June 25,2009 is the date

• Author
TogetherForever
i'm happy for you...

Thank You alphamale!!

It took a really really long time to get here & I am happy.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
TogetherForever

Was at a bridal shower for my guys son's fiance.

His soon to be ex wife was there.

She introduced herself to me & said she's been over the drama for quite some time now & that she doesn't want to feel uncomfortable any more.

I shook her hand while agreeing with her & told her it was nice meeting her.

It was pretty cool!!!

Oh & his divorce decree hasn't come yet. Takes 90 days, so prolly

in Sept. :)

Was at a bridal shower for my guys son's fiance.

His soon to be ex wife was there.

She introduced herself to me & said she's been over the drama for quite some time now & that she doesn't want to feel uncomfortable any more.

I shook her hand while agreeing with her & told her it was nice meeting her.

It was pretty cool!!!

Oh & his divorce decree hasn't come yet. Takes 90 days, so prolly

in Sept. :)

That's great. Now hopefully he sees his fears as unfounded and can get on with you to the living part.

• Author
TogetherForever
That's great. Now hopefully he sees his fears as unfounded and can get on with you to the living part.

What does that mean? ^^^

What does that mean? ^^^

It just means that you don't have the whole divorce thing hanging over your head anymore. You don't have to live with his past obligation looming large over you as before.

It was his fears that kept things the way they were. She had moved on. He was with you. All that was needed was the legal divorce. And it was important to you that he did divorce based on your posts from years ago.

Now you guys can make plans that don't have to go around his former marriage. And the fact that she said she was done with the awkwardness proves, to me, that the fact that they were still legally married was what caused the it.

I think I'm rambling. I hope you can find my point in there somewhere. :)

I missed this thread before..

Good for you..

It's nice that she can be civil with you.. as you will probably see her again sometimes (for the kids' events)...

Same thing happened with my first ex's ex.. she eventually remarried, she invited me a few times to her place for special events... we (my ex and I) went to her place for drinks..

It was all good.. she was a very good person..

• Author
TogetherForever
It just means that you don't have the whole divorce thing hanging over your head anymore. You don't have to live with his past obligation looming large over you as before.

It was his fears that kept things the way they were. She had moved on. He was with you. All that was needed was the legal divorce. And it was important to you that he did divorce based on your posts from years ago.

Now you guys can make plans that don't have to go around his former marriage. And the fact that she said she was done with the awkwardness proves, to me, that the fact that they were still legally married was what caused the it.

I think I'm rambling. I hope you can find my point in there somewhere. :)

Thank you NID!!!! I see your point.

• Author
TogetherForever
I missed this thread before..

Good for you..

It's nice that she can be civil with you.. as you will probably see her again sometimes (for the kids' events)...

Same thing happened with my first ex's ex.. she eventually remarried, she invited me a few times to her place for special events... we (my ex and I) went to her place for drinks..

It was all good.. she was a very good person..

Hi Lizzie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have his sons wedding next month & it'll be nice to know things will be quiet.

Impressive that she could handle things this way...most BS's aren't capable of getting to this point. I certainly couldn't have/wouldn't have by any means. All around it sounds like perhaps this situation will turn out good for everyone impacted.

Impressive that she could handle things this way...most BS's aren't capable of getting to this point. I certainly couldn't have/wouldn't have by any means. All around it sounds like perhaps this situation will turn out good for everyone impacted.

Owl, you and I don't disagree often, but I disagree with this.

But you did say "most". I would say "some" or "many" but not "most". I know. Semantics.

I would have been able to do this, but its because infidelity has been such a huge part of my life and upbringing (sad to say). I have had three stepmothers. Seen several OW come and go. Had a brother that was a product of an affair. You (general) just learn to get on with it without the bitterness and angst.

But I am so glad that the exW initiated this, because it proves that "some"/"many" BWs DO move on and wants what's best for everyone regardless of the past. This is great for the kids and for TF.

Owl, you and I don't disagree often, but I disagree with this.

But you did say "most". I would say "some" or "many" but not "most". I know. Semantics.

I would have been able to do this, but its because infidelity has been such a huge part of my life and upbringing (sad to say). I have had three stepmothers. Seen several OW come and go. Had a brother that was a product of an affair. You (general) just learn to get on with it without the bitterness and angst.

But I am so glad that the exW initiated this, because it proves that "some"/"many" BWs DO move on and wants what's best for everyone regardless of the past. This is great for the kids and for TF.

I agree!!! :)

• Author
TogetherForever

Hey Owl!!!!!!

I think it's because it's been 9 years now. (Aug. 18th was 9 years.)

I was struggling with wether I should approach her or not.

She ended up stepping up first. Which I am greatful & I admire her strength.

• 4 weeks later...

The ex sounds like she's ok with the turn of things in her life...no reason that TF would gloat...it appears to be a resolution that everyone can live with.

I wish everybody in the situation the best.

The ex sounds like she's ok with the turn of things in her life

I would be. She's getting rid of a dog. Hopefully that is what she is thinking and its good riddance and she can have him.

• Author
TogetherForever
I would be. She's getting rid of a dog. Hopefully that is what she is thinking and its good riddance and she can have him.

WOW, what crawled up your butt?

WOW, what crawled up your butt?

nuttin' honey. I'm just thinking about his wife. I hope this is the way she sees it. I hope she realizes that there are better men out there for her and you did her a HUGE favor.

And when the 7 year itch starts with your new cheating man, just prepare yourself.

• Author
TogetherForever
nuttin' honey. I'm just thinking about his wife. I hope this is the way she sees it. I hope she realizes that there are better men out there for her and you did her a HUGE favor.

And when the 7 year itch starts with your new cheating man, just prepare yourself.

His wife is happy with the way things turned out. She's got herself a new man. (How do I know this? I spoke with her a few weeks ago. Just in case you were wondering.)

Oh & I'm not a believer of "If he cheats with you, he'll cheat on you".

But I'll be sure to let you know if that does happen.

:)

His wife is happy with the way things turned out. She's got herself a new man.

good for her!!

but of course you aren't:rolleyes:

Ahhh. Yeah. I used to be like that.

Write that down for yourself somewhere.

• Author
TogetherForever

Ahhh. Yeah. I used to be like that.

Write that down for yourself somewhere.

I'll let you know if that does happen ok.

But please, don't hold your breath.

Chrome Barracuda

I'll let you know if that does happen ok.

But please, don't hold your breath.

TF think about it logically...

If there was infidelity on his part and he betrayed his wife, to get with you the mistress right? if he has no problem lying to a woman he made vows and promises and a life with. Do you think if the situation arises when you get married to him, he wont do it again???

Really? think about it???

In the back of my head I couldnt perceive to trust that person because of how we got together. There would always be that voice whispering to me about how we hurt others...

That's called a conscience.