Dating a Muslim...

TaleSpin

Midnight Rider
Oh brother...

You can always tell the freaks of a religion by how zealously they defend their own while attacking another.

Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you.

I kinda like the muslim culture generally - except in its medieval gritty glory - not in its present day meek, helpless and frustrated reincarnation.

In the modern world all these values are unfortunately irrelevant (and some of them even illegal :laugh::laugh:)and silly, so it's nothing but a refuge for the frustrated (much like any other religion), and will inevitably create unnecessary complications in trying to build a life together.

Midnight Rider
No, it's not. You're using this for your own propaganda against Islam. What matters the most is what her bf does, not how you choose to interpret their Holy Book.

What propaganda? I was only quoting some references from Qu'ran, and if you do some research of your own you will see for yourself that beating one's wife is permitted in Islam, as is a man having multiple wives. What's the problem? Am I being bad for pointing out the truth and the obvious? How am I supposed to interpret a Qu'ran passage which specifically mentions instructions for beating one's wife? My goodness, give me a break.

As for others like Reservoirdog1 and Ruderless and Hoogie, they love to swiftly rebuke those who criticize Islam and/or mention a reference to Christianity. That's their style. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they believe that the Fort Hood incident had nothing to do with Islam (but that's another topic).

The display of political correctness in this thread is nauseating. I would add more to my defense, but the more I write the more this thread goes off topic. And I don't really feel like getting a ticket from Tony.

So would you date a Nazi if you liked him and his beliefs did not affect your relationship? Let's say he was super hot, witty, a musician, and didn't run around all day yelling "Heil Hitler"?

Firstly, this reference is extremely unfair.

But - seriously, if you're not going to shag, and you don't want to marry him, why ever do you want to date him? What do you gain from the relationship?

I would date anyone from any religion, but I'd expect some good lovin during the relationship.

I have dated a Muslim and he wanted sex. But I think it depends on how religious he is. If he's really religious, then no sex before marriage and virgin wife is a given but if he tells you he isn't very religious then nothing to be concern about. You should ask him how religious he is.

Then you have the rub. I believe the OP was in California then he, the Muslim man, knows what he has to say to get sex. If he says the right thing is it true, or just the truth his little head wants to tell? On her side would she be interested knowing going in that there is a greater chance then normal that she would be flushed in the end like a used condom?

What propaganda? I was only quoting some references from Qu'ran, and if you do some research of your own you will see for yourself that beating one's wife is permitted in Islam, as is a man having multiple wives. What's the problem? Am I being bad for pointing out the truth and the obvious? How am I supposed to interpret a Qu'ran passage which specifically mentions instructions for beating one's wife? My goodness, give me a break.

It is said that beating should be the last resort, not that whenever a wife does not listen to the husband, he is allowed to beat her up as much as he likes. Sheesh. Get it right. Like I said, if you want to state what you know, at least make sure you understand it. You're taking what you know from the Qu'ran.

Some of you are so ignorant.

Yes, go on. Report me for saying that :rolleyes:

Midnight Rider
It is said that beating should be the last resort, not that whenever a wife does not listen to the husband, he is allowed to beat her up as much as he likes. Sheesh. Get it right. Like I said, if you want to state what you know, at least make sure you understand it. You're taking what you know from the Qu'ran.

I simply quoted the passage, I didn't make any points like 'whenever he wants to beat her' and how much beating, or whatever you are saying. I merely stated that it is allowed according to Qu'ran.

Some of you are so ignorant.

Please, take it easy Princess Leia. :rolleyes:

Edited by Midnight Rider
Citizen Erased
Please, take it easy Princess Leia. :rolleyes:

She's not being a princess, she's right. I'm not even Muslim and I am horrified by the ignorance displayed on this thread.

As for others like Reservoirdog1 and Ruderless and Hoogie, they love to swiftly rebuke those who criticize Islam and/or mention a reference to Christianity. That's their style. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they believe that the Fort Hood incident had nothing to do with Islam (but that's another topic).

The display of political correctness in this thread is nauseating. I would add more to my defense, but the more I write the more this thread goes off topic. And I don't really feel like getting a ticket from Tony

Wow what a strawman argument. It's nothing to do with loving to rebuke anyone who is critical of a religion or political correctness. You're now implying you made an argument purely about Islam which the PC brigade took offence to, except you didn't, you made your argument about the OP's choice of partner, because of his religion.

