelings, and I couldn't figure out why he was nice to everyone else but ignored me. I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with me or what I'd done to him. Then, after I left that job, I found out that he was threatened by my getting hired, and thought our boss might have brought me on to be his replacement. He was concerned about getting fired because of stuff that had happened between him and our boss. It all went down before I came along and had nothing whatsoever to do with me. He was also angry because he thought I didn't have to apprentice as long as he did (which I can understand, but it wasn't true.) The point is, it probably isn't about you at all.

That said, why not just ask him?

Left in a Lurch
I don't bother internalizing this shyte. If someone ignores me, I ignore them. Pretty simple.

That's not very nice Threebyfate. Looking at your picture the only people that would have ignored you were obviously blind people. I can't believe you would ignore people for being blind!

deux ex machina
I worked with a guy who treated me like that once. It really hurt my feelings, and I couldn't figure out why he was nice to everyone else but ignored me. I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with me or what I'd done to him. Then, after I left that job, I found out that he was threatened by my getting hired, and thought our boss might have brought me on to be his replacement. He was concerned about getting fired because of stuff that had happened between him and our boss. It all went down before I came along and had nothing whatsoever to do with me. He was also angry because he thought I didn't have to apprentice as long as he did (which I can understand, but it wasn't true.) The point is, it probably isn't about you at all.

That said, why not just ask him?

+ 1

You might be surprised how often it works! :bunny:

That's not very nice Threebyfate. Looking at your picture the only people that would have ignored you were obviously blind people. I can't believe you would ignore people for being blind!
Ha...while flattering, it kind of trivializes my point. ;)

No matter who you are and what you look like, there will be people both male and female who you won't get along with. Not too many people are universally liked or considered universally attractive, so why sweat it? It's really okay to be who you are. It's not okay to internalize rejection from someone who's meaningless in your life. When you internalize this shyte, you give them significance in your life, significance they don't deserve.

To talk to them about it, only serves to give credit to their significance in your life.

He might think you think you're too good for him, and that you're high-and-mighty...KWIM? Not that you think you actually think you are, but insecure guys sometimes think confident women think that way. And so in response, he's trying to intentionally snub you, to try to put you back in place.

Or, and I really hate to say this, perhaps he's a racist arsehole.

sadly,I as a guy, have done this before. It was with a girl I liked tho. Sometimes I like a girl, and its awkward between us for whatever reason(or i make it awkward for reasons known to me), and i will just not talk to her unless she says something to me. I just felt inadequate and small.

You're very pretty and have a stunning smile. I have no idea why people would treat you this way. I have personally never experienced anything like this. It sounds like something is preceding you - perhaps a false story that's circulating and people are getting wind of it and passing judgement. Or, they may be prejudiced. I think if it happened to me, I would just ignore these people in return.

I only ignore women when they are annoying, creepy or boring. The basic idea is that I fear continued interaction will cause future interactions.

I'm doing this with a woman at work. It's working fairly well.

I clicked on your profile - you are a very attractive woman.

And now I will make an observation that you will just have to accept or reject. You have made some fairly blunt - and negative - comments about guys who are below a certain height. At 5'6" I am sure that I fall below your height threshold.

I have had one situation in my life where I dealt with blatant height discrimination with a boss. Tall white male boss as it were. And early on I accepted that the standard model with females - dating - was if they were taller they were NOT interested. Luckily - there were enough women below my height that I was able to have fun and eventually meet/marry someone who I was really into and who was really into me. And long term that worked out really well for both of us as we are happy in year 21.

As for you - welcome to the world of visual discrimination. These folks ignoring you are doing it based on a glance. Just like you do it to males who aren't as tall as you might like.

If it gets obvious enough, ask him what the deal is!
Awesome Username

oops, I messed up. lol, deleted!

Edited by Awesome Username