If you want to argue about how bad islam is, do it on a political forum instead of claiming that someone the OP is dating is going to beat her up because of his religion.

It's a stupid argument, and makes you out to be an ignorant clown.

And go on report me for that :rolleyes:

Edited by Rudderless
Midnight Rider
Wow what a strawman argument. It's nothing to do with loving to rebuke anyone who is critical of a religion or political correctness. You're now implying you made an argument purely about Islam which the PC brigade took offence to, except you didn't, you made your argument about the OP's choice of partner, because of his religion.

If you want to argue about how bad islam is, do it on a political forum instead of claiming that someone the OP is dating is going to beat her up because of his religion.

It's a stupid argument, and makes you out to be an ignorant clown.

And go on report me for that :rolleyes:

Tony will be in touch with you soon. Thanks for your kind words.:laugh:

Midnight Rider
They weren't kind, just the truth. Worth an infraction for sure :rolleyes:

You overreacted. I didn't say a lot, you are just a fanatic that's all. I merely responded with some points relevant to the conversation about a woman dating a muslim guy... the thread is on that very topic. I pointed out about multiple wives and wife beating, because IT'S TRUE and if you want I can debate you on that and easily win and make you look like a fool (regardless that you already are one). No matter how you twist it up and re-blend things, the teachings are there. There is no question about it. I am often repeating myself here, because it seems we have some stubborn people who just don't want to accept that islam has some issues. I am not making a deal of it, but if you and others like to challenge me or put me down, pal, I've got a lot more to come back with. I am just trying to be civil and not carry astray too much. And why are you so passionate and offended? Sounds like you are either a muslim yourself, or just an over achieving advocate of PC. Either way, if you don't like what I am saying then that's just tough. :p

You overreacted. I didn't say a lot, you are just a fanatic that's all. I merely responded with some points relevant to the conversation about a woman dating a muslim guy... the thread is on that very topic. I pointed out about multiple wives and wife beating, because IT'S TRUE and if you want I can debate you on that and easily win and make you look like a fool (regardless that you already are one). No matter how you twist it up and re-blend things, the teachings are there. There is no question about it. I am often repeating myself here, because it seems we have some stubborn people who just don't want to accept that islam has some issues. I am not making a deal of it, but if you and others like to challenge me or put me down, pal, I've got a lot more to come back with. I am just trying to be civil and not carry astray too much. And why are you so passionate and offended? Sounds like you are either a muslim yourself, or just an over achieving advocate of PC. Either way, if you don't like what I am saying then that's just tough. :p

Not passionate and offended. If we want to talk about bad teaching, it's annoying that tax is taken from me and put into a free education that's wasted on people like you. :rolleyes:

I'll tell you one thing, it wasn't God who dictated those words. At least not the same one who sent Christ.

This is not propaganda in the least, and completely related to OP's question, amirite? :rolleyes:

Like Rudderless says, save your opinions for a political thread at least. You're going so far out of topic that it isn't the least bit funny.

I'll tell you one thing, it wasn't God who dictated those words. At least not the same one who sent Christ.

This is not propaganda in the least, and completely related to OP's question, amirite? :rolleyes:

Like Rudderless says, save your opinions for a political thread at least. You're going so far out of topic that it isn't the least bit funny.

shame that this thread has turned into a debate about islam.

But i think that most of us can at least agree that sometimes mixed religion relationships don't work out.

Not because either religion is bad or whatever, but simply because each person has requirements that the other cannot uphold.

whether this particular relationship is going to work out depends entirely on the OP and the guy and their own beliefs and requirements.

OP just needs to know exactly what these requirements would be, and the guy also needs to know that, for example, if he did require her to convert, that the OP would not be prepared to do so.

they just need to know what they would require from each other, and if the they would both be prepared to do this.

Pretty much the same as any relationship really. we all make compromises over certain things.

Its just that the guy happens to be a muslim, and thats obviously going to drag up lots of other comments because that religion in particular is subject to a lot of controversy.

Midnight Rider

Sigh.. sorry iuf I offended you